• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

At the end of this video, we can see what happens. Impostor Bowser doesn't seem to be able to harm the Star-Powered Team, & after many blows, he's sent flying & ends up laying stomach down on the ground, as if knocked out.

Other footage in the video shows that when someone takes a hit in that mode from Impostor Bowser (When he's wandering. He doesn't seem to be able to do anything when they have Star Power.), they get bubbled, & need someone else to free them.
I wonder if the same applies if a Chargin' Chuck hits someone in that mode?

There's also dialogue warning a player about "being targeted", so that's interesting, too.

Last edited:
brotership please give us a tier 1 feat. I'm on my knees. (It is not happening)

closest we got to tier 1 Mario was 3 years ago and that's probably a range thing but that's just as good enough idc

brotership please give us a tier 1 feat. I'm on my knees. (It is not happening)

closest we got to tier 1 Mario was 3 years ago and that's probably a range thing but that's just as good enough idc
No interest in the new Star Scaling stuff that Jamboree seems to be presenting?

Last edited:
I completely missed that/ what did it give us?
....So, I take it, then, that when I posted Jamboree gameplay preview videos last page AND dedicated 2 posts that each took, like an hour going over the findings from those videos, that you did not see any of it...?

Here are the links to the posts where I post my findings.

Scroll up from the linked posts if you want to see the preview videos.

Alternatively, here are the posts in quoted form:
Cursed Dice are now Creepy Dice.
There's now a version of it that affects ALL YOUR OPPONENTS at once! Super Creepy Dice!
& they're sold for 3 coins & 5 coins respectively at Kamek's shop.

5 coins for an item that limits all your opponents to 1 to 3 on their next roll?!
Did the localizers just not like the term "Cursed" anymore, lol? Did the original Japanese name change?

For some reason, Bowser has a purple, kinda sparkly glow in his Mini-Games. IMHO, though, it looks kinda cool, even if it is weird.
Apparently, this is because Bowser is playable, & the one in the Mini-Games is Impostor Bowser! I wonder if it'll be a disguised fodder? Fodder feats?

There's a supporting reactions feat for the playable fodder in a Mini-Game where you have to drive a vehicle & collect coins & dodge groups of Amps.
Just in case they lack anything better.

The Crane Game from MP4 returns, & is easier for the 1, whereas in 4 it was easier for the 3.

There's a Mode/Mini-Game where Bowser stomps around a town while the players get stuff from crates & load bombs into cannons! I think that's real neat! Big Chargin' Chucks are also present in it.
Bowser's Kaboom Squad it's called, apparently. 8 player co-op. The Bowser in it is Impostor Bowser!
Apparently at the end, the 8 players get Star Power to use Motion Controls to beat up Impostor Bowser? Not clear. No footage, just 1 of the NL players reciting their experience.

There's also some kind of Ally system during the "Home Stretch" (Last 5 Turns?). The game seems to imply Ally's let you do things twice, like buying Stars twice. Allies also have special pre-roll effects, but NL were ain't able to test it.
DK is seemingly a special ally, glowing gold, & having his own Mini-Game. There's also a benefit in it to a player with advantage (Given for initiating the Mini-Game.) to make it easier for them.

Apparently, Allies, or rather, Jamboree Buddies, can be taken by being walked past or something?

Oh & there's also a seemingly board-specific item, the Wiggler Bell, which lets you "Have Mega Wiggler move to the opposite side.". Kinda neat, I guess.
When spining the Bad Luck Wheel/Roulette, the character now appears to face it.

So is it in-universe? Fourth Wall Awareness for seeing the menu?
Also, if you're in last & roll "Give 3 coins to Last Place", you give 3 to 3rd Place instead.

There are multiple shops now -1 run by Kamek/a Magikoopa, & another run by a friendly Koopa Troopa-, & there's a new item called a Shop Hop Box. Guess Toad & Koopa Kid/Baby Bowser were busy.
Does this mean no playable Kamek?

There appears to be an Event/Happening Space where a player rings a bell, which wakes Mega Wiggler, presumably so that MW will move.

Mini-Games, at least for Bonus ones, have the stakes for winning or losing them shown before they start.

Of all things, the game seemed to lag during a reused basketball Minigame from MP4. Huh???

I'm not sure why, but at about 7:30 Ninji's dice block appears to charge with power such before being hit?

Characters have their own specific jingles to indicate when their turn starts!

There's a new item, Payday Double Dice, Double Dice which give coins equal to the roll!

There appears to be some kind of one-time trap space feature that can let a player steal a Star?

Kamek (or a Magikoopa?) seems to be one who summons Impostor Bowser, who comes out of a big portal that Kamek (or a Magikoopa.) makes.

There are playable & enemy Spikes, & Spike can survive being impacted by a downhill rolling spiked log, although it sends Spike tumbling down backwards with invulnerability frames, lol. Sorry. It's just that personally, I think it looks hilarious.

Impostor Bowser seems to emanate Kamek's magic shapes, & when landing in town at the start of Bowser's Kaboom Squad, he displaces several large (Like, at least a couple of meters long pieces of brick/stone.) from around him in a cloud of dust.

Wiggler has a rhythm-based, 8-player marching Mini-Game. 2 out of the 8 players got Perfect, which got a Rank C, which was considered a loss, with the subtitle "No Items". Probably a bonus mode thing.

There's an 8-Player "Look the same way" Mini-Game... & when 1 player (Birdo) got the wrong direction, all of the characters looked dismayed. Very strict, low room for error? Sounds like griefing's gonna be awful for those Mini-Games.

Items include stuff like a Dash Panel to place on the board for everyone to go faster, a Hammer for breaking crates & increasing hit strength, & a 2 hearts item that wasn't hovered over & which not many players chose, nor did the footage check the description of.

Impostor Bowser, after receiving enough damage, releases a Super Star, which gives the 8 players that rainbow glow of invincibility/invulnerability & the associated music for that state.
The players are then prompted to "mash punch", as Impostor Bowser stands several meters away, hunched over, catching his breath.

Impact blows appear on his body, & Impostor Bowser will put his arms up in a guarding stance. Once his guard is broken, he'll breath fire on the group.
Curiously this can happen before a purple timer on screen runs out; Does it mean there's a time limit to break his guard?

Sadly, the video stops there, before his fire breath hits. Which is an extra painful video stopping point because the implication might be that Impostor Bowser can harm the 8 players granted invincibility by the Star he yielded.
Is it because it's split among 8?

This is gonna be fun for Star Scalers, lol.

Also, do we count their ability to remotely punch as just a censorship thing -It's an all ages game, IIRC, so they probably don't wanna show direct contact punching.- or a new ability of being invincibilly Star Powered?
I even bolded most of the Star-related stuff in the second post....

I completely missed that/ what did it give us?
Apologies -Especially if I've been rude- but I may have also forgotten to quote this in my previous post:

At the end of this video, we can see what happens. Impostor Bowser doesn't seem to be able to harm the Star-Powered Team, & after many blows, he's sent flying & ends up laying stomach down on the ground, as if knocked out.

Other footage in the video shows that when someone takes a hit in that mode from Impostor Bowser (When he's wandering. He doesn't seem to be able to do anything when they have Star Power.), they get bubbled, & need someone else to free them.
I wonder if the same applies if a Chargin' Chuck hits someone in that mode?

There's also dialogue warning a player about "being targeted", so that's interesting, too.

Since it details the effects of the offense with the Stars, it may be valuable.

Last edited:
The purple reticle that appears over characters. This also might prove stars in mario party are super stars opposed to power stars.
Maybe.

Although, Jamboree is also using Bubbling, which a lot of the platformers (NSMB & such, IIRC.) have used for when a character would be defeated in multi-player. (Although this could also be because it probably sucks for the defeated AND the team if someone eliminated is out with no hope & they want the game to be easy.)

Though, this is the same game mode with remote punching, possibly because it's easier to animate & not as violent for censorship rating purposes.

I wonder if being hit by 1 of the enemies, like a Chargin' Chuck has the same enemies, right?
The purple reticle that appears over characters. This also might prove stars in mario party are super stars opposed to power stars.
Nonetheless, Bowser himself is a playable character, right?

If we equate Bubbling to defeat, then that'd suggest that Impostor Bowser with his Star is superior to any of the individual player characters.
While without it, the Star can empower 8 different characters to be comparable/superior to Impostor Bowser without a star, since his fire breath can't harm them (That or the Star's invulnerability provides no-selling-capable durability against things far stronger than they could otherwise take.), & he can only guard, & temporarily at that.

IDK how IB without his Star compares to the individual player characters without a star, though.

Back