• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Swamp Thing Regenerationn and Keys Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOTE: I'm not against the Regenerationn itself being removed if there is any evidence supporting it, but the current justification for it.

Regenerationn(High-Godly, Capable of Regenerating even if his existence is destroyed as long as The Green exists, and regenerating even if his connection to The Green is completely cut-off, or if he is destroyed alongside The Green itself)

I'm pretty sure this part is extremely out of context, for starters, the scan debunks itself, LOL.

"As long as there's life here in the green house, then there's a connection to the green. The collective consciousness of the plant word -- even if every other trace of it is extinguished. As long as there's a green... There's a swamp thing"

^the quote up here from the first scan sums it up, the Green itself wasn't completely destroyed by pralaya, every other trace of it was,but the house of mystery still existed , and within the house was plant life, aka green, which was reformed into a aspect of Alec Holland, who mind you doesn't even know how to use his powers to a complete extent.

This scan here also further substantiates the point of him being completely clueless, as he couldn't even WALK.

Then there's the World Tree Key, I'd simply like to point out he cannot use the World Tree in a combat applicative way with his own power.

"Zatanna knew that... If we could send the Swamp Thing In, he'd carry the World Tree Essence with him,And Zee could weave a enchantment to start it growing again."

The Only other time we've seen him use it is to peer into another universe, nothing more, nothing else.

"Multiverse level+(Absorbed the entirety of The Gree)"

LMAO

The Context comes from JLD, Issue #36, where the JLD were transported into a world in the future, which was completely destroyed, with no trace of life being in it, which includes any other form of plant life excluding the flower.

Here, Swamp Thing makes it clear, The Green was completely destroyed, he cannot sense it, and he was getting weakend by every second he stepped a foot on that earth, due to the lack of green.

"Holland's barely got the strength to walk, let alone fend these things off"

"All that's left now... In all the universes... Is this silver of my world...and of the course the man who rules and conquers it... Mckmal."''

Holland literally DIED due to the lack of Green. All of this shows that the flower being the entirety of the Green isn't literal, The Green is dead, it's just a single flower now which was preserved by felix, i.e, this isn't the entire force of the green, but a literally infinitely small equivalent of what it was.

And how exactly the time gremlins 2-A? they have literally 0 feats on that level.

Yea n52 Swamp Thing does not have High Godly and those scans aren't matching with the justification text. Regarding the first, Calculus A is stating they destroyed The Grove which is an access point to The Green, they stated later they miscalculated and assumed that sealing an access point could sever an Avatars link. The other scans are like Hykuu said, The Green has been destroyed everywhere except in the HoM which is why Swamp Thing can barley form himself. If The Green dies Swamp Thing will most certainly die and as seen many times before if he's separated from The Green he can survive for a period of time until his power runs out. Low Godly is a better rating IMO.

It is true The World Tree is never used in combat and only has a creation feat.

This 2-A key is just plain nonsensical. Don't even have to add to the OP on this front other than to point out Prayala says herself the time gremlins aren't meant to be that strong. You could make the entire JLD 2-A for this justification.

Dust is mid-high. Low-godly needs to have no matter left at all.

stalker, but ye I realized that, idk what got into me lol, but I think this thread should've been made a long ago.

I disagree, Post-Flashpoint Swamp Thing was outright destroyed by Pralaya alongside all of existence minus the House of Mystery and the Green itself (Which Swamp Thing absorbed) and came back purely because there was one plant inside the House of Mystery.

He also regenerated after having his connection from the Green itself cut off showing that he can ignore even the one supposed rule of his Regenerationn.

As for his "The Green Absorbed" key...

The Flower did contain the Green. To preserve itself from Pralaya's destruction it contained itself inside that flower. The reason Swamp-Thing was dying and couldn't sense the Green is because it wasn't in its normal state that he is connected to.

Also the Time Gremlins were destroying the time of the multiverse for Pralaya.

Also literally only Swamp Thing is shown fighting them off. All the other JLD guys aren't.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I disagree, Post-Flashpoint Swamp Thing was outright destroyed by Pralaya alongside all of existence minus the House of Mystery and the Green itself (Which Swamp Thing absorbed) and came back purely because there was one plant inside the House of Mystery.

He also regenerated after having his connection from the Green itself cut off showing that he can ignore even the one supposed rule of his Regenerationn.

The Flower did contain the Green. To preserve itself from Pralaya's destruction it contained itself inside that flower. The reason Swamp-Thing was dying and couldn't sense the Green is because it wasn't in its normal state that he is connected to.

Also literally only Swamp Thing is shown fighting them off. All the other JLD guys aren't.
Which is my point, the green wasnt destroyed completely unlike the profile said, I literally said all this,lol, and if the green wasn't destroyed it wouldn't be high godly.

Zensum debunked this.

No, because it was preserved so deeply that even his sense couldn't reach it as stated by felix, the flower is the green in a time period where all of the green was destroyed excluding the flower, which is made clear throughout the entire ordeal.

Scans?

Not my point.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Yea this was in OP.

If you are refering to the justification, his connection was never severed that was the point. All Calculus A did was destroy The Grove in Louisiana.

The flower held the entirety of the green yes, but like that's barely anything since you know all the plant life has been long gone by this point. In fact there would be no green at all if Felix didn't save it. Swamp Thing was dying because he was nowhere near the flower and it was under several protection/cloaking spells.

They aren't actually busting time themselves, just causing ruptures that destabilize it, causing it all to collapse like a chain reaction.

Demonstratively false.

I think that Hykuu and Zensum seem to make sense. However, why is there a mention of Mckmal in one of the quotes?

I'm not being sarcastic or arrogant. I genuinely think that your long and super detailed argument debunked all of the thread and that it should be closed now.

Don't start problems. No need to be facetious.

Well, I still think that a revision seems warranted based on the above.

^^

Counter arguments have been proposed, it's essentially irrefutable, idk why Matt is trying to keep hax which have been objectively proven false.

Well, if Matthew won't give an argument, I suppose that you can probably carry out the changes.

If it's just downgrading high-godly to low-godly and removing the second key, I could do the edits, but I'd need different scans to put for low-godly Regenerationn.

I can't do it all just yet, I don't know what needs to be put as justification for low-godly Regenerationn.

But removing the second key is easy enough.

Well, I have unlocked the page. Once somebody has updated it, you should tell me here about it.

I've removed the second-key, but I haven't touched the high-godly Regenerationn.

Also, can anyone explain if this weakness is still accurate?

Can have his connection to The Green cut off, though that will only stop him temporarily
It seems like this thread has called into question a lot of stuff about surviving without The Green, is the latter part of the weakness accurate?

"Low-Godly, Capable of Regenerating even if his existence is destroyed as long as The Green exists" This should be fine

Then use the scans that are currently being used for "he is destroyed alongside The Green itself" as the new justification

Edit* Also u accidentally removed the World Tree parts but I'm indifferent to it being there, idk if Hykuu was trying to remove that aswell or not

Alright, I've made that change.

If it looks good, that should be all for this thread, assuming that there's no problem with the weakness that I quoted.

Done.

@Ant Profile's good to lock again.

How was this an accepted revision? I was having a busy week and didn't even have time to defend myself or the page, and now I'm back and it is in a laughably downgraded term.

Also even if the Regen is downgraded it should still be Mid-Godly,not Low-Godly.

You could have posted that you were going o make an argument to debunk the thread... Instead, you basically said "No, you are wrong and I'm righ no matter the circumstances". And theres the fact that you closed a CRT before anyone could argue.

Why do you immediately come here to try and bash me, Schro, after already doing it on the RV Thread? It's rather getting to stalkish levels with you and me.

And I did give counterarguments in my own post were you to actually look into this thread and not try to shame me. I simply wasn't given any chance to reply.

I'd rather have people show the courtesy to wait even if I'm not active on the wiki, as people are with other users on other threads. We've literally waited on some revisions for weeks on end for some. Why can't I be inactive for a handful of days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back