• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Meat Boy Profiles

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
Anybody here willing to help out with character profiles for the Indie Game "Super Meat Boy"? It's a fairly popular game so I think it deserves to be represented on this wiki.

I'd appreciate feedback from anyone who has played the game. Even those who haven't, it's a very simple game so feel free to leave your thoughts as well, though I'd prefer if you watched this relatively short video first.

I consider myself knowledgeable about this game, and am in the process of drafting up some profiles for the verse, but its generally good to have more than one person for this sort of thing. If you're interested in helping out, just say something here I guess.

Meat Boy can resurect, every death is super meath boy is cannon and this resurection is very fast.

he can dodge rocket laucher missiles, so his speed would be subsonic

and his tier would be 10-C, as he's only slightly larger than squirrels.

It's a bit more complicated than that, I think.

From the hell cutscenes, we know that dead meat boys go to hell, and meat boy even confirms this when he thinks to himself "Meat Boy + Sawblade = Dead Meat Boy". However, it's also strongly implied that the meat boy from the start = the meat boy at the end. So either I'm looking into this way too much or that's some weird hybrid of resurrection and Regenerationn.

Subsonic sounds aight but ima try and see if I can find any other feats too.

I'm not so ok with 10-C, especially since Meat Boy and Bandage Girl can harm one another, and have survived things like being thrown off of tall buildings/factories in the cutscenes. Plus Brownie can take bricks being thrown to his head and falling from the salt factory, and come back to tell the tale. Wall level seems consistent.

I found something for speed: here

Now, for reference, the one that performs the feat is the second slowest character in the game, with only Tofu Boy being slower (Yes, I'll do his profile too). What do you guys think?

Perhaps, though I'd prefer a more solid rating. Wall level for hurting wall level characters (one another) seems fair to me.

Ok, so there's a small chance that after you've beaten a chapter and go back to the levels, Bandage Girl will be Glitch Girl. Presumably, in each chapter, she has created a glitch realm which (see world 2 [The Hospital]'s or I think world 3 [Salt Factory]'s glitch levels) contains a multitude of stars. As soon as you come in physical contact with Glitch Girl, you get immediately sent through a portal to the glitch realm. It's worth noting that, unlike any other type of portal in the game, Meat Boy isn't shown to be capable of briefly resisting the portal's pull.

Btw I did a bit of research, and rocket launcher missiles can reach 295 m/s. Since Meat Boy can dodge them at point-blank range, and the other characters (bar Tofu Boy) scale to him, the cast should get Subsonic+ speed. The Commander Video feat I linked could work as a supporting feat, but I can't see anything quantifiable about it

Well see, before you first touch Glitched Bandage Girl, you can't get to the glitch level from the world map. However, when you do touch Glitched Bandage Girl, you gain access to the glitch level from the world map, implying that by touching Glitch Girl, this glitch level has been created.

I guess it doesn't explicitly state it, so technically it's possible that something else created the level, but that's the one that seems most likely to me.

Alright then.

The first two profiles, Meat Boy and Dr. Fetus, are now up! I'll hold off on the other profiles, but just thought I'd get those two out since they seemed the most complete.

All that's left really though is the bosses + checking things over with the characters currently on the blog.

i have a few problems with the profiles

Meat Boy:

Low-godly regen should be changed, the best level he ever regened from is high-mid

Enhanced senses should be removed, being able to move navigate trough pitch black levels is just skill

His stamina should be changed to high, it's current description would only give him that

Doctor Fetus:

we don't know the yeld of his nuke, so it should be scaled to the weakest nuke

Enhanced sense should be removed, same as Meat Boy

his immortality should be changed to likely

necromancy should be removed, it was neven implied that he controlled Little Horn

Overlord775 said:
He regenerated from his whole body being destroyed, that's Low-Godly

I mean, it's not skill if you would have no clue what's there otherwise.

Not being tired after 106+ hard levels is just high? Besides we don't have a scale for rating stamina anyway.

Dr. Fetus' nuke ravaged a city and a large part of a forest, I don't think the weakest nuke could do that. So I opted for 'consistent' nuke levels.

I actually agree with the immortality + necromancy parts, the latter is my mistake for believing what was put on the meat boy wiki. I'll follow that up.

Low-Godly regen is for total body erasure, he only got blow to pieces

and "hard" levels aren't quantifiable

and even the smallest of nukes can ravage a city and a large part of a forest,

have you ever seen images of post-nuke Hirohima ?

World-war-ii-poll
This is Hiroshima after getting nuked by Little Boy

I'm not just talking about the Dr. Fetus cutscene, I'm talking about how that validates Meat Boy's Regenerationn from stuff like being vaporised in lava and then regenerating after the whole body's been destroyed. The Dr. Fetus cutscene is just proof that Meat Boy's Regenerationn is an actual ability and not just game-mechanics - it certainly isn't his best feat of Regenerationn. It's not like he even regenerates from a body part then.

They are canonically hard. Completing a hard level is more taxing than completing an easy one.

That would be kinda OOC for Meat Boy though. Bandage Girl sits at the end of each level, and I doubt Meat Boy would take a break when his girlfriend's life is on the line.

Even then, Meat Boy completes the longest level of the story (Dr. Fetus boss fight) both going through it and THEN back through it, first time through having to dodge rockets from Dr. Fetus and, going back, having to carry Bandage Girl on his back. 'Average' seems like way too much of a lowball

Back