• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DCAU - Superman Revisions

Oh, sorry, I thought you were referring to the meteor.

As for the volcano, I still strongly disagree with the assessment that Doomsday somehow took all of it, but that's apparently been accepted already.

Request a recalculation if you want.

I know just figured I mention it because it's an extremely casual feat by someone whos certainly on the lower end of the Tier 7s stat wise.

Hold on, so I rechecked the calculations. If the current calc for Superman is still deemed as valid, then Superman's Lifting Strength would actually be class G. The meteor weighed 1,478,251 Tons according to the calculation, and Superman was able to lift and direct the full thing, though it broke apart before we see whether or not it could fully overcome him. He could still lift it.

put all the agreed upon additions and new calcs together just so they can check through stuff easier if you haven't already

Also Superman should definitely have the dura negation since Justice Lord Superman can do it and has done it to lobotomize criminals and doomsday in his universe. Regular Supes even tried it on Doomsday but it didn't work since he adapted from Justice Lord doing it

Want to bring this up but anything we give supes here P&A wise, would that also carry over to his lord counterpart, A.M.A.Z.O., and Luthoriac?

Probably not Luthoriac, but I don't see why it wouldn't drag over to them too. Maybe Supergirl as well, since they share a powerset.

I'd say no since Supergirl is inexperienced and hasn't demonstrated them, a possibly section of abilities could be fine though

I'd say JLU Supergirl should be likely to have some of these powers, like Superman she has had years to mature, and even John says that there's nothing else he can teach her. Imo a possibility would be likely and fair.

While we are waiting for the Meteor Calcs to be reviewed, would anyone like to support or be against any of the suggested addons for powers or resistances?

Actually I'm starting to think Superman doesn't have dura negation but instead really potent heat for his heat vision, Doomsday said his skin can survive a nuclear bomb and we clearly see that Superman burns through his skin rather than doing an x ray heat vision cut

It seems like when Heat Vision is used in that specific way its Dura Negging, since Superman doesn't melt through anyone else using HV unless he's targeting the brain specifically. Doomsday was pretty much as strong if not slightly stronger through the majority of the fight, and Supermans heat Vision couldn't melt through Amazo, so I'm not sure.

It seems like when Heat Vision is used in that specific way its Dura Negging, since Superman doesn't melt through anyone else using HV unless he's targeting the brain specifically. Doomsday was pretty much as strong if not slightly stronger through the majority of the fight, and Supermans heat Vision couldn't melt through Amazo, so I'm not sure.
I think Superman can just control how hot his heat vision is, makes sense with him holding back most of the time.

Not really? If you wanna argue Color I can argue animation differences, and well yeah there's no doubt, but in the way I see it the show treats it like an ultimate dura negating move.

There is such as thing as durability reduction rather than negation.

Back