• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
"Paper Mario = Main Mario/Paper Mario ins´t from the main canon" Discussions be like:

8difvr.jpg

The Peach game looks really sweet- not exactly up my alley but it's nice it's being made. Looks like she'll get way more P&A from it too

Do we know anything about the storyline? I hope it's not just Bowser as the villain again.

The Peach game looks really sweet- not exactly up my alley but it's nice it's being made. Looks like she'll get way more P&A from it too

Do we know anything about the storyline? I hope it's not just Bowser as the villain again.
She faces a new villain Grape, who takes over Sparkle Theater.

800px-PPS_Grape_Artwork.png

It still sounds kinda like Bowser plot and you even have another floating assistant star thingie helping you too.

I'm not a fan of assuming that Tatanga's entire trip was made in half a minute. "Appear" denotes becoming visible, so it's entirely possible that Tatanga was flying slower, and only got close enough to the planet to be noticed at the very end of the trip.

I'm not a fan of assuming that Tatanga's entire trip was made in half a minute. "Appear" denotes becoming visible, so it's entirely possible that Tatanga was flying slower, and only got close enough to the planet to be noticed at the very end of the trip.
Fine, I'll just assume different time frames.

Fine, I'll just assume different time frames.
I mean, the same argument would apply with any time frame. I'd personally change the distance to whatever the distance that the naked eye can see is. As for what that is... I dunno.

By the way, you're not supposed to add the verse category to a calculation until it has been approved.

that's not even a real upgrade
It's absolutely a real upgrade, makes it easier for Mario characters to beat the shit out of Vaati

btw was just wondering, has anyone made a list of how big Bowser is in each game (Not counting sports or racing since that'll make it way to many)? Wanted to know if Bowser at just normal size is consistently big enough for type 0 large size.

Yeah damn, 6 meters for his height in odyssey is crazy. Never really noticed just how much bigger than Mario he is in that game besides the ending cutscene where he shrinks down to like, 6 feet all of a sudden

interesting how odyssey's the tallest he's ever been (disregarding size manip)
Yeah damn, 6 meters for his height in odyssey is crazy. Never really noticed just how much bigger than Mario he is in that game besides the ending cutscene where he shrinks down to like, 6 feet all of a sudden
Yeah, I was gonna leave the Odyssey height out since I believed it was mostly inconsistent with the others, but then I was urged by Flashlight to put it in.

Anyway, I do plan on making a calculation going over the potential size of Bowser in his giant form throughout the games as well, and I've also been thinking about doing the heights of all the other characters.

When the 60% amp isn't a real upgrade because it didn't pass an arbitrary threshold.
Here's the thing...

I don't completely disagree with the downgrade of the Super Mario Bros to 6-C, but at the same time I don't fully agree with it, either. While I do think it'd be more accurate to treat and scale the characters in their base forms at a tier without some of the most powerful artifacts, I also don't believe we shouldn't scale them to things like the Power Stars in their base since there are a quite a few instances of characters like Mario and Luigi facing off against users with Power Stars without any in their arsenal. Keeping the characters at Tier 6 in base doesn't sound so bad, yet I feel like that's only the tip of the iceberg considering there are plenty of other feats in the franchise worth calculating that would put them all at something a little... higher than that.

I get that logic but the guys using power stars usually scale to Mario with out stars so it leads to 1 Mario = 1 star, 1 Mario = 1 boss and 1 Mario = 1 star + 1 boss. Which is technically an inconsistency that leads to circular scaling.
Fair enough, but I think the argument for something like "6-C, possibly High 4-C" or "Varies from 6-C to High 4-C" could still be made for the Super Mario Bros. I also think this rule should apply to all other verses in fiction if we have a problem scaling characters to certain objects.

Furthermore, I don't believe we should take all the anti-feats that happen in the series too seriously. Like it or not, everything in fiction is bound to have some flaws or leaps in their logic when it comes to powerscaling.

None of these verses are Mario, of course, if you think "these verses" are misclassified on this wiki then do a CRT and change its tiers, it's not too difficult
I honestly don't believe this changes what I said. All I'm saying is there are going to be a lot of verses (more so on the video game side of things) with just as many inconsistences or anti-feats as Mario.

I guess since I'm here, some of the anti-feats in Mario are there because it's just traditional for someone like Bowser to be defeated in a certain way (like falling into lava), not trying to say other anti-feats don't exist, but it's just something I wanted to point out.

I honestly don't believe this changes what I said. All I'm saying is there are going to be a lot of verses (more so on the video game side of things) with just as many inconsistences or anti-feats as Mario.
And? None of these verses are Mario so i don´t see why bring them here

I guess since I'm here, some of the anti-feats in Mario are there because it's just traditional for someone like Bowser to be defeated in a certain way (like falling into lava), not trying to say other anti-feats don't exist, but it's just something I wanted to point out.
It is such a traditional way to show that someone ins´t 3-C tbh

Last edited:
Back