• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It would be a bit inconsistent, since Grand Stars in the second game require portals to travel to other Worlds. It's not just pure speed. Even if you subscribe to those Worlds being universes because of the japanese text (I personally do).
Are you saying we shouldn't even use the Observatory feat to start with?

No it's fine. I'm just telling you infinite speed is going to take a LOT of justification for people to buy it.

There's an argument to be made that the Worlds being referred to as universes in Japanese and the main universe containing the Dream Depot means you could possibly have infinite to immeasurable arguments, but this place will likely not accept that.

No it's fine. I'm just telling you infinite speed is going to take a LOT of justification for people to buy it.

There's an argument to be made that the Worlds being referred to as universes in Japanese and the main universe containing the Dream Depot means you could possibly have infinite to immeasurable arguments, but this place will likely not accept that.
Well, as I'm arguing, Earth in Mario is infinite alone because it contains the said infinite world, and as the comet observatory can move past World 1, which contains Earth, all the way to the center of the universe, it should logically have traversed infinite distance. Are you essentially saying that using this argument wouldn't work because it's basically an outlier? If so, then I disagree because for one, there are far more other feats where characters traverse at least out of Earth. Heck, Mario does this every game. So I don't see how can this be inconsistent.

Well, as I'm arguing, Earth in Mario is infinite alone because it contains the said infinite world, and as the comet observatory can move past World 1, which contains Earth, all the way to the center of the universe, it should logically have traversed infinite distance. Are you essentially saying that using this argument wouldn't work because it's basically an outlier? If so, then I disagree because for one, there are far more other feats where characters traverse at least out of Earth. Heck, Mario does this every game. So I don't see how can this be inconsistent.
Earth is NOT infinite. It's some other dimension or whatever. Earth being infinite is definitely not the case. We've seen the planet many times.

Earth is NOT infinite. It's some other dimension or whatever. Earth being infinite is definitely not the case. We've seen the planet many times.
If that's the case, then why does Earth contain the Ancient Kingdom, which has the realm with an infinite population of ghosts. This, which was accepted. Planets can be infinite in size, but appear to be finite. For instance, we know the Macrocosm in DB is infinite, yet it appears finite.

Tbf that's one instance early on. If there was a feat much later I think we could just say they grew in strength and speed.

Weirdly it's infinite even if you have enough power stars in DS because Bowser wants to only fight Mario.

Also Mario can just BLJ it

Insert a nerd emoji and an "urm ackstuly" here, but the stairs aren't literally endless it's being spatially looped at the bottom (Which is why whenever you turn around you're already back at the base of the stairs instead of having to walk the same distance you ran up them)

Insert a nerd emoji and an "urm ackstuly" here, but the stairs aren't literally endless it's being spatially looped at the bottom (Which is why whenever you turn around you're already back at the base of the stairs instead of having to walk the same distance you ran up them)
Nah, Nintendo actually inserted an Infinite amount of information inside SM64´s cartridge, trust me

What did mario become infinitely slower between being a baby and mario 64? Honestly I am tempted to try getting rid of sonic's accelerated development since his younger self was able to fight side by side with him.

Do we call it spatially looping, though?
The warp is there as a developer trick, I'm not sure of much in-universe that suggests the warping is canon.

Do we call it spatially looping, though?
The warp is there as a developer trick, I'm not sure of much in-universe that suggests the warping is canon.
By we do you mean the wiki itself? If so, yeah we do call it spatial looping on his profile.

Sure the warp is a developer trick, but nothing in universe suggest Bowser straight up made the staircase literally infinite in length either so all we got to work with is how it works in game which is Mario just looping at the bottom of the stairs. Sure the game says they're endless, but they also specifically put quotations around the word endless when describing it which makes it seem even in universe it's not meant to be literal.

By we do you mean the wiki itself? If so, yeah we do call it spatial looping on his profile.
Sorry if you minded my phrasing.
Sure the warp is a developer trick, but nothing in universe suggest Bowser straight up made the staircase literally infinite in length either so all we got to work with is how it works in game which is Mario just looping at the bottom of the stairs. Sure the game says they're endless, but they also specifically put quotations around the word endless when describing it which makes it seem even in universe it's not meant to be literal.
Surprising that there'd be quotes, but I don't remember for sure, so I'll tentatively trust that.
Though I'd think the simpler explanation -That they're actually endless- was the intended one.

Still, thanks!

Named individuals for each species.
Well, there's that minion trio from the Mario & Luigi series.
Though characters like The Goomba King, The Koopa Bros (Well okay, not stronger than Bowser.) & General Guy may contest that.

I'm not sure which of Kammy Koopa or Kamek are stronger.

Is there any Bob-Omb stronger than King Bob-Omb? Is there a singular King, considering he's exploded on some occasions?

Other bosses & such enemies are of interest. Some Mario Party Minigames focus on boss battles, for example.

There's also the question of who's in his army; What of the enemies in planets/galaxies in the Super Mario Galaxy series?

Just off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Does king bob-omb survive his self destructs? He died in 64 but appears in golf super rush and even paper jam, what gives? Low godly regen?!? /j.

Back