• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It should be noted Superman was using Toquasm Vo to trick Dominus and fight him in his own mind IIRC so I don't know if that feat scales to normal superman

Just my two cents here, but Supes's resistance really shouldn't scale to Mxy-level, seeing as the latter is often show casualing guys like Darkseid and has far more consistently been depicted as being able to effectively neuter Supes with his powers than vice-versa. Certain showings just do not work due to how much they contradict the established norm of the verse, and Mxy somehow being unable to do anything short of dominate Supes with his powers is a fine example of that.

Him resisting Brainiac is also repeatedly depicted as being extremely painful and exhausting for him, and IIRC at least one of the times he tried fighting off Brainiac's mindhax led to him going unconscious from the effort.

Luke for king's reasoning. I dont think superman has higher ap, the both are likely just baseline SS level, and to be honest, I am tempted to chalk it up to PIS considering SS has been mind haxed in other stories befores. His few showings of resistance just seem to be outliers or require great deal of effort

I mean, I wouldn't go that far. Supes really has managed to fight off mindhax with sheer willpower quite a few times before. (against plenty of strong telepaths as well) I just don't consider Mxy or Brainiac to be among those people who he can deal with reliably. And others whose mindhax are on such an absurd level (Martian Manhunter anyone?) have shown to be more than capable of mentally handing Supes his ass whenever his plot armor goes defective they truly feel like they need to.

I couldn't tell you whether or not Luke's mindhax would be enough to subdue him, though. His mental limits are there, but they aren't very clearly defined due to DC being particularly inconsistent when it comes to him. And while I certainly don't think his mind resistance scales to the likes of Mxy, Brainiac or Martian Manhunter, Luke doesn't hold a candle to any of those three anyway.

KinkiestSins said:
Luke for king's reasoning.
I dont think superman has higher ap, the both are likely just baseline SS level, and to be honest, I am tempted to chalk it up to PIS considering SS has been mind haxed in other stories befores. His few showings of resistance just seem to be outliers or require great deal of effort
Luke is baseline.

Superman is 6.9 KiloFOE for throwing a solar system and 615 KiloFOE via the IMP Calc.

TeenAngel101 said:
Is it via the World-Razer? Cause only his 4-A key scales to that.
No, its from a Jedi who is well-known as being extremely weak in the Force, and he performed an 8 TeraFoe feat that scales to Luke's 4-B key.

Inconclusive imo. I am not sure whether Superman can actually tank Luke's TP. The Mxy feats are heavily plot induced and kinda outlerish.

If the TeraFoe feat is true, then yeah, Luke would easily win this, not only having better hax but way better AP.

@The rest of users in this Wiki who didn't voted We are waiting you, apparently.

I can't really say who would win. For now, Supes haves the AP and probably the resistance to mindhax as per Matthew, but Luke also has stuff that can lend him the win like attacking the organs. The same can also be said of Supes with his laser eyes-lobotomy. Supes might have the advantage because of that, but is only a matter of time before Luke gets a calc that upgrades him and becomes stronger, so...

I think to come to a definitive answer, we'll have to analyze fighting styles. But I'm not knowledgable enough on Supes to call on it. So for now, I will go with Inconclusive.

Honestly, I'm voting inconclusive for this. I've already more or less outlined all of my reasons for why.

I like how I keep counting votes with my cell phone. Can we add this as inconclusive now?

Voting for Superman.

Superman's resistance to mindhax should grant him the win. He's consistently shown to be able to resist strong telepaths. Luke on the other hand would get easily beaten if his mindhax doesn't work for even just a few moments.

Actually, you need an at least 3 vote gap for someone to win, and Superman has 4 votes over Luke.

5 now that I'm here.

Back