• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggestions for improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kavpeny

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
This thread is for members to list their suggestions to improve VS Battles wiki. I cannot promise you that all your suggestions will be incorporated for certain, but they will be considered for implementation sincerely.

Feedback is both welcome, and much appreciated.

I have some simple ideas...

But it is late for me now, I will post them tomorrow.

An actual section for battles between characters so we can get more wins and losses to put in character profiles.

@Credible Hulk: Crude language is not allowed within this wiki.

@RouninOtaku: We already have a Versus board in the forums.

I know this might sound dumb, but I always liked those article of the week things. Doing that for characters sometimes can be kinda cool.

@Credible Hulk I changed it to "all-ages" to avoid misunderstandings in the future.

@RouninOtaku No problem.

I don't think that we have enough room in the main page for a "featured article" section (article of the week would take too much constant work, rather than an unspecified timeframe), unless we remove the main image.

@Antvasima: I was just about to get to that actually. My suggestion was adding one of those sliders that most proper wiki's have on their front page. Take a look at this wiki for example. Notice when you scroll down a tad, they have the slider with different pages moving by that link to various parts of their wiki? Including a "Welcome to _____ Wiki" on one the first slide, with the next one containing a link and a picture about an important part of whatever that wiki is.

So I was suggesting, that we add that to this wiki as well. We could do something like the First slide being a "Welcome to VS Battles Wiki" with the picture of the Marvel vs DC covering that slide. Then the next slide for example would contain a crucial part of our wiki, like the Attack Potency page, or the Character Tiering page etc. And a third slide leading to the Forums or anything. Of course these don't need to be the EXACT inputs, as they were just ideas from me, but I think that looking into it, despite being a somewhat minor addition, would improve the aesthetic value of this wiki.

That is not a bad idea, but I don't know how to add such features, and am kept too busy here to have the time and energy to figure it out. Lord Kavpeny might be able to do so when he comes back though, if he likes the idea.

It is extremely important that we keep all of the information links and the rules section in the main page though.

Of course, I understand. And when Lord Kavpeny comes back, I'll just ask if he knows how or not.

No. Definitely not. It would turn out horribly, get nearly no visitors, and have no point to it.

@Sheoth: I can, but there are a lot of other things to be revised/restructured first, so it will take a (long) while to get to it. Your suggestion on the other hand, is duly noted.

@HomestuckLover1: Hmm...I have created Featured Section discussion threads. Weekly is too short, the featured section articles will be revised one month at a time. The implementation is still under development though.

@LurkerMurker: Well, I am against it, primarily due to lack of videographic content required to maintain a youtube channel. Do you have any suggestions as to how to make a channel work?

I think that we would embarrass ourselves, and that it might attract badly behaved YouTube people as members of the site. I already have to spend over 8 hours a day on this place. I have no urge whatsoever to spend over 16. In addition, I strongly dislike being placed in the spotlight. And I don't mean that I would participate in the show, just that it would be hard for it to avoid mentioning the staff members, which would be a massive headache.

I agree with Ant, it would be a waste of time and wouldn't really lead to anything beneficial...

It might overtax the calculation group with irrelevant requests though. If we add it, we should clarify at the start that this is only for reasonably prominent characters with unclear feats that are necessary to get a scale for the franchise.

Ok that works

I was also going to say we can make rules to not have irrelevant requests as they will be ignored or deleted also should we see how the Calc group will feel about this

Yes. Let's see what the calculation group and Lord Kavpeny think about this?

I am fine with the suggestion.

In fact, Darkness552's idea is a good one, seeing as people don't know where to go with calc requests, and eventually do get redirected to Calc Group message walls.

But since the calc group is the one who will actually have to maintain the thread, I think the decision should be in their hands. If they think it will be unfeasible, then so be it.

But if they find it interesting and reasonable, it would be a good addition to the wiki, in my personal opinion.

I think that it might be best if you contact them directly this time.

Let me be pessimistic about the forum thread idea and predict that if 5 people, which are not coordinated between each other, are supposed to take up requests not specifically directed at anyone of them, likely nobody will feel responsible to do anything and believe that someone else will do it.

Except for that I have no problem with the idea.

You can all subscribe to the thread, and then decide between yourselves who will take up the request, if it seems relevant enough.

@DontTalk: Thank you. I suppose we will have to wait for the other members' decision then.

I think the idea sounds pretty good; DontTalk's point is definitely a good one, but like them, I think it's worth trying out.

Well, since 3 of 5 members are fine with it so far, I think that it is safe for you to create the thread Lord Kavpeny.

All right. Please take note that all calculation group members should probably click subscribe to this thread. Thank you.

One suggestion from me:

Shouldn´t we complete our rankings down to 0?

What I mean is shouldn´t their be an attack potency rank from 0 to 100 Joule, a striking strength category for 0 to 100 Joule, a normal human rank for speed (between Sub-Human and Peak Human) and a Sub-Human rank for durability?

Or would that need too much changing for now?

No, it would not be too much work. The changes will not be as significant, since it is additional of detail, instead of revision of anything currently in use.

Are there any other additions are required, DontTalk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back