• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sunset Shimmer fights a goddamn blue whale

how did I find this, idk.

but damn this is the biggest stomp match I've seen so far. "Both are 9-B+ "???? my ass

From how big a Blue Whale is, I doubt it can concentrate its power onto Sunset Shimmer unlike Sunset herself. Gonna have to go with Sunset Shimmer (and no, Ponk, this isn't a stomp, the Blue Whale has 14 MJ going for it unlike Sunset's 11 MJ; it's just too big to concentrate its AP on one target).

Since you specify that this takes place in a body of water, how good of a swimmer is SS?

The whale's faster, and her attacks would be weakened by water resistance. She'd Also be using up a bunch of stamina just by swimming/staying afloat. And the whale could always dive to get away to somewhere she can't easily follow. Chances are high she runs out of stamina and drowns before she can do much to the whale.

If she's a bad or average swimmer this is probably a stomp for the whale. If she's a really good swimmer she only loses most of the time. If we change the location to a neutral one this match is better.

This match uses the 9-B key. Have you not the slightest clue what a key is and how they work? Because there's a 9-B key right there: http://prntscr.com/o6y84o

OH LMAO I DIDNT SEE THAT. I just assumed she was 6-b at worst lol sorry

Christian Higdon said:
Sounds like a bad case of the upside down.
Yeah, is SS even a swimmer?
Considering fiction tends to assume everyone is unless specifically stated or shown otherwise, I went in under the standard assumption that, yes, Sunset is a swimmer.

So if we assume an average swimmer would probably mean she's a bit above the level of using the doggy paddle. To have a chance in this fight, she'd probably need to be at the level of a pro swimmer. SS will run out of stamina and drown before she gets a chance to seriously hurt the whale.

You should make the setting mixed, for SS it's land, for the whale it's water.

Blahblah9755

Not to be rude, but a neutral territory wouldn't change much...

On land, it would a massive curbstomp for SS, since Blue Whales are completely helpless when beached...

Underwater, as you said, the whale has a home turf advantage. And would probably just outlast the furry equine, while occasionally getting a lucky tail smack in until she dies.

First, necro

Second, neutral territory means it's land from her perspective, and sea from the whale's this is something that is allowed under our vs thread rules and standard battle assumptions.

Size is going to be against the blue whale here. That massive size means it won't be hitting Sunset with all of it's power what with surface area and all. She'll be getting hit with less than a fraction of it's power. Compare that to Sunset who has comparable power in her fist. With all her power focused onto a small fist, she may as well have harpoons for punches water resistance or no.

Back