• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggested invulnerability changes

Wokistan said:
Newendigo said:
I always took Invulnerability as the ability to be unaffected by physicals attacks from beings that are comparable and/or stronger than the user. Whether is temporal (Mario's Super Star, Sonic's Super Mode) or constant (Superman's invulnerability)...
This is what this thread's changing/enforcing better.
Yay People will use my definition as the new description of the page .^ v ^.

So of the verses we've gotten to so far:

• Remove from Sailor Moon
  • Remove from Matrix
  • Stat amp for Bayonetta (her file already says this)
  • Stat amp for game sonic
  • Comics sonic I have a question about
  • Unknown for Slayers. This page doesn't list anyone and the OP of the page is long gone, so idk.
  • Remove for TTGL
  • Stat amp for Mario

Wokistan said:
Bleach: Verse page. We'll see how well it matches up to the characters later.
I guess this is about Sajin Komamura in his human form? yeah it was never stated that he is invulnerability against physical harm in sense that you cannot harm him, what happen is you can hurt him but he will regenerate his wounds right away and it implied he cant die by confensional means in this forms as he no longer alive or smt along those lines, basically it more akin to Regenerationn and immortality, so yeah his profile need a revision.

Well I said we'll see later because the verse page came up way before bleach characters so I just don't know who it applies to.

I can update the Invulnerability page if everyone's fine with a new definition based on 'Attack Potency Negation', so that it's a bit clearer.

It may be fine, actually, but I'm definitely updating the examples.

Saber Musashi has invulnerability too.

Nothingness: The ultimate mental state a swordsman can obtain, being achieved only by swordsmen of the highest order. It corresponds to the concept of Suigetsu of the Yagyuu Shinkage-ryü. One is nothing, and is thus invincible. As they have nothing above them, they become an unreachable sky that can't be touched. Not even a slash that uses the Multi-Dimensional Refraction Phenomenon can reach someone with no sky. Only a swordsma who has reached the mental state of infinity can perceive this.

You don't need to list examples here.

The Invulnerability page's former examples included several with absolutely no justification.

whats the summary of what happened here for the people that have an attention span the length of a flea....?

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
whats the summary of what happened here for the people that have an attention span the length of a flea....?
The page for invulnerability in general is in question, and even if it remains, it will be changed to "Attack Potency Negation" in description

Wait, are we changing the name to Attack Potency Negation? Characters can be invulnerable to physical attacks, energy attacks, projectiles, melee attacks, fire and stuff like that which might not fit with "attack potency negation".

Btw I am super late but I agree with the OP. "Invulnerability" in most cases is just character being super durable or stone wall. But it is often misinterpreted as NLF ability. We had a similar discussion in a Sonic thread (https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3951601). This verse also requires the above revision.

AKM sama said:
Wait, are we changing the name to Attack Potency Negation? Characters can be invulnerable to physical attacks, energy attacks, projectiles, melee attacks, fire and stuff like that which might not fit with "attack potency negation".
Fairly sure we aren't

One thing I'm questioning is if invulnerability should even remain as a power if we define it as "negating attack potency". What this suggestion means is that rather than being a single coherent superpower, invulnerability would be a particular application of numerous unrelated powers, such as causality manipulation, physics manipulation, energy manipulation etc

Before anyone asks, yeah I think the same thing about durability negation. Imo it makes much more sense as a term page than a power and ability page, especially when the common usage I've seen of it is explaining that a character can ignore durability with certain abilities in the AP section, which kinda makes it pointless to feature in the P&A section as if it was a power on its own

I agree with the proposed changes, but I think the name should be kept. As others have mentioned "Invulnerability" can be a real thing depending on how that state of invulnerability is actually achieved

I guess it can be delayed if that is the general consensus. Either way I'll help.

why use the term invulnerability at all? there is a character that can withstand x damage without damage. and there is an amount of damage equal to x+1. all, the character is vulnerable. this is the usual durability and resistance

Just to check, what would go in a character's durability rating if they're judged to possess invulnerability? Would it just be something like this for example:

Durability: Invulnerable (Due to the protection of XYZ, their body cannot be harmed by any amount of force)

Damage3245 said:
Just to check, what would go in a character's durability rating if they're judged to possess invulnerability? Would it just be something like this for example:
Durability: Invulnerable (Due to the protection of XYZ, their body cannot be harmed by any amount of force)
There should probably be a section of their durability without Invulnerability as well, as there are those like Gremmy Thoumeaux who could "image" someone as not invulnerable, leaving there normal durability as the one to act on

Characters possessing true invulnerability will still retain their ratings, but such profiles are very few in number. It will be removed from those profiles that don't qualify for it, i.e. most of them (like Superman).

In other cases, like Sonic and Doomguy, it could be replaced by Statistics Amplification or the durability rating will just get "higher (due to XYZ mode/power/reason)".

AKM sama said:
Characters possessing true invulnerability will still retain their ratings. It will be removed from only those profiles that don't qualify for it (like Superman).
In other cases, like Sonic and Doomguy, it will be replaced by Statistics Amplification or the durability will just get "higher (due to XYZ mode/power/reason)".
So even with true invulnerability, it will continue to be listed only in powers and abilities and not durability?

That would just be '''Unknown''' durability. Or scale from striking strength.

If I may, we should probably change the main example image of Invulnerability, since God Hand explicitly only grants high resistance to whatever killed him last, or against attacks of a lower rank than A rank.

The only time invulnerability would apply is the lower ranked attacks part, since an A rank attack would work but a C rank Noble Phantasm wouldn't, despite both being at the same relative AP. Even then, it's not the best example of invulnerability we can provide.

I am fine with changing the image. Suggestions for a replacement are very appreciated.

Destiny has law/Sword Logic backed invilnerability, I could replace it with a picture of one of the law shields or something.

It is important that we continue with this revision.

Antvasima said:
Just to clarify, this would be a massive project, as between 1000 and 1500 pages link to Invulnerability. Are you certain that you are up for it on top of everything else that we have going on?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/index....limit=1500&target=Invulnerability&namespace=0
Well, don't we need to go through and gauge if the characters currently listed as invulnerable actually qualify at some point?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/index.php?title=Invulnerability&diff=5906866&oldid=3627448

Oh, that's true. However, why does this main thread need to be open? Now it just boils down to the actual character, which can be handled on a CRT of their verse.

Back