• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

T.L.T: S.S.B.E (the Tier List for every Tier: Super Smash Brothers Edition)

EmbalmerMaster9000

VS Battles
Retired
Introductio

You know those "Strongest character for every tier" threads that simply attempt to find the strongest character for a certain tier based on speed equalized/not speed equalized things?

Well, this is sorta like that, except that we do not take speed equalized matchups into account and instead base the characters purely off of SBA (Sorta like tournament rules in Smash Bros) and their stats/hax/whatever they start off with alone.

Basically, we select a tier out of all of the available tiers (Ex. 9-B, High 5-A, 4-A, Low 2-C) and organize it into a list of characters starting off with the weakest to the strongest while explaining why it is good/viable and how it performs in comparison to other characters in a format identical to a Super Smash Brothers tier list.

Basically, a poster is supposed to explain why a character should be placed in a certain part of a tier list following SBA and exactly why by comparing it to other characters in the same tier and by the amount of (possibly theoretical) winning/losing matchups said characters would have based on how they would start the match (EX. character has lots of hax but it doesn't use them straight away), how high-end of the tier they are at, speed, and hax/resistances. Characters will be sorted into letter tiers based on their possible win/loss ratios (It does not have to be exactly what it is on the profile, but theoretical ones), for example, a mid-tier (B-tier) character would have an even win/loss ratio, whereas a C-tier would have slightly more losses than wins, in comparison to an A-tier character which would have slightly more wins than losses.

So a tier list that lists the weakest/strongest characters in a certain tier range would look like this:

Below Average Human level (10-C): Example tier-tier list

D-Tier
Me in real life

Mr. Burns

Jumping Spider

Beetle

Tarantula

Me after I exercise in real life

C-Tier
Composite Ant

Domestic Cat

B-Tier]
Composite Tree

A-Tier
Composite Virus

S-Tier
Mosquito (I ran out of ideas)

SS-Tier
Composite Tree (Speed equalized) (This was an obvious joke)

This was an example list for 10-C, the actual one would most likely look different.

Now, for an example submission/suggestion for a character's placement on a certain part of a tier list.

Example suggestio
For tier High 5-A, I believe that the Terraria should be around S-tier:

The Terrarian has a passive resistance to a plethora debuffs with accessories (Which would include Petrification and several durability-bypassing effects) and a general resistance to soul manipulation as well as temporary after-hit invulnerability. Adding onto this, while the Terrarian generally lacks effective hax of his own, their speed in conjunction with their versatile set of weapons, homing attacks, lifesteal, and multiple forms of weaponry that can phase through terrain/enemies (Which should work identically to piercing armor, thus acting as a degree of limited durability negation) easily makes up for this. The Terrarian, unlike some other characters, does not require to be bloodlusted to go all-out and generally starts using it outright as soon as the match starts, as they would in-game.

Given these reasons alone, I think that the Terrarian should be S-tier for Dwarf Star level/High 5-A.

I do not know why I did not say this earlier, but no tiers 1 or 0 because pretty much everyone and their mother's cat and their cat's food bowl in those tiers are equal in power, if I recall correctly.

There might actually have to be multiple threads for certain tiers alone (Not specific tiers labeled stuff like "4-B/Solar System level", but something like tier 4 has a whole." So there could be about ten different threads (From tiers 11 to 2 including all of their subtypes) that link back to this thread with their own tier lists included within the original post).

Well, I'll start.

9-C Leopold the Cat for C-tier (Superior to peak humans)

8-A Dragon Rider for A-tier (High-end stats, has a ton of abilities that make him a dangerous opponent)

Low 4-C Blob for S-tier (Very high-end stats, because he actually absorbed the Sun, but exploded)

These are just a few of the characters that come to mind. I know that there should be a lot more of them.

Kharn is the Shedinja of High 5-A. A terrible choice outside of one specific ability which has a niche yet utterly OP application. People outside of this niche, however, stomps him.

RKGenki said:
I didn't know they were 5-B too.
How would they fare against the others?
Took spot 9 on the Top 10 5-B list (which was admitably facilitated by myself, but was agreed with by others)

@Yobo I'd say it's more likely to be S rather than SS, but it's just due to there being extremely powerful characters in that tier (I mean, UKG legit stomps most, if not all, of the others)

If it was any other tier then he would've likely been SS.

But it's 5-B. That tier is too cluttered OvO

FSM gets a lot more power ful after you realize he created all the minds, forms, speed, absorption, and all the other elements that makes up Ninjago

Still not quite enough, but it's cool

2-A:

D-Tier: Bill Cipher (Baseline, Hax only works on 3-Ds, etc.), Sonic the Hedgehog (Archie Pre-Genesis Wave) (No hax, slightly above baseline), Anti-Monitor (The most basic 2-A of all, he only has Antimatter Manipulation and Mind Control going for him), ENIAC (The true basic 2-A, just shit.)

C-Tier: Asriel Dreemurr (Good AP, Save and Load makes him hard to kill, that's about it though.), Maxwell (Can manipulate most things to his will, he needs time to write it though.)

B-Tier: The Cosmic Imaginatio (High-Godly and Type 8 makes it pretty damn hard to put down and it is the embodiment of all magic.)

A-Tier: Galactus (Should be on the higher end of this tier, he's pretty good), Kagutsuchi (Shin Megami Tensei) (One of the weaker SMT gods, but he's pretty powerful in his own right.)

S-Tier: Lavos (Pretty simple, hax, strength etc.), Homura Akemi (Why do you think she had so many wins?), Kriemhild Gretche (Strong, haxxed, pretty good.),

SS Tier: Shin Megami Tensei and Digimo

@Edward I was going to try 2-A later

Just a little nitpick: not all digimons are SS, after-the-upcoming-upgrades kagutsuchi has a legit shot at reaching that level, Madoka is overall stronger than Homura due to the latest upgrades and UKG might get into SS (over the top regen, a metric ton of resistances on this level, a metric ton of passives and on tought hax, Yggdrasil level precog), I mean she has a legit shot against top tier 2-A digimon (as they are right now, dragon was talking about some upgrades so idk), probably barring Ogudomon due to his passive defenses (I think, idk how they work).

Unknow

Shit-Tier: BB (Five Nights at Freddy's) (Because **** this guy)

C-Tier: Decim (Spooky and cool, but doesn't have much besides threads), Puffy Fluffy (Transformation and nothing else), Lethifold (9-B absorption)

B-Tier: Hawking (Durability negation and black hole)

A-Tier: Sans (BattleReviews reasons)

S-Tier: Ajimu Najimi (The literal point is that she can do anything except two very specific things), EoS Medaka (Copied things from Ajimu, and the King from the Other Universe, has a lesser version of The Hero), Misogi Kumagawa (Can seal these two)

SS-Tier: Iihiko Shishime (The whole point is that nobody can beat him because The Hero), Zenkichi Hitoyoshi (Contradictory Conjunction GG)

Ugi is quite powerful for 4A, if for nothing else for fighting Nicol Bolas on equal standing and only really losing and being killed due to the intervention of one of Bolas's allies. He also could apparently harm the true eldrazi, though not to an extent that it was a better alternative than just sealing them in Zendikar.

5-B (Speed Equalized)

D-Tier:

Korosensei (Low chance of even getting off a 5-B attack and at his peak has city level durability)

Anyone who's only attack at this level is self destruction (Of witch there are many)

Most glass cannons

C-Tier:

Cut Ma and Metal Man (Composite)

Saitama

Saibame (All due to general lack of useful abilities)

B-Tier:

Centaur Man (Composite) (Time stop, Teleportation, reality warping, none of witch are too terribly strong, but none of witch are weak, either)

Captain Ginyu (Soul exchanging is pretty useful, and as far as I know it's unavoidable. That implies, of course, he lives long enough to get it off. And that he can exchange the soul at all, since this is the tier with robots)

Dark Rust (Can cause H A V O C in a tier with so many robots, though otherwise is nothing special)

A-Tier:

Mew (A poor man's Mirage Mewtwo)

Ra Moo (For similar reasons to Dark Rust)

S-Tier:

Samus Ara (That's a lotta weapons!)

Mega Man (Composite) (Literally over 100 weapons)

Lloyd Garmadon (USM) (So... many... powers...)

Mirage Mewtwo (FRA)

Regular (Mega) Mewtwo (Mindhax and not being shabby in the abilities department itself)

SS-Tier:

Yveltal (5-B Thunder Mcqueen, but they come back to life after a few decades or centries)

Manga Sigma (Dosn't have a page, but can scale to Manga X and has Sigma's infamous inability to die)

Back