• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tai Lung upgrade

Big Fat Panda FRA

Looks pretty good at glance though

This feat was already calculated before, but was rejected. Can't find the other calc right now, but I explained it there as well.

The problem with the crater is that it's not 100% rock. You can see that it looks like it's tiles of some kind laying on top of dirt.

It's not rock that he pulverized. It's possible there is some rock, but that crater is mostly dirt.

This feat was already calculated before, but was rejected. Can't find the other calc right now, but I explained it there as well.

The problem with the crater is that it's not 100% rock. You can see that it looks like it's tiles of some kind laying on top of dirt.

It's not rock that he pulverized. It's possible there is some rock, but that crater is mostly dirt.
Not that I particularly care, but looking at the scans in the OP calc, the surface of the impact doesn't look much like soil. You'd expect it to be granular, or decompress and fall a bit inwards after the fact but the impact is solid, condensed and the texture on the surface looks more rocky than like dirt.
For example

That looks more like a rocky texture, quite similar to the visuals of other suck stone-esque materials in the clips.

Are you 100% sure that's dirt and soil? Between the texture, how dense it seems to be and solid, visual similarity to other such thing and even the fissures that run across it, it very well could be rock. At least, the possibility is there.

Something a bit more elaborate then that?
It doesn't really look like dirt to me beyond "it's brown", and some of it isn't even brown, has none of the features soil or dirt would have, and if it was dirt you'd think the subsequent fighting and shaking would loosen it up a bit and have it spill out into the hole, even if just specks. But none of that happens. Honestly texture, and how dense it looks along with fissures and more are hard signs it isn't soil. At absolute worst it'd be an extremely compact clay or dry mud material due to the deep multi-inch thick fissures that go down a decent bit without the dirt spilling apart and filling them up, which would only be possible with a hard enough substance that could retain it's integrity with the action taking place.

I'm going to have to say if not rock, it's at least an extremely dry or hard mud or clay.

Look here. Dirt does not create such fine cracks on impact.
Haven't check up the scene in a long while, not certain how I miss this last time since I'm positive I saw the whole fight through to confirm it.

Yeah that looks like clear rock and sounds like it. Never mind what I said, this all seems fine.

Dirt can 100% crack like that, don't underestimate fiction, just not this time. This is very straight forward.

You also generally don't build roads on dirt, to my knowledge. This seems fine, anyhow.
I’ll just note that if we use the reasoning of what a road was built from off this link Chinese roads weren’t made from stone but rather:
The Chinese roads, on the other hand, were more akin to modern highways, being thinner and more elastic. They were built with a rubble sub-base onto which a layer of finely tamped gravel was added to produce a 'water- bound macadam'.

Seems fine to me. I didn't think any of the profiles were locked though. The Furious Five should remain 8-C without the + imo, though after KFP2 Tigress is probably 8-C+ level

Back