• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Suggested invulnerability changes

I wouldn't suggest to divide the power into types, it makes users to graps the power profile rather than the power of the character itself, that goes with assuming power that hasn't been showed. In the way that we define Durability (like, no selling to anything whose yeild is an arbitrary number below the durability value), it makes powers like Invulnerability kinda useless or nlf-ish, depending of the case.

Also, I'm fine with invulnerability being redefined at Attack Potency Nullification.

Keep it invulnerability, but it's reason changed. Most people will definitely not like typing three separate words, especially for over 100+ profiles.

I guess we can keep it as that, but we probably should be adding more elaborate notes about it not being added based on vague/hyperbolic statements or Power ups that five temporary invincibility.

Yeah I (or someone else) can just rewrite the page at some point. easy

Yeah I wasn't planning on changing the name, just actually enforcing the definition.

I guess someone would have to look through pages too. I can do that at some point. Tedious work's what I'm here for

I posted the list above, could do a bunch of it myself. May as well go through like 20 or so rn

I have to deal with some category stuff, so I can help later I guess.

he might be, depends how you justify it. I'm going through a bunch of files and am gonna post my thoughts on the first 20 in a bit, so you may have to wait for baki.

Wokistan said:
he might be, depends how you justify it. I'm going through a bunch of files and am gonna post my thoughts on the first 20 in a bit, so you may have to wait for baki.
No worries, I'll be patient

Note if I say remove you can substitute that with an explanation for how it works as AP negation. Unexplained means an explanation is needed or it would be removed.

Okay so first 20:

Bleach: Verse page. We'll see how well it matches up to the characters later.

Sailor Saturn (manga): No explanation at all, remove.

Tuxedo Mask (manga): More unexplained invulnerability.

Neo (The Matrix): Says limited, but is unexplained. Problematic.

Agent Smith: Same as Neo.

Bayonetta (Character): Better as a stat amp. The page is at least nice enough to spell this out, saying it works up to High 4-C.

Tails (Game Character): Sonic fans already seem to agree with game sonic not falling under this, judging by the above.

Sonic the Hedgehog (Archie Pre-Genesis Wave): Archie may be different, but I don't think they had something that would let them function as AP negation. Could easily be wrong here though

Knuckles the Echidna (Game Character): Game sonic character

Mammoth Mogul (Archie Pre-Genesis Wave): Archie sonic character, so it depends what's decided there.

Metal Sonic: Game sonic character

Lord of Nightmares: Unexplained, and she seems superior to her entire verse as is so idk how applicable it would even be.

Gurren Lagan: Unexplained.

Arc-Gurren Lagan: Unexplained.

Super Galaxy Gurren Lagan: Unexplained.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (Mech): Unexplained.

Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan: Unexplained.

Dimentio: Unexplained.

Mario: Fairly sure what he has would count as stat amp instead.

For Mario characters, it's just a stat amplification; it can be removed from Mario and Dimentio's profiles. It can also be removed from ToeJam & Earl's profile as well, and I think there may be plenty of other video game characters.

Also just from now on, please do not introduce verses to this that I haven't gotten to yet. Doing 20 files at a time to keep things semi reasonable and it'd just kinda fall apart into chaos with random interjections.

I honestly dunno how you'd even come to the conclusion that mechs in Gurren Lagann have invulnerability considering they regularly get ripped apart

heck the entire final battle is all the mechs being disintegrated by the anti spiral's drill before finally stopping against Gurren Lagann proper

TTGL, it might be because of probability manip stuff? The missiles they used at least could go through shields and stuff, messing with the probability of defenses working.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11127/111275532/6299036-7748440663-55769.jpg

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_super/11127/111275532/6299037-6780112792-55769.jpg

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11127/111275532/6299038-0184507653-55769.jpg

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11127/111275532/6299039-4128212254-55769.jpg

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11127/111275532/6299040-4140200634-55769.jpg

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11127/111275532/6299041-6422215784-55769.jpg

Although I don't recall it ever being used in a defensive manner, I guess they could lower the probability of an attack working or smth?. Generally see ppl saying that they can, so, might be worth looking up on that.

oh yeah they do actually no sell attacks due to the probability of it working or hitting being 0

but you can just label that as probability manipulation

Yeah, I think TTGL mechs should have their invulnerability removed as well.

DMUA said:
oh yeah they do actually no sell attacks due to the probability of it working or hitting being 0

but you can just label that as probability manipulation
Do you recall any specific instances of them using it defensively? I only recall blatant probability manip when the missiles are used, first with AS against Super Galaxy, then with TTGL against AS.

that's kinda it because the anti spiral just break out their probability manipulation to counter and it's never really brought up again

That is not really Invulnerability, but since the probability of the attack impacting and doing nothing exist (I guess by simply not having enough impact at that moment, or hitting a non-sensible spot without enough force), they use their porb manipulation to trigger that possibility.

For Neo and Smith, I don't think they have any invulnerability. They both can still get hurt even when they go super saiyan mode in the third movie.

@Wokistan Archie is a very different case, as there are several cases where characters are simply unaffected by any physical attacks dished out. Most famous case is the Super Sonic vs Enerjak fight that's on the profile. They have the statements and the showings to keep invulnerability.

My best guess for Sailor Saturn is that she gains the powers that are associated with her planet in the sailor moon verse, due to Saturn being associated with Death and Nothingness, I guess the person who made the profile inserted some headcanon into it.

I always took Invulnerability as the ability to be unaffected by physicals attacks from beings that are comparable and/or stronger than the user. Whether is temporal (Mario's Super Star, Sonic's Super Mode) or constant (Superman's invulnerability)...

TTGL invulnerability should be removed, with similar characters.

Remember that feeling pain do not disqualify someone from having Invulnerability, one can still be able to feel pain, just with no notable damage. In the case of Neo and Smith, I believe they bleed during that fight, in whose case they received real damage.

Superman was like the first character to have Invulnerability removed from all his profiles iirc based on our threads regarding invulnerability.

Antonio@ It depends of the method of damage. If someone were to use mind hax to make a person with Invul to feel pain then of course they are not bypassing said defense.

But if someone were to make this same user feel by their physicals attacks alone, then either the attacker is way above the user's invulnerability, or the user is just simply vulnerable (pun intended).

Newendigo said:
I always took Invulnerability as the ability to be unaffected by physicals attacks from beings that are comparable and/or stronger than the user. Whether is temporal (Mario's Super Star, Sonic's Super Mode) or constant (Superman's invulnerability)...
This is what this thread's changing/enforcing better.

Is still possible to feel pain even if one do not receive real damage, it have to do with sensibility rather than how much tough can someone be. The guy from Unbreakable is in contrast invulnerable (you can see the movies, but he never receive real damage), but still feels disconfort when receiving strikes.

I mean that just means he has high durability

That's why I said "in contrast" (was just an example), the line is thin between the two abilities, invulnerability is basically indefinied level of durability either against one kind of physical damage or all of them.

Back