• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The McCallister family is taking a vacation to a castle in a swamp for Christmas (The swamp may not make a good location, but the castle is very spacious and has a lot to offer, for those who want to know why they would go there). Kevin ends up being left in the castle while the rest of the family is out doing...something. Kevin discovers a swamp monster roaming near the castle and makes preparations to defend himself.

Kevin McCallister
Swamp Monster

Notes: For the sake of this battle, it is assumed that this monster is not allergic to humans like the one in the book was, since that was never clarified to be a universal species shared trait. Kevin has three hours of prep time and is allowed to use traps from both the first two movies. Also, yes, this is my Christmas match.

The creature fell into traps involving holes in stairs or something, Traps that Kevin would call amateur hour if he was being generous. The question is if the traps he sets can kill the thing, since I think it's already a foregone conclusion that it'll fall for his traps.

Last edited:
The creature fell into traps involving holes in stairs or something, Traps that Kevin would call amateur hour if he was being generous. The question is if the traps he sets can kill the thing, since I think it's already a foregone conclusion that it'll fall for his traps.
Even if he successfully kills it, it'll just come back to life and adapt to whatever killed it, though if Kevin can find the hidden room in the castle during his preparation phase then he'll probably figure to trap the monster inside when he sees that nothing else works on it (Two other kids who aren't as intelligent as him were able to do it).

Couldn't the kerosene explosion damage the creature's body beyond a point where it could resurrect? Especially if it was damaged pretty well prior to taking the explosion?

The monster absolutely would fall for the traps. It couldn't even identify what a human was despite knowing that it was allergic to them. That's a special kind of stupid.

Where do the combatants start exactly? In front each other? Or are they segregated in different areas of the castle? If it's the former then Keven likely gets blitzed unless he has a trap in front of him

Kevin starts in a room on the second floor of the castle, while the creature starts at the entrance on the bottom floor. Kevin is hiding at first, which means he will have to rely on hearing the monster's heavy footsteps and the sounds of his own traps to determine the monster's location. He should be able to figure out when the beast is ready to go upstairs, giving him enough time to launch the paint cans and pipe.

I should probably mention that in addition to his own traps, Kevin can also use the hole in the stairway leading to the third floor, but unless the monster has taken sufficient damage from the other traps by that point, like in the book, it will only stun the monster and deliver a small amount of damage.

Correct me if I'm wrong but would the monster be unaffected by Kevin's traps, it's regeneration and immortality would be a little bit too much for Kevin to handle, unless Kevin has something that would cause a lot of damage to the monster to the point where it can't regenerate.

Is there anything that can permanentely put the Monster down? If so, I'm pretty sure Kevin would take it
As someone who has watched both home alone movies, i don't think Kevin has anything powerful enough to take it down, i don't think he never uses something that explodes, Kevin could use fire and the like but then again, the monster would just regenerate from it and try to kill Kevin.

Honestly i'm voting for the Swamp Monster, Kevin could try setting it on fire, elctrocuting it and the like but in the end, it'll just regenerate and eat Kevin.

Honestly i'm voting for the Swamp Monster, Kevin could try setting it on fire, elctrocuting it and the like but in the end, it'll just regenerate and eat Kevin.
Trapping it in the hidden room of the castle could work. Two normal kids were able to find the room so Kevin with 3 hours will probably discover it while setting up his traps.

Trapping it in the hidden room of the castle could work. Two normal kids were able to find the room so Kevin with 3 hours will probably discover it while setting up his traps.
Yeah that seems likely, changing my vote to Kevin then.

Back