• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sword Art Online General Discussion/Q&A Thread #4

The closest thing I could find to a telekinesis scan was the final boss of the base game of Hollow Realization where she fights with and controls the mech, albeit without using her limbs and what else while all the pieces float.

On another note. I'm probably gonna leave this conversation here and wait for staff to show up due to the fact that it seems Kaantantr most likely won't be engaging in this discussion for a while given something he posted elsewhere (if you're really curious you can find it yourself) so for now I'll just let staff decide as to not disturb him out of respect.

redownloadjng Hollow Realization to see if I missed any abilities but for now I think the profile should be good to add? We have one disagreement but everyone else, including a staff member (DMUA) seem to be in agreement with the 6-C rating

Actually, looking at the scans in their AP justification, now that they are present

it does seem to mention that their plan to destroy Aincrad was specifically to crash it into the earth more than just making it explode

granted there is still the creation part and the KE as a result but I'll need a little bit of time to make a proper calculation of that, I should have all the numbers that I need

@DMUA Now that this is through, I had a bit of an odd question. Since Kirito is able to absorb the luminosity in an area, and through doing that make it appear dimmer, shouldn't the absorption ability be FTL? Otherwise, wouldn't new sunlight come in at a faster rate than it's being absorbed to keep the area at the same luminosity?

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense, I don't know all that much about the physics of luminosity and such.

Maybe but that's not really relevant to combat (especially when I figure he just made an absorption field that just sucked in everything there, and it's not like Light can dodge out of the way

Frick, I thought this was the calc discussion thread... Oh well, I got to see that gameverse Kirito got a profile! Have to say... Nice work. And am excited to see matches for him.

Now we move onto Mobileverse where Kirito is continent-level due to the persona crossover :)

JKJK

There is some crazy shit happening in Unital Ring though.

Maybe but that's not really relevant to combat (especially when I figure he just made an absorption field that just sucked in everything there, and it's not like Light can dodge out of the way
Even if it was a AoE field though, that directed any sunlight within the field to his sword, and new sunlight that entered the field would also be attracted to his sword. Shouldn’t it still have to be at least relativistic? Because new sunlight would just hit that area and illuminate it before it’s pulled towards Kirito’s sword.

The other alternatives as far as I know them would be that this force field (if it exists), refracts the light that enters it to focus on Kirito’s blade, in which case there should be a focus of light centered at Kirito. Or any light within the force field is just instantenously absorbed by Kirito’s blade, which is immeasurable.

The gameverse page already got taken down. Is this the curse of Tier 6 or higher Kirito existing on the wiki?

Because new sunlight would just hit that area and illuminate it before it’s pulled towards Kirito’s sword.
If it's directed towards his sword and all the light is absorbed in an area, none of it is going into any observer's eyes and properly registering

The absorption doesn't need to be comparable in speed at all to just happen. Gravity is only 9.8 m/s per second and we need to actively push away from it to be immune, light doesn't have such sentience

If it's directed towards his sword and all the light is absorbed in an area, none of it is going into any observer's eyes and properly registering
Maybe I’m just too out of my depth on how photons works. But if a stream of photons was directed at Kirito’s sword, it should still visible, right? They’re able to see Kirito’s sword radiating light even in this environment.
The absorption doesn't need to be comparable in speed at all to just happen. Gravity is only 9.8 m/s per second and we need to actively push away from it to be immune, light doesn't have such sentience
What do you mean by immune to gravity and its sentience?

Oh yeah I got my hands on the Web Novel version of SAO so I'll probably try to make profiles for that next.

Variant Showdown is out now. Time to wait for it to have some crazy tier 4-2 feat lol

This is happening for the first time, as players can have fun with SWORD ART ONLINE’s anime plot in game format with SWORD ART ONLINE Alicization Lycoris! Users can try it as the protagonist Kirito and get involved in Underworld, which is a mysterious virtual world set that is in the anime’s Alicization arc. Users can learn more about this game by following https://takeown.com/sword-art-online-alicization-lycoris/ this link now. The game has an intense battle plot, amazing JRPG visuals, and a massive world to explore their journey via the advanced VRMMO SWORD ART ONLINE game is ready to start with!

Last edited:
we still gonna talk about 4A scaling from the end of the previous thread?
Don't waste your time here. It's honestly not worth arguing anymore considering we only use Official Translations (While other verses try to AVOID Official Translations) thanks to certain people here. They will probably not accept Fan Translations at this point and consider the most impressive feats as flowery languages.

You cannot help yourself being passive aggressive, can't you? Even when I go to the fan translators you read the translations of and they explicitly say how they usually cringe at their old translations and how they would never translate certain things in certain ways, or at how many small or large scale mistakes they did.

If the translator you are reading the translation of says "Official translation is much more accurate than mine", maybe you should stop embarrassing yourself.

My favorite moment of SAO was when Kirito said "It's dual blading time! And the dual-bladed all over those guys."

Anyways more Gameverse stuff since I've hit a music block and need new things to do.

They'll serve as ability additions for Quinella and Cardinal mainly and maybe an AP feat for Kirito but I still need to make Lycoris keys.

Basically, Quinella should get Limited Low-Godly Regen or Resurrection. She can regenerate from having her soul and consciousness destroyed as long as her body is still there and there are enough spatial resources and a "laborious ritual".

Quinella's Incarnation also lingered after her death and was basically protecting the Cathedral Cedar which Kirito had to use his own Incarnation while connected to the Main Visualizer to destroy.

Cardinal can also bring people back to life as long as their fluctlight remains and there is a vessel (or something around those lines. Not in the scans but it's the True ending of Alicization Lycoris.)

This does make me wonder though. If Kirito returns to the real world at the end of Lycoris why is he back in Last Recollection? I'd assume it'd be for the Final Load Test but it could also just be it's a different timeline?

Please don't mind me being a bit vague. It's partially caused by the Gameverse being... "looser" with its logic at times, but more so because I have a massive rush of different things to go through at the university that I don't have much time to spend for other things.

Basically, Quinella should get Limited Low-Godly Regen or Resurrection.

So, for starters, there are a lot of weird things with Quinella's revival, however the core concept stems partially from Moon Cradle, and partially from Gameverse just pulling stuff out of its behind, so you will indeed need to make a lot of leaps here and there.

First off, "revival" is semi-possible in Underworld, however the product cannot be exactly called someone who was actually revived. The Seed saves a lot of personal data on objects and the like (which leads to things like Griselda's Ghost in Murder Mystery or Sachi's echo in the Day Before), which is also the basis for Divine Objects and their Memory Releases. Without going on that tangent, in Moon Cradle, Emperor heirlooms are used to "revive" the 3 dead Emperors (Norlangarth, Sothercrois & Eastavarieth) by channeling the memories into a vessel, created out of clay (the same way Minions are created).

Lycoris partially takes this concept, but introduces Clamps that suck up Spatial Resources to "reanimate" the memories left behind without a vessel. These are a far cry from actual revivals, as they are very limited in their functionality, only portraying key aspects that were within the saved memories, wherever they were saved.

Quinella has a large advantage in that she still has a physical vessel, her original physical form, for these memories to be "reincarnated" into. However, as far as I recall, she is still not a "revived Quinella". She is memories brought back to life, as complete as those memories are.

I am quite certain there is a lot of information about this during the myriad of encounters with Hersyrian during the chapter. I would start looking from right after facing the two Integrity Knights Fizel and Linel killed, Jared and Red iirc. But the information drops are too fragmented and infrequent and will require a lot of patience to go through. It's not one of Lycoris' better portions.

But depending on your definition of "limited" portion of the resurrection, it can be applicable. I'd more so define it as a partial copy doll, rather than a revival though.

Incarnation also lingered after her death
This is something that happens quite a lot, although it actually having an effect on the circumstances of the world is a powerful showcase of it. Things like Chudelkin engulfing Quinella, Fanatio sensing Bercouli's death as his incarnation reaches her, Shasta, Bercouli, Cardinal and Lipia appearing for Kirito as he's fighting Gabe etc.

Cardinal can also bring people back to life as long as their fluctlight remains
Cardinal is not actually reviving anyone here. Medina basically went through the same thing that Eugeo did in the main canon. She fused with her sword, and then she died. Fusing with the sword however left a fragment of her memories in the sword itself, aka she became the "memory of the sword". Cardinal simply transferred this existing memory onto the body of her ancestor to act as a vessel, which is why she does not remember anything but her own name, and has vague feelings she cannot define.

If Kirito returns to the real world at the end of Lycoris why is he back in Last Recollection?
Kirito was never able to return to the real world. He contacted Kikuoka but they failed to log him off and then the contact between the Real World and Underworld got broken for good again. That was the start of Myosotis DLC, followed by Ancient Apostle Chapters 1-8 and then the Matricaria DLC. Last Recollection comes after.

Please don't mind me being a bit vague. It's partially caused by the Gameverse being... "looser" with its logic at times, but more so because I have a massive rush of different things to go through at the university that I don't have much time to spend for other things.
I was hoping you would show up because Gameverse can be very confusing and I will admit you know a lot more than I do. Thanks for addressing some of these things so TL;DR Cardinal can't actually revive people.
But depending on your definition of "limited" portion of the resurrection, it can be applicable. I'd more so define it as a partial copy doll, rather than a revival though.
Yeah the reason I proposed it is limited instead of normal is because it takes a lot of steps to get to the point of reviving quinella and most of them aren't from herself.

Last edited:
BTW I know you're not a powerscaler but is there any other potential feats in these games I may have missed? Doesn't have to be anything big just stuff that seems cool or usable.

Gameverse can be very confusing
Ahahah, tell me about it. Sometimes, the only explanation is "Well, it's the Gameverse" :ROFLMAO: Which can be a bit of a pain if you are someone who seeks logical connections for things happening... At times, there simply isn't one.

but is there any other potential feats in these games I may have missed?
Generally speaking, Gameverse is a lot more tame in comparison. Less "hero" moments in the sense that main canon has, Kirito doesn't even have "surpassing the system" moments pre-Alicization and barely has Incarnation moments in Alicization so far.

One stand out could be Seven in the final chapter of Lost Song, but Lost Song's technical explanation of what Seven is doing is so convoluted that I stopped bothering to try following it and just rolled with the shenanigans.

You can potentially check Accel World vs SAO, that game has a lot of Incarnation references, but it also technically is not part of the SAO Gameverse.

Back