• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Mario Bros. 2-A CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah hold off on any accusations lol, I’m just curious because it doesn’t seem to be a source I’ve seen yet, which means it could just potentially be another resource with potentially more info on this game that is severely under explained lol

Or it could just be an unusable source, who knows.

shocked-meme-shocked-miles-morales.gif

I'm actually baffled as to how or where you found this specific page, genuinely impressed lol, cause I've scoured this website up and down but couldn't find it anywhere. Would you mind telling me where you found this page? If I missed this one I could've missed others which would be good to know.

You should save this on the Wayback Machine. It seems to be something specific and it's a very old page that can be turned off at any time.

And the wiki now has rules about content that cannot be verified.

ユメの世界をまもろう!ストーリー紹介

I'm actually baffled as to how or where you found this specific page, genuinely impressed lol, cause I've scoured this website up and down but couldn't find it anywhere. Would you mind telling me where you found this page? If I missed this one I could've missed others which would be good to know.

It took me a but to get the OG page, but I do plan on archiving this somewhere where anyone can access it.

so uh
now that the source is verified what do we do now
See my first message in this thread. ↓
Your conclusion is very unreliable based on the information being discussed.
  • Ratings from the Tiering System tend to be given when characters output a certain amount of energy from one action. There's no evidence that a single attack from Bowser would've destroyed every dream world in the Dream Depot simultaneously. Any available information suggests the opposite. Most obviously, if Bowser were capable of destroying an infinite multiverse with one attack instead of destroying individual universes, then the process of him performing his plan would've been infinitely faster than what it was proven to be: "Bowser is causing all kinds of trouble again! At this rate, he'll destroy the dream worlds one by one! Will you try to stop him?" ~ Misstar, clearly describing how Bowser didn't demonstrate Multiverse level+ power but was a threat to the Dream Depot nonetheless.
    • Of course, Bowser still had to be able to finish the job over time. This probably means his Range section should include "up to Multiversal+" and/or his Speed section should include "up to Infinite".
  • There's no evidence that Bowser was going to destroy the dream worlds physically, as far as I'm aware. Bowser has easy access to magic, which he uses for non-physical purposes. For example, at the beginning of Yoshi's Story, an "evil spell" from Bowser turned an island into a storybook and the sky into paper. Bowser could've been trying to use a similar "evil spell" during Mario Party 5 to destroy the dream worlds. Bowser was not only trying to destroy dream worlds, but he was trying to replace them with his own and make his dreams come true forever, as he said in the evidence that you presented, indicating that Bowser intended to use magic in some way. Bowser's punches don't have cosmic range, whereas his magic does, so the idea I presented is more reliable than yours.
  • Being the creator of something doesn't necessarily imply physicality scaling to what was created. If there's proof that the Star Spirits created the Dream Depot, then it's evidence that they have Multiverse level+ reality warping and dream manipulation, not evidence that they can punch that hard. Bowser went inside individual dream worlds to cause trouble, so it's a mystery why the Star Spirits didn't stop him with their magic, but perhaps they thought that the playable characters physically dealing with Bowser would've been more efficient, especially since the playable characters are known for being familiar with facing Bowser. Maybe the Star Spirits didn't want to deal with Bowser directly because they didn't want to risk getting hurt by him. Alternatively, maybe Bowser has a resistance to their magic, maybe they refuse to directly interfere with existing dreams, or maybe their magic can't be used offensively at its peak. There's no reason to prioritize the interpretation that Bowser "seems to scale above" the Multiverse level+ magic of the Star Spirits, when the circumstances are mysterious and there are other interpretations that are as likely to have been the case, if not more so.

ユメの世界をまもろう!ストーリー紹介

It took me a but to get the OG page, but I do plan on archiving this somewhere where anyone can access it.
Did you just have to guess the url or something because it doesn't connect at all the original website, or did you just find it while scrolling MP5 JPN search terms? its the only way I could imagine coming across this, and I've done both of those things and couldn't come across this, honestly kinda crazy lmfao 😭

2-A stuff scaling to the base stats of Mario? Yeah no, I don't agree with that.

So, these Nintendo Japanese site links being posted, it’s not a phish attempt right.
The hyperlink text looked a little goofy.

Yeah even with the Star Spirits beings the creators of the Dreams Depot i don't see why Bowser would scale above them, the Star Spirits "don't being able to stop him" doesn't shows that he is physically superior to them

Also: You can't directly create something with destructive power, only through creation or Reality Warping, something that we don't have proof that scales to Bowser

Also: You can't directly create something with destructive power, only through creation or Reality Warping, something that we don't have proof that scales to Bowser
Bowser is directly stated to be remaking the Dream Worlds he ends up destroying, and Bowser certainly scales to that since he'd need to do it on a scale of the entire depot.

So, these Nintendo Japanese site links being posted, it’s not a phish attempt right.
The hyperlink text looked a little goofy.
Yeah it’s not phishing, I think the posts would be dead by now if they were. It’s likely just Japanese characters not be translated correctly.

Characters were comparable to the star spirits in that context.
Not really? Bowser stole the star rod then sealed them away, and are able to steal his power from the rod right back without intervention (unless he’s being amped by a second source, then the other star had to help). Otherwise nobody really like matches or scales to the spirits in any meaningful way.

I don't doubt the feat via the JAP version, but it's definitely an outlier, so unfortunately, I'm going to have to disagree FRA

So I guess the assumption is that the Star Spirits just created an infinite space by default, which should be a 2-A feat due to the macrocosm context.

Can we close this s**t now? No, seriously; like, get this f***ing thread locked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back