• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DCAU - Superman Revisions

Not really? If you wanna argue Color I can argue animation differences, and well yeah there's no doubt, but in the way I see it the show treats it like an ultimate dura negating move.
Yeah the color was the normal red in the other scan lol.

Personally I think we should get a heat value for his regular casual heat vision (there should be plenty of stuff in STAS and the JL series') and then we have its potency up to nuclear levels of heat at maximum from Doomsday's statement.

I still think the ability is treated like durability negation, honestly. Though I guess to be fair, Superman doesn't use Heat Vision enough in his fights for us to really compare.

I still think the ability is treated like durability negation, honestly. Though I guess to be fair, Superman doesn't use Heat Vision enough in his fights for us to really compare.
It's used to negate durability but its done through heat, could it also qualify for acupuncture since it also successfully lobotomizes them? Or whatever power lobotomizing someone is

It's used to negate durability but its done through heat, could it also qualify for acupuncture since it also successfully lobotomizes them? Or whatever power lobotomizing someone is
What is your suggestion then? Add it as Dura Negation but put a note next to it?

What is your suggestion then? Add it as Dura Negation but put a note next to it?
I'd say have it be listed that Superman can change the heat of his heat vision above nuclear levels of heat assuming Doomsday stating he can survive a nuclear bomb is accurate (which it should be considering he survived the island level calc someone did). Don't think its outright dura negation since we see him melt through him rather than just attacking the organ directly.

You did say it's used to negate durability to an extent though, whether or not it's through heat, it's still durability negation, except that it can just be countered by resistance to Heat Manipulation. Same with Vergil, for example. He can negate dura through Yamato's spatial manipulation, if you resist spatial manipulation, you can resist getting cut to ribbon's by the Yamato.

I feel like using that mass and giving it average meteor speeds might be fine. Not sure why that isn't part of the calc.

You did say it's used to negate durability to an extent though, whether or not it's through heat, it's still durability negation, except that it can just be countered by resistance to Heat Manipulation. Same with Vergil, for example. He can negate dura through Yamato's spatial manipulation, if you resist spatial manipulation, you can resist getting cut to ribbon's by the Yamato.
That works

Shouldn't Captain Atom and Shazam be there since they both fought Superman?
Shazam sure, but Captain Atom specifically used red sun radiation against Superman and still got wasted. He also got easily beaten by Flash. He shouldn't scale.

Still in question:
Resistance to electricity manipulation.
Able to withstand Captain Marvel's lightning. (Lightning/Electricity Manipulation, also note this was Magic so it's even more impressive.)
Shrugs off electricity-induced blows from Mantis (Lightning Manipulation)
Durability Negation. (Shows that just like Justice Lords Superman, Main-Earth Supes COULD have done it, if Doomsday wasn't immune to it.)
Thunder Clap. (Not sure if we can apply this to young Superman, but we'll come back to Superman Beyond.)
Resistance to Ice Manipulation, another example.
Resistance to Mind Manipulation.
Potential resistance to Hellfire Manipulation. (Even as a child, Hellfire only dazed him, though granted said Demon was also very young.)
Self Sustenance (Type 1). (Multiple examples, would also warrant Resistance Extreme Temperatures and Cosmic Radations.)

Accepted:
Unaffected by lava/magma.
Unaffected by fire.
More resistance to immense heat.
Continent level. (1.7 Petatons)
Most of this seems fine, unsure on thunder clap, no on tanking Captain Marvel's lightning. He was visibly injured by it, though a resistance to Electricity otherwise should be fine. Resistance to Ice Manipulation would also apply to Flash. Superman also resisted the Black Mercy (the plant that Mongul used on him), as did Batman though you could argue this is to a lesser extent as Wonder Woman was trying to pull it off too.

Should the dura negation be listed that it's done through heat manipulation? Superman does hold back so it's very likely that he has different potencies for his heat vision.

The dura negation is just Superman targeting Doomsday's brain, no? I wouldn't say that's related to his heat vision potency.

It'd also be weird to scale everyone who's survived Supes heat vision above Doomsday's resistance, and regular Superman only tried it as a last resort when he was in serious danger and desperate

Shazam sure, but Captain Atom specifically used red sun radiation against Superman and still got wasted. He also got easily beaten by Flash. He shouldn't scale.

Most of this seems fine, unsure on thunder clap, no on tanking Captain Marvel's lightning. He was visibly injured by it, though a resistance to Electricity otherwise should be fine. Resistance to Ice Manipulation would also apply to Flash. Superman also resisted the Black Mercy (the plant that Mongul used on him), as did Batman though you could argue this is to a lesser extent as Wonder Woman was trying to pull it off too.
Superman shouldn't scale to the Black Mercy, at least not to a point where it was combat applicable. That required outside help too, he already has some Mind Manipulation resistance against Grodd, so that's covered either way.

Superman shouldn't scale to the Black Mercy, at least not to a point where it was combat applicable. That required outside help too, he already has some Mind Manipulation resistance against Grodd, so that's covered either way.
Batman needed Superman to "fight it" in order to take the Black Mercy off. I think it should be some degree of resistance. Grodd feat is probably better though.

I think it's fine to just give it to BB Supes
Should we make a key for BB Supes? He was able to lift a Skyscraper, and he's faster than Mach 3. Probably weaker than his younger self though, we have not much to go off of except that he died when the watchtower exploded.

Alright. Well is there anything else to do here? We should probably hold off on adding a BB Profile due to a lack of information.
Can the current additions be applied?

Back