• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sung Jin-Woo 8-C+

Currently, Sung Jin-Woo in his reawakening key is stated as Builidng level due to one shotting a baseline and downscaling from his high 8-c Amped version.

I think, with these factors, and the fact that it's clear he's above baseline, that he should be changed to Building+. It's a far more accurate representation of his tiering.

Also, his 3.5 earthquake feat should be added under his Attack Potency for high 8-c. That way, people don't need to navigate to Blood-red Igris's profile to see his AP.

You can't get a + without a calc from upscaling unless the feat you spsvale from is nearly at the + mark.

Which is a no here.

What about downscaling? He's claimed not that much weaker than his amped self, which is high 8-c. Doesn't that warrant him being building+? How would that work in this case?

I do believe that is also a no unless we get a clearer idea what the amp consists of, and therefore how relative it is to his unamped power.

Actually, reading the fight with Igris again, where did he even amp his AP? Shouldn't this key just be High 8-c all around anyway?

And even then, that would be a maximum of 99% increase, which, for his 2.68 feat, would make Base Jin-Woo around 1.3 tons, which is building+

Nah, we have seen before that the increase of stats is not linear, it is at worst multiplicative.

Jin-Woo boosted his strength to nearly 50 when his base was 10, but he went from 9-B and barely killing magical pumas to one shotting a D-Ranked boss, a massive Golem the size of a house giving a D-Ranker trouble.

That's not a boost you get by growing 5x times stronger.

Either way, the key in question doesn't have that title for stat boosts in the first place. So, by feats, he's just high 8-c.

Did he even amped himself when he performed earthquake feat? iirc the title is only active when he uses it and not active when he uses a different one

Pretty sure Triumphant over Adversity was taken way before his class advancment. Wolf Slayer should also have been in effect against the worms.

No, he only got the title after completing the job quest. And the earthquake feat is credited against Igris, whom he had no amps against.

Igris was beating the shit out of him with relative ease and would have killed him if he didn't hold back.

Even with a 30% damage reduction, stabbing it into the eye while it had it's guard down, a 40% speed increase he was being beaten. The only reason that he didn't get killed by the hit that made the "earthquacke" was an extra 50% damage decrease from unyielding spirit,

After that, he needed six vital stabs to actual manage to stab it properly. Scaling him to it is just plain not possible.

He would have also died in a hit from the centipedes, even if he was already damaged, and mainly killed them through daggers (and even a human spikesman can kill an elephant due to how blades work) and vital stabs.

Also, if all this is just suggesting "Jin-Woo is somewhat above baseline", doesn't Igris downscale to just building level too? Him beating the shit out of someone who is unquantifiably above baseline 8-c doesn't make him high 8-c either

The only stats-amp here i saw in this battle is speed and durability.

However, we can take account of the Kinetic energy produced by increasing his speed and slaming Igris at full speed. Also, in the LN, the place was really shaken:

"[Your movement speed has increased by 40%.]

Jin-Woo's legs were now moving so much faster. He felt the electrifying speed sending chills down his entire body.

'Yes, this is it. And now….'

And now, he'd slam this b*stard!

While gripping the midriff of Igrit even harder, he dashed towards the nearest wall with every ounce of energy he had.

Of course, if they collided against the wall at this speed, the impact his own body received would be substantial as well. However, Jin-Woo had a hidden trump card in the form of a certain passive skill.

The distance closed in the blink of an eye!

The wall was right behind them.

Kaboom!!

Along with the huge explosion, Igrit crashed into the wall.

At the same time, a message from the System popped up.

Tti-ring!

[Your HP has dropped below 30% and 'Skill: Tenacity' has been activated.]

[All damage received will be reduced by 50%.]

The impact force was great enough for the entire boss room to tremble momentarily."

Idk if I feat like that can be calced somehow or is it even possible to calc it, if the earthquake feat is valid how about like this?

Likely High 8-C, possibly higher with Sprint

And Attack Potency: Likely Large Building level, possibly higher with Sprint (With Sprint active,he quickly slammed Igris to a wall to cause an earthquake, Sprint only increases his speed so he isn't to far behind without it)

If this is not suitable then we have to find a calcable feat in the novel or webtoon for his second key, so he can have more proper Tier for that key

Sorry for not commenting, FANDOm unfollowed me for some reason.

Not sure if it was my translation, or if I simply read something wrong, but reading through it again this is fine.

Sung would be High 8-C by virtue of fighting the giant building sized monsters regaradless, however.

So this should be implemented then? His AP would be around 2.6 tons Earthquake feat level

Yeah he fought some huge monsters and I believe there should be calcable feats for that key, but I don't know if calcing stuff from webtoon will be accurate, if it is i'll be rereading and checking notable feats

Back