• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Subnautica Revisions

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
So its come to my attention that, according to this blog, Subnautica's two biggest creatures, the Sea Dragon Leviatha and the Sea Emperor Leviatha, would qualify for 8-A and High 7-C tiers respectively via sheer size. Their speed would also be adjusted accordingly and the former would upgrade Ryley's tier with the PRAWN Suit.

Some other things to note, for the Precursor Race, their Quarantine Enforcement Platform cannon is stated to be capable of firing with the energy equivalent of 100 Megatons, so that should be specified on the profile. Ryley Robinso should also have a note in his durability section for his Cyclops Field Generator as it is durable enough to be undamaged by both the Sea Dragon and this

Yes, honestly i may just end up breaking his page up into three-four keys depending on how this goes

I thought that was for height not length? If it's length tho that could be useful with some profiles I wanna make

The two creatures i mentioned are humanoid-shaped so length = height in their case

I dunno what to say other than I brought the size thing to Weekly's attention, I'm aware it assumes human shape/density/etc but still.

I think 8-A and above are probably outliers. A sea dragon died from knocking over the disease research compound, they can't destroy the cyclops force field which is now calced at 8-B, and a reaper leviathan was stabbed to near death by a regular knife wielded by a regular human (though that one is probably an outlier in the other direction).

The Sea Dragon would be a durability feat for the containment facility not an anti feat for the dragon, especially when the material in question is considered unbreakable by the standards of the Alterra Corp.

The forcefield scaled to the Sea Dragon not the other way around

Ah, it's been a little while since I've played the game.

I guess the force field calc was causal as well, so I'm now fine with the revisions.

Uh

You can actually calculate their KE with their mass + top speed to get a far more accurate result considering Bambu's blog uses human proportions.

WeeklyBattles said:
Some other things to note, for the Precursor Race, their Quarantine Enforcement Platform cannon is stated to be capable of firing with the energy equivalent of 100 Megatons, so that should be specified on the profile
That's the total amount of energy the entire facility has, not the amount it can fire in one go.

That said it should be a number within that range so City level or City level+ would be a good estimate.

"This device houses energy equivalent to a 100MT nuclear detonation, which can be channeled through the facility and directed at vessels overhead, or bent around the planet's gravitational pull to strike targets in orbit. Power is routed via the attached terminal, allowing for the device to be deactivated if necessary. It is currently operating without parameters, suggesting it will target any ship within range."

The projections are 100 MT

Hm. Not sure if by "channeled through the facility" it means it's being used to power the facility or that it's being send through the facility to the weapon.

City level+ sounds like a good compromise to me since it's sitting right on the line between 7-B+ and 7-A. Even if it was also powering the building that would be a fraction of a fraction of a megaton.

If someone asks what the exact value is the answer would be " Slightly less than 100 megatons".

Dargoo, not to derail, but you might like my most recent calc.

Even if they don't have official mass or speed, it's still calcable. Perhaps using inverse square law to compare to a real world animal of a similar shape for the mass. If it's X times longer than the animal, it should have X^3 times more mass. And for speed, you can also compare height/length of the giant beast to the animal you compared which would be X times more speed by the same formula. Though, that's assuming they're fast even for their size.

What real world creature has a similar shape to them though.

It is likely that Leviathans are real, but people are skeptical about it. But otherwise, the Sea Dragon Leviathan sort of looks like an Alligator with squid tentacles for back legs. Sea Emperor Leviathan sort of has the face of an Angler fish, but many other features.

Comparing them to some sharks or whales might be good ideas yes.

Its waterborne and it can go through skin, the second you step foot in the water on that planet youre infected

I'm pretty sure we're in agreement with the revisions, though wait, did we ever finish the calculations for their mass/speed?

Then we shall wait until it's done.

20,000 years later when cyborg Dark returns with the finished calc and we're all just statues with the inscription, "He'll be back soon, right?"

CinnabarManx421 said:
Then we shall wait until it's done.

20,000 years later when cyborg Dark returns with the finished calc and we're all just statues with the inscription, "He'll be back soon, right?"
My prediction is coming true, someone add precognition to my page.

Back