• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maverick_Zero_X

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Mario (Illumination) vs Spider-Man

Cat Mario is used; Speed is equalized

Mario is allowed to use the Super Star

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

Last edited:
not much Mario can really do here, since Miles' Webs, and therefore LS, are Class M, but Mario's doesn't even breach Class 1

that isn't even factoring his innate Spider Sense that'll make it damn near impossible for Mario to really hit him, especially when he's lacking in the range department

this may as well be a flat out stomp bro

Yeahhh, I haven't even watched Across The Spiderverse yet and I have about the same opinion. I think you'd be justified in allowing Mario the Superstar since it's only a temp amp and would make this far less one-sided. To clarify, not start off with Superstar, but have access to it so he can use it when desired.

not much Mario can really do here, since Miles' Webs, and therefore LS, are Class M, but Mario's doesn't even breach Class 1

that isn't even factoring his innate Spider Sense that'll make it damn near impossible for Mario to really hit him, especially when he's lacking in the range department

this may as well be a flat out stomp bro
And that's ignoring that Miles upscales from his feat on top of it, specially with his electricity

Yeahhh, I haven't even watched Across The Spiderverse yet and I have about the same opinion. I think you'd be justified in allowing Mario the Superstar since it's only a temp amp and would make this far less one-sided. To clarify, not start off with Superstar, but have access to it so he can use it when desired.
But then Star Mario would one-shot

Gave him access to it.

Webbing still makes the star useless. No way around that LS.

Webbing still makes the star useless. No way around that LS.
I don't disagree, but I think it's closer now. Assuming that Mario actually gets a speed amp from the Super Star (The description makes it seem that way since it says he blitzes Bowser) + he's significantly more acrobatic. So I think it helps make it less one-sided than if he didn't have it.

I don't think it actually changed anything. A few webs and Mario is immobile regardless of a speed or AP amp.

He doesn't start with the star either.

Mario gets a speed advantage but Miles has still more precise acrobatics alongside precognition so he can still restrain Mario with webs

Also that's all assuming Miles doesn't just clock Mario with the first trade considering Miles upscales from his High 8-C value which is already stronger than Mario's

I don't think it actually changed anything. A few webs and Mario is immobile regardless of a speed or AP amp.

He doesn't start with the star either.
Not starting it was so he'd actually benefit from the amp. Since if he starts with it, speed equalization negs the amp.

I agree with Morales still winning. Just don't think it'll be as easy due to a fairly large speed amp in Mario's favor. That said, it might be good if he had prior knowledge or was blood lusted so he uses the superstar immediately rather than getting restrained before he gets the chance.

I'm pretty sure this is a stomp either way. Miles starts with Class M webs regardless so Mario will always end up getting restrained with no way of getting out.

I think Morales handily wins, I just don't think it's a stomp if Mario starts the match using superstar since he has the win-con of having a blitz level amp + one-shot ap advantage (He prolly should be given prior knowledge or bloodlust so he uses superstar before getting tied up). But Morales as the acrobatic/mobility and incap via web win-con.

I think Morales handily wins, I just don't think it's a stomp if Mario starts the match using superstar since he has the win-con of having a blitz level amp + one-shot ap advantage (He prolly should be given prior knowledge or bloodlust so he uses superstar before getting tied up). But Morales as the acrobatic/mobility and incap via web win-con.
I don't think the "blitz worthy amp" will get past the precognition.

Miles simply precogs and webs him a single time and all of that mobility is gone.

I don't think the "blitz worthy amp" will get past the precognition.

Miles simply precogs and webs him a single time and all of that mobility is gone.
I haven't watched Across the Spiderverse yet, so I'll admit there's a lapse in my knowledge regarding Morales' precog. Has he used it to reliably predict, fight, and dodge attacks from someone who has a blitz worthy amp? And what are its best showings (The only one I saw from spoilers was him dodging attacks from The Spot while using his phone).

Again, not arguing Morales loses, I think he wins handily. But I don't think it's a stomp if Mario uses superstar immediately since he has his own win-cons. It'd just be a decisive win in Morales favor.

Back