• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Reppuzan said:
@Theglassman and Keeweed
He can try. Even Manchester Black needed several minutes of monologging to distract Superman while doing so, comparing his capillaries to tubes of concrete.
You're telling me that THIS takes a few minutes to do? And remember, this is Episode 6 Luke, so imagine how potent he can use this in his Dark Empire version.

@Glassman

Superman took hax from multiple higher-dimensional entities in the past.

Even a casual Mxyzptlk gives the middle finger to reality, physics, and logic. When Superman fought Mxyztplk's powers, Mxyzptlk was hellbent on erasing him from existence by any means necessary, including making Superman relive all of his deaths.

All of these failed.

A simple Force choke isn't doing jack.

Wouldn't that be an outlier since it was a 5th dimensional failing to kill a 3rd dimensional being?

Even resisting casual Myx is extremely impressive. I'm pretty sure if anyone can resist Luke's Mind Hax, it's Superman. He also easily shrugs off his SAMM, and one-shots him.

To be fair, resisting a guy who is at the top tier of High 2-A "casually" trying to kill you is still some pretty good hax resistance.

However, it's null and void just by the fact that Mxy has easily shown that he can bypass Superman's abilties and powers without even trying. He can easily kill Superman if he wanted too, and has shown that on multiple occasions. He just doesn't because he loves Superman and sees him as his ultimate challenge, so even when he wants him dead... he's still not gonna kill him.

Also Plot Armor.

@Jared

Mxyzptlk was actively trying to kill Superman in that scene and made him relive several of his deaths. So that argument is null and void.

Context is important you know.

Wouldn't it be an outlier then considering he for some reason failed that time but not any other time?

Even then, it's probably at best an Outlier, because Mxy has shown the ability to not only turn off Superman's powers, but also kill him several times over if he so pleased. It's very inconsistent, especially considering that Mxy has done it casually on more than one occasio

So at best it's just a plot device, or Mxy still wasn't taking it that seriously (not even mentioning WF, because of dubious canon, where Mxy kills BILLIONS of Supermen with no trouble)

So yeah, even in context, it doesn't make sense.

I guess i'll Vote for Luke, seems like the only mind resistance that was close to being good enough is an outlier so luke does what he does best.

This thread is a mess and Luke has 7 votes again. What should we do, Matt?

I would like to see what options we have first, a new argument could come out.

Is Superman survive Mxy an outlier or not because a 5th dimensional being failing to kill a third dimensional being he had already killed before seems like an outlier.

"Gaining resistances from higher dimensional beings is pretty common, Digimon does it all the time" (or something like that) The real cal howard

But Mxy has killed or defeated Superman over and over again and Mxy has been stated to be stronger than Superman on multiple occasions.

Eficiente said:
It doesn't matter I believe.
Why not? I think that's a textbook example of writers not knowing how strong a character is supposed to be (isn't there an entire page on why powerscaling for dc is terrible).

Really? Even for a 5th Dimensional being that has stomped Superman on nearly every occasion but that one time when it was for the sake of a nice plot.

I understand your points but this doesn't seem to be the case.

I mean I not that against it I just find it weird that they give Superman that resistance when DC is usually pretty good at understand the power gap between dimensions, but if it's not an outlier I guess i'll vote Superman.

I've actually looked into it more, and Superman has shown mental resistance to people like Dominus as well, who is also pretty high up there on Multiversal+ of strength, and Superman has shown to be able to resist his mind games pretty consistently.

He's also been stated to have been able to resist mind games from people like Darkseid and Brainiac

So i'm actually kinda torn, and i think that he may have the ability to resist someone like Luke's mind hax if put in the right state. So i think i might change my vote to Superman for now, as outside of mind manipulation and matter manipulation Superman is superior in most other ways.

Jared1111 said:
He's also been stated to have been able to resist mind games from people like Darkseid and Brainiac
That looks like pre-crisis artwork, isn't that pre-crisis superman? If so, not valid considering post crisis superman.

Edit: IDK anything about superman.

Edit 2: Retracting my vote. I am going to think about this some more.

Back