• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Supernatural - Castiel searches a city

http://www.narutoforums.com/xfa-blog-entry/castiel-searches-city-spn-calc.34755/

Gonna copy word for word what our friendly OBD blogger said

So in this ep. from S6 Dean thinks the source of the problem plaguing this city is an item known as "Gabriel's horn of Truth". He calls cas and asks him for help, so he zips around and... "Well it isn't the horn of truth."

"what are you talking about, you were gone for like two seconds! where did you look?!"

"Everywhere."Video: https://youtu.be/dJiNO_k7BRc?t=94

From the video is seems he was actually gone for 6 seconds. Now, the city in question is Calumet City, Illinois which has the land area of 18.6 km^2 this is 18,600,000 m^2

Considering it is a small item he's looking for and that he has to go into buildings and rooms I think a fair low-end estimate is that he'd be able to spot it from 5m away in both directions, so I'll divide the area by 10 to get the distance.

Distance traveled= 1860000 m Search speed= 1860000/6= 310000 m/s or Mach 910.9

*You could argue there was teleporting involved in this, but the speed should still apply to reactions since Cas would have to actively look for and process information that fast.

And before anyone asks, this does not scale to any human out there. Probably other lesser beings. This basically is just for angels. The reason why Sam and Dean can fight angels is because of plot armor anyway. Thoughts people?

Sweet! But yeah, I swear if Supernatural focused on angels it would've been a cooler and more consistent series. Maybe a spinoff. Anyway awaiting more people's thoughts.

Should scale to Angels, Archangels and Supreme Beings (Obviously), Leviathans, maybe High Tier Demons if I understand, and I suppose really strong Pagans like Zeus and Kali.

In the words of Castiel

"Well it isn't the horn of truth."

"what are you talking about, you were gone for like two seconds! where did you look?!"

"Everywhere."

But yeah, with angel 'teleportation' or speed there, he looked for it everywhere it seems. Considering Castiel is serious and is in a war and how important the weapon is, it's not something he'll just casually look around for. He'll be searching the entire place.

Pagans should work. Maybe the ones inside that hotel too. The Archangels, God, Darkness and God Castiel should be massively much faster in comparison imo

Perhaps Crowley too?

Hmm, who would you categorize as really strong Pagans? The only ones I can imagine is the ones Lucifer massacred, at least the really hi tiers but it seems to be pushing it. Kali and Zeus should easily scale though. And imo, those deities should be at least stronger than 9A. The ones who use powers for DC

Well, Mercury did turn that wrecked building into a fancy hotel, so maybe that could give them all Small Building to Building Reality Warping, and Kali and Zeus are >>>> Normal Pagans anyway.

@Matt That should work. And yup.

@Donttalk They don't really have anything like Clairvoyance, I'm pretty sure. Nor ways to scan a wide area. And this is an object being hidden so it's not the 'sense anyone in the world' sort of deal.

Hmm.. ok then.

If we take it as teleportation feat we need to do the calculation a bit different though.

Assuming he spots it in 5 meters distance and looks in only one direction, then he covers about half a circle per look. So the area covered per look is 0.5*5^2*¤Ç.

18600000/(0.5*5^2*¤Ç) = 473645.1106414805192482

So he would require 473645.1106414805192482 teleports in order to search the whole city.

So if he did that in 6 seconds he would have 6/473645.1106414805192482 = 0.0000126677123128621 seconds = 12.667712312862100532 mikroseconds

to take in the information.

Since he seemingly used teleportation no movement was necessarily involved, which means the feat is restricted to a reaction time in the tens of mikroseconds range. According to our reactions page that would be called "High Hypersonic perception".

Seems legit. I doubt it was with the use of time stop anyway and I'll take this over human level angels.

Could it still be potentially higher with the idea that he may have simply moved like the other angels? Or perhaps it could be the speed level for Archangels considering that they >>> Angels?

1.Even though i'm a bit skeptic about this Castiel did save Sam and Dean from an explosion so i guess High Hypersonic perception may be possibly (!?)

2.Mercury fixed the hotel in an unknown amount of time and fixing the furniture ,the paint on the wall etc isn't Small Building level.Zeus has a couple of Wall level feats and that's it.I don't get why everyone gets so excited with pagan gods.

Why? They haven't shown anything.For the most part they are just talking about how awesome they are.

Kkapoios said:
Zeus has a couple of Wall level feats and that's it.I don't get why everyone gets so excited with pagan gods.
without believers this seems to be their average lvl, with believers they should mostlikely have the same lvl of power as in the myths...

That's absurd.We don't know how powerful they get with a large amount of followers (i don't even know if it is directly mentioned that they get more powerful since most of the time they complain about having to "hunt" for their own food while then it was just given to them)

Applying this logic Zeus would be able to kill or overpower archangels ,death ,and probably God and Amara.

Well, I am pretty sure they should be on the level of angels or so, with the few strong Pagans being above it, but not that much. Nothing above Tier 8.

And yeah, no, if they are as strong as Myth Counterparts with a lot of worshippers, where's my Low 2-C Kali?

Why should they be on the same level as angels or even strongert, the only time we've seen a pagan god meet another supernatural being didn't end that well for them (but since it was Lucifer that slaughtered them we can't make any assumptions).

If anything they should be ranked by their showings and nothing else.

That's where i placed some time ago but they were severely hurt by the fall (some of them even died) which is only Small Building level so their durability is low-end Room level.If we decided to place them at Building level AP then their durability would be scaled which would result in contrudictions.

Yes SN does have a lot of contradictions mainly because the main writters and producers have changed over the seasons.

But the angel fall is probably the only real feat that would put angels above wall level (believe me i have checked) so ignoring that to follow one statement that doesn't necessariliy translate into anything higher (because angels aren't exactly physical beings) isn't something i personally agree with.

Note: The new writters and producers probably hate angels because they make them look weak in every possible way.

Actually when they fell they lost a good portion of their ability, or connection to Heaven's Host iirc. So they were weakened, maybe that's why. And yes, Supernatural does have a lot of contradictions. If only they stayed the same... Oh well.

It's all for loving Sam and Dean. Sigh. If they just focus on the angels I swear. We need more Gabriel and Lucifer! Even Michael!

AP=/=Speed. High Hypersonic reactions mid tiers sounds fine, with high hypersonic combat speed for the high tiers of Supernatural sounds fair, considering the effortless smackdown Lucifer constantly gives to Castiel.

I did. Just wanted to make sure.

And can someone edit them for me? Computer broke and on phone now so I don't want to mess anything up

No HH combat, only reactions would be influenced by this.

I'm still very skeptical about this.After all angels do have much higher and possibly different senses than humans so it wouldn't be impossible for Castiel to be able to "scan" the entire area searching for magical energies and stuff.

Well, I'm uncertain. If that was the method he used what was the point of teleporting at all. Also, reaction speed can be translated to combat speed if overcome before they could react. Didn't Lucifer do so in the recent season?

Not really, there is no blitzing etc.Also supernatural characters are presented to be at Human level speed so such a questionable feat could easily be an outlier.Humans can constantly keep up with angels and demons, Michael didn't react to a bottle thrown at him, Crowley can teleport to avoid bullets but it's aim dodging.

I think their speed ratings should remain the same.

Well, Lucifer causally killed Mercury, who was shown to be able to move at subsonic speeds, but yeah. I agree with this probably being an outlier.

Lucifer and Mercury were just chatting and Lucifer just decided to telekinetically kill him, it doesn't mean anything for Lucifer's speed.

Mercury didn't even try to move, he just accepted his fate when Lucifer pointed his finger on him.

Back