• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Okay I was planning to do this match for a good number of days, but since the Sonic revision was happening I was holding off on it. Now that it's over and the Sonic cast are now 5-Bs, I can do this match without getting in the Sonic group's way who were participating in that revision.

-Super Sonic vs Angel Arm Ban

-Standard Battle Assumptions.

-Speed is equalized.

Hedgehog:

Angel:

Inconclusive:

So ugh quick analysis:

>Angel Arm Ban

>Speed Equal

>Sonic doesn't resist Jagan

Yeah Angel Arm makes ban faster, Ban activates Jagan faster than usual, Sonic believes he is now a lifeless cube. Ban takes this thanks to Angel Arm making him activate faster. If you make this base ban, we'd have to see, im not sure. Jagan would still work the same, but Ban wouldn't activate first in speed equal.

Sonic is immeasurable compared to Ban's FTL.

Slower characters aren't allowed to beat a faster character by speed amping.

Sonic can just clap him when he's massively above baseline 2-A.

Yeah it's equalized but Earl is saying that Ban could become faster with Angel Arm, and what I'm saying is that the slower character is not allowed to outpace the faster character (especially one that's infinitely faster) under any circumstances.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Yeah it's equalized but Earl is saying that Ban could become faster with Angel Arm, and what I'm saying is that the slower character is not allowed to outpace the faster character (especially one that's infinitely faster) under any circumstances.
What are you talking about? The OP literally stated that speed was equalized for this matchup.

Firephoenixearl said:
So ugh quick analysis:
>Angel Arm Ban

>Speed Equal

>Sonic doesn't resist Jagan

Yeah Angel Arm makes ban faster, Ban activates Jagan faster than usual, Sonic believes he is now a lifeless cube. Ban takes this thanks to Angel Arm making him activate faster. If you make this base ban, we'd have to see, im not sure. Jagan would still work the same, but Ban wouldn't activate first in speed equal.
What's in bolded. In speed equalized matches the natually slower character isn't allowed to get a speed advantage.

EmperorDoom25 said:
Earl never said that Ban would speed blitz, just that he would get a speed advantage
Because a speed advantage can allow you to blitz someone, which isn't allowed for the slower character.

Yeah and why isn't the slower character allowed to blitz? It's because they gain a speed advantage over a character that's naturally faster than them.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Sonic is immeasurable compared to Ban's FTL.

Slower characters aren't allowed to beat a faster character by speed amping.

Sonic can just clap him when he's massively above baseline 2-A.
I do hope you realize that when the OP says "Speed Equalized" that means they both have the same speed right from the get-go. Like EmperorDoom25 stated earlier, speed amps are still allowed as long as they are not enough to blitz.

As for Archie Sonic being insanely above baseline, that's flawed because:

1) The Chaos Emeralds are objectively lesser than The Master Emerald.

2) Fusing several chaos emeralds doesn't suddenly make it above baseline. The quantity of a power source doesn't work like that as it's like saying Asriel is above baseline 2-B because he has 7 souls and Frisk's one soul can harm a 2-B character.

@Wish888

1) I've been a member here for a while, I know how speed equalized works. The rule is there because the slower character isn't allowed to use speed amps to become faster than the faster character.

2) More emeralds = more power. Plus Asriel's 2-B comes from being immensely stronger than another 2-B.

@Wish Ah, it's you from Neo's server. Well, I'm going to establish this right away for both sides. I won't tolerate any disrespect and name calling. I know Neo has beef with Shadow, but leave that out the door and debate with respect and courtesy thank you.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
@Wish888

1) I've been a member here for a while, I know how speed equalized works. The rule is there because the slower character isn't allowed to use speed amps to become faster than the faster character.

2) More emeralds = more power. Plus Asriel's 2-B comes from being immensely stronger than another 2-B.
I'm sorry but what? When the hell has this been a thing? Speed Equalized is literally supposed to make things fairer for the slower character, why would they not be allowed to use speed amps while faster characters can? Show me where in the rules it says this or I'm calling bullshit.

Saying that a character cannot blitz therefore they can't gain a speed advantage period is Insane Troll Logic to the Nth degree. It's like saying that you aren't allowed to stat amp because you could one-shot. It's illogical.

@Wright. He's right though. I'm not 100% certainits a rule but it is heavily looked down upon. A character winning via speed blitz despite their opponent being for example billions of times faster all because speed equalized is not cool.

Anyway, the match at hand.

While I'm personally under the opinion that base game Sonic should be enough here due to how the past repeats itself, how Ban's profile is now and probably will stay, he destroys.

The real cal howard said:
@Wright. He's right though. I'm not 100% certainits a rule but it is heavily looked down upon. A character winning via speed blitz despite their opponent being for example billions of times faster all because speed equalized is not cool.

Anyway, the match at hand.

While I'm personally under the opinion that base game Sonic should be enough here due to how the past repeats itself, how Ban's profile is now and probably will stay, he destroys.
>via speed blitz

>said amp isn't enough to blitz

Again. What?

Characters who would be slower in unequal speed aren't allowed to win via a speed amp, pretty sure

Wokistan said:
Characters who would be slower in unequal speed aren't allowed to win via a speed amp, pretty sure
Why? Weaker characters are allowed to win with stat amps. It just seems pointless. The entire point is to give the slower character a fair shot, it undermines the point if you take away an otherwise valid win condition. (Assuming it's not a blitz)

An advantage they got via a speed amp. Which would be a perfectly legit tactic for the opposition but not them for some reason.

But whatever, we're derailing and this coukd use its own thread. I'll wait for arguments.

Because that results in "slower character wins via being faster" and that is dumb. You can't really equalize AP, and if the amp would be relevant even if speed was unequal, just unequalize the speed.

Back