• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Legends Luke Skywalker vs Post-Crisis Martian Manhunter

Synopsis: Luke Skywalker got lost as he suddenly drops into the Detective Comics Universe meeting a member of the Justice League.

Luke Skywalker: Who are you?

Martian Manhunter: Come down my son.

Luke Skywalker: NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOO!!!

Fight!

4752765-4873037432-luke-

vs.

Martian-Manhunter-DC-Comics-JSA

Rules:

1. This is Luke Skywalker at his strongest from Star Wars without any injuries; whereas this is Martian Manhunter at his strongest from Detective Comics without any injuries.

2. Luke Skywalker in prime, is Legends, wields Shoto Lightsaber & Blaster Pistol, uses Force, has Comlink, wears Utility Belt, and has Cybernetics.

3. Martian Manhunter in prime, is Post-Crisis, has Divine Enpowerment, absorbs Matter, Adapts & Bio-Fused to limit, transforms into True Form, and wields Kuru Pendant.

4. 1-on-1 death battle.

5. No interference or holding back allowed.

1200px-OSIRIS Mars true color

Anywhere in Mars.

Jedi: 0

Martian: 0

Inconclusive: 0

Note: Speed is equalized to prevent any forms of speedblitzes.

Whoa, what he get banned for?

Also, IIRC, isn't MMH like planetary in Mind Hax while this version of Luke is Galaxy-wide?

@C2 An idiot who sends death threats to people

Luke is galaxy wide yes

MMH IDK

@Bruce MMH got his mind stuff downgraded since then.

Schnee One said:
@C2 An idiot who sends death threats to people
Luke is galaxy wide yes

MMH IDK

@Bruce MMH got his mind stuff downgraded since then.
I've yet to see any evidence for galaxy wide mind-hax for Force users, though I do recall the recent Justice League issues said Martian Manhunter could cast his thoughts out between planck times.

Is there a name for that specific relic, so people can ascertain why this should be scaled to the likes of Palpatine or Luke, although the power potentially lies in the artifact itself?

EDIT: Never mind, but I can only comment on how circumstantial this appears to be. It's dependent on the grief, fear and despair of others to power it, and the helm was explicitly designed to function in that manner. I don't know if it matters how godly powerful Luke and Palpatine are interpreted as in Legends, I have doubts you can just apply something with an explicity made purpose to them.

Every single person within existence has Grief, Fear and Despair unless you are either completely emotionless or a robot.

Schnee One said:
Every single person within existence has Grief, Fear and Despair unless you are either completely emotionless or a robot.
The point is going clear over your head. There has to be a group of people who are feeling any of those emotions at a specific moment at the same location you use the relic, based on what I saw.

Just the change from negative emotions to postive emotions were enough to overload the relic and kill its wielder.

Context is important, especially with powers shown to be situational.

Back