• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Paper Mario Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of characters also die when crushed. See the 2D games. Hell, if it wasn't lethal or anything nothing would prevent him from just moving or wrecking the stuff pinning him, given that he had better LS feats in the same game.

He isn't being crushed to like an atom thick or something. Mario and Luigi still tiny, no real reason they can't move. People can die without all their flesh instantly necrotizing, and given that the game doesn't exactly have time constraints...

Also, when you lose fights you specifically must use retry clocks to not get a game over (and as such death). I'd think bowser wouldn't need to turn back time if he could just revive instantly and this was a thing applicable to the entire series as opposed to a joke/paper exclusive.

That's probably just an inconsistency with game mechanics and plot. I'm not arguing for the infinite lives things being legit, I'm just saying those are very faulty ways of refuting the idea. Also, comparing Mario and Bowser to fodder goombas is a terrible idea.

And the existence of this inconsistency across games is why we shouldn't use this.

"Also, comparing Mario and Bowser to fodder goombas is a terrible idea."

When did I even do this though

Only issues I still have are infinite lives, x256 amp (though this seems rejected) and this "How do we know all the Low 2-C feats delete the mirror alongside the one explicitly being erased?". If the third one was already addressed repost plz

The former I still under debate, the middle has been rejected (well, accepted but it's useless in combat), and the latter while it has been rejected it does double the power for the 2-Bs.

Alright. I'll just review each individual thing.

Spacial Manipulation: Yes, but it should be noted that Mario never uses it in character like 99% of his other hax

BFR: Agree again, but also not in character for the main cast

Pixls: I agree, though Sonic having the wisps makes more sense as standard as opposed to optional equipment since he gets them in more then one game (For some reason). Probably should be in Optional Equipment and not Standard.

Bleck's Dura: Yes

Items: Yes

Resistance to EE: Peach was likely protected by something when she was there since she was a necessary part of the plan. Same with Luigi. For when the stormed the castle itself, the Pure Hearts probably protected them. But, all this is meaningless in the face of just ignoring the void destroying a universe. However, this seems like a massive outlier since it also implies Low 2-C durability for Mario and Co.

Minor Mind Manip. Resistance: Yes

Statistics Amplification: Yes

Adaptation: That was just for the sake of a joke and an oversight on Dimentio's part. Otherwise Luigi would have gained Reality Warping in King Boo's dimension. And no, this does not mean King Boo has resistance to adaptation. This means nobody has it.

4th Wall Breaking: Probably should have had this before this CRT

Ressurection: No. The extra lives thing in the underwear is just 4th Wall Breaking. The fact that they explicitly call it "Game Over" should be an easy tell of that. 1UP mushrooms in canon, as shown in M&L, only can heal from knockout blows.

Stamina: Yes

AP Boost: Sure

Dimentio's AP: Yes

The Smashor said:
[...] Peach was likely protected by something [...]
Are you talking about the destruction of the world in Chapter 6? If yes, the game stated that they survived. If you want to call it an outlier, okay, but there's no basis to say they were protected by something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4MS6e-aXos&feature=youtu.be&t=108

The destruction of an entire world was a great and terrible tragedy. But Mario and his allies had survived the cataclysm and found another Pure Heart.

Yeah, the destruction of Sammer Kingdom is indeed a Low 2-C durability feat, but it is a massive outlier that shouldn't be used. As only Bleck and Dimentio should inherently be that strong without Pure Hearts.

@Key

I don't mean Chapter 6. I mean her being in Castle Bleck before getting the Pure Hearts.

@Cal

As for Mario getting resurrection from quotes in the Underwear, a few more things to disprove it. If characters just got resurrection by having game mechanics acknowledge by 4th wall breaks, so many characters would get ressurection from extra lives.

Gunvolt (Characters talk about checkpoints)

Mega Man (Classic) (Extra lives can be sold in shops and are acknowledged in them)

Kirby (Character) (Oh look he's fine in the Game Over cutscene)

Pit (He died so much they named the HosPITal after him)

This instance is no different from these. Their merely a 4th wall break. They have no true impact on the story. Just because they say it in the middle of the game and not the beginning changes nothing.

Excuse me, DDM. Since, I have already given my thoughts on the matter, I believe you can add the changes to all the profiles necessary. Just barring Existence Erasure, of course. Also, I believe it would be better to include Resurrection for Bowser's ability to transform into Dry Bowser and back in MP10. Not for the lives system.

Gunvolt. Checkpoints. Not even close to the same thing.

Mega Man. Exclusivity to shops. Not mentioned in the plot while you're in hell.

Kirby. Never canonically lost. Again, not the same.

Pit. Canonically is capable of dying. Palutena resurrects him like the goddess she is.

I'm a bit tired at the moment, but maybe Cal can add the changes that you accepted.

@Cal, was one of them something to do with that sea with all those hands in the Underwhere? Because the Dimentio's blast, Sammer Guy Kingdom destruction, and Peach being in the castle were not legit for existence erasure resistance. But if there's another example other than those, it might work.

Yes. I never brought up Dimentio's blast but Sammer's Kingdom and Peach in the castle are totally feats of EE resistance.

Peach was a fundematal part of the villain's plot. That's not EE resistance. That's the villains protecting her. Even if this is not the calse, it would apply to Peach and only Peach since she's the only one with the feat.

Sammer Kingdom is a Low 2-C durability feat. As such, the entire feat is an outlier, even the EE resistance part, since everything was deciding to be inconsistant at the time.

Also, Dimentio's blast? Wat?

@Smashor, Dimentio sending the party to the afterlife; I wouldn't call in a EE resistance feat, but rather Dimentio simply sparing their lives. And Dino said the Peach thing is resistance to Void Manipulation, not EE. And yeah, tanking Sammer Kingdom shouldn't be used because people are going to argue that everyone's Low 2-C if we used that.

Void and EE are essentially the same thing but former can include more stuff so it's more semantics

Not really, there are differences. EE may be a sub power of Void Manipulation in a general consensus but still different. Void Manipulation could be as simple as having the ability to teleport to a Void or travel in a Void with nothing attack oriented. EE is specifically erasing someone from existence. Whether it be erasing someone's body, mind, and soul, or erasing someone from the pages of history.

It can be weaker or more powerful. Voids can sometimes just be fancy words. An endless white room is sometimes called a "void", for example.

@Cal

That dosn't change that it's literally just 4th wall breaks. We never see Mario get brought back to life. Death is considered a genine threat several times in SPM. If 1UPs existed there's no reason for that. Well, they do exist, but they don't ressurect.

Heck, 1up Mushrooms don't even APPEAR in SPM.

When you die and come back nobody seems to notice. Even the characters themselves. It just seems unlikely.

However, Life Shrooms are resurrection that activates upon death. It leaves Mario at less then his full health, but life shrooms are very easy to accept as resurrection since that's literally what they do. However, they are certainly optional equipment, only appearing in a side series. Not to mention Mario isn't going to be realistically carrying 99 of them. Mario also isn't going to be realistically carrying 99 1up mushrooms without prep.

I suppose your points make sense, Cal, but without prep, Mario would only have 3 revives.

Teleporting into a location or moving in a location isn't exactly manipulation of that location

Infinite lives is my only issue. You can get a lot of 1 ups and use the rpg gear that makes you pop one instantly when dead, but that's optional equipment anyways.

RPG items and such would be optional equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back