• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
-Mario is considered MSS

-Zero is a composite between his MMZ and MMX counterpart

-Full arsenals for both, including all power-ups and different armors.

-No Paper feats

-Speed is equalized

Mario Artwork - Super Mario 3D World
Zero Era Z Saber

Well on this thread, OP has stated that mario is considered MSS not MFTL+. Personally, I think it'll help to equalize their speeds to prevent a speed blitz.

Thanks for equalizing speed. Now, as I was saying: I can't remember if Mario has any resistance to Zero's time stop via Dark Hold.

Desiromaster said:
Thanks for equalizing speed. Now, as I was saying: I can't remember if Mario has any resistance to Zero's time stop via Dark Hold.
Looking at his page, it would seem he does not.

Well, time stop along with Zero's higher AP and essentially limitless stamina make me think Zero would take this. For the time being at least.

Mario takes this by having superior strength and being more versatile. While Zero is indeed very powerful (being able to effortlessly cleave through robots with his sword), nothing he has done compares to Mario's feets. Mario is strong enough to push small meteorites out of orbit with a ground pound, punches through brick effortlessly and has survived planetary-level fall with barely a scratch (a feat that once killed Zero). Mario also has accress to the fire, ice and gold flowers (which gives him a long range option and the latter even being able to fully incapacitate Zero with a single use), the star, which makes me impervious to all attacks and a wide variety of healing items and other power-ups which either give him overwhelming advantages or cover up his weaknesses. Mario also has insane stamina, that, while maybe not on par with Zero, still closes the gap enough to not give Zero that much of an advantage.

Zerkerer said:
Mario takes this by having superior strength and being more versatile.
While Zero is indeed very powerful (being able to effortlessly cleave through robots with his sword), nothing he has done compares to Mario's feets. Mario is strong enough to push small meteorites out of orbit with a ground pound, punches through brick effortlessly and has survived planetary-level fall with barely a scratch (a feat that once killed Zero). Mario also has accress to the fire, ice and gold flowers (which gives him a long range option and the latter even being able to fully incapacitate Zero with a single use), the star, which makes me impervious to all attacks and a wide variety of healing items and other power-ups which either give him overwhelming advantages or cover up his weaknesses. Mario also has insane stamina, that, while maybe not on par with Zero, still closes the gap enough to not give Zero that much of an advantage.
Everything you said is irrelevant to zero. Destroying small meteors or surviving planetary busting are ridiculously feat for a solar system level character. And if you're taking mmz end into account that it's just an outlier / plot device. Zero has survived things much worse than that and even classic megaman characters have survived planetary level crashs (duo and evil energy).

Another point is that ice, fire and other element attacks are almost useless against zero, since he has an insane resistance against element attacks.

I Still think mario takes this prety easy, but not because of what you said.

Sure Duo survived a planetary level crash, be he had to be repared by Dr.Light for a few days, while Mario has taken such falls without a single scratch or at worst, got knocked out for an hour or two and while yes, I'll admit that the flowers probably wouldn't work on Zero, you can't tell me the healing power-ups other powers like the cape wouldn't give him a significant advantage. Finally, plot device or not, it's still canonical feats.

also yeh, the examples I gave are rather unimpressive but I think the tier list on this wiki are a little weird. (Mario has multi-solar system level striking power and Zero has solar system level durability? Gimme a break...)

This is a stomp, stop commenting here.

Also @Zerkerer if you have any problem with the ratings in the characters profiles, then do a VER and please don't use ad lapidem.

Zerkerer said:
Sure Duo survived a planetary level crash, be he had to be repared by Dr.Light for a few days, while Mario has taken such falls without a single scratch or at worst, got knocked out for an hour or two and while yes, I'll admit that the flowers probably wouldn't work on Zero, you can't tell me the healing power-ups other powers like the cape wouldn't give him a significant advantage. Finally, plot device or not, it's still canonical feats.
1-dr light did no made any repair on him, he just examined it. And what difference does it make? Zero is infinitely more durable and strong than duo so that his weakest attack would enough to make him in pieces. I'm just saying that planetary crash is nothing for Zero.

2-Again, this is just an outlier and outliers are never taken into account because Outliers do not represent the real power of the character, so they make no difference whether they are canons or not.

3-Zero has country level, planet level and up to solar system level feats. If you disagree then open a thread about it, I'm not going to discuss it here anymore that is not the point of the discussion.

Back