• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Swamp Thing Regenerationn and Keys Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew does have a point in that we probably should have waited for him.

Also, I agree that the constant bashing of Matthew and Weekly by various members has to stop. The provocations towards them as well.

Antvasima said:
Matthew does have a point in that we probably should have waited for him.

Also, I agree that the constant bashing of Matthew and Weekly by various members has to stop. The provocations towards them as well.
Many people are fed up because it's seems like only they get in trouble for two-way altercations. Even if that's not the case, the way it's been handled so far makes it look like it is.

Antvasima if he clearly broke the rules why do try to downplay it and make the other members sound like they're conspiring against him? From what I see above he did post an argument but it was debunked by Zensum and agreed with by others including yourself. There is also the fact that he has been posting in other threads, so he could have simply asked for time if that is what he needed.

I don't really see any "bashing" above, it is a fact that he reverted an accepted crt and a fact he closed another crt without the other person defending his argument. The same thing he is claiming others are doing to him.

Well, they are under additional pressure because so many people have acted in a very hostile manner towards them here that it has turned them stressed out, but they obviously have to make an effort to behave properly.

Anyway, Sera is correct. Let's all calm down. I will try to talk with Matthew.

I don't mean any offense, nor do I want to be hostile, but this strategy of private talks with Matthew doesn't seem to have worked so far.

It was a long time since I had a private talk with Matthew. I will try to reason with him.

Well, the way you've phrased your words in various threads made it same like this has been done a few times recently. It might be a good idea to choose a different way to say it, as it may bring more misunderstandings to a bad situation.

Enough already. He didn't even break any actual rule, just an abuse of power and an unethical practice. This is the 2018 Weekly situation all over again. It's getting old.

It's a minor abuse. Major abuse of power is the Everlasting situation and we all know how that ended. Major abuse is unbanning someone simply because they didn't like how they were banned. He did nothing remotely comparable.

I still feel like general abuse of power is still above general rule breaking, but there's no official ranking for that so it's probably still too subjective to argue about.

Sera EX said:
It's a minor abuse. Major abuse of power is the Everlasting situation and we all know how that ended. Major abuse is unbanning someone simply because they didn't like how they were banned. He did nothing remotely comparable.
Correct me if im wrong but reverting accepted edits would be vandalism and i have seen people getting banned for this in the short time i have been on this wiki. It seams like rules dont apply to staff here.

1. That's not vandalism. Vandalism falls under a different category entirely. Making Swamp Thing Tier Infinite is vandalism. Reverting edits is not.

2. Rules don't apply to staff? Say that to the many staff that were perma banned after the whole Discord saga ended.

Now let's stop. The thread's been dragged into the dirt long enough.

I agree with Sera. This is a very minor abuse of power, and was due to Matthew wishing to get a chance to argue for his case here. I will close this thread. It has been derailed into general bashing of him.

He can start a new revision thread later if he wishes to revise the page.

Regardless, I will try to reason with him in private. That is the best that I can do under these circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back