• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Subnautica Revisions

Well ive added the Quarantine Enforcement Platform's revision while we're waiting for the creature APs to be calced

That second monster looks dope as hell tbh and I never even played.

Y'all can obsess over the Ice Worm all you want. I'm gonna go cuddle my adorable penglings

All seriousness, I have an actual question. Would it be possible to work out the power of the Gargantuan Fossil when it was alive?

I don't know, we don't really have a complete skeleton of it, just it's head and ribs, so it might be difficult to gauge it's true size. Not that it matters, it wouldn't scale to anyone nor be something to be indexed on here.

The PDA estimates that the skeleton we have is 1/3 of the creature's true length, and explicitly called it eel shaped. As the skeleton is 402 meters long, we can probably assume that the creature would have been 1200 meters long when alive

Hmm ok we could probably use that then. Though again, that'd probably just be a fun project as it can't scale to anything in game nor be something to put on the wiki.

Alright. Here's my napkin numbers using the inverse square law for all of the Subnautica leviathans. I will let you know what creature I compared them to.

Reaper Leviathan (Giant Oarfish) - 0.07 tons of TNT (Small Building)

Juvenile Ghost Leviathan (Eel) - 0.28 tons of TNT (Building)

Adult Ghost Leviathan (Eel) - 2.95 tons of TNT (Large Building)

Sea Dragon Leviathan (Giant Squid) - 0.71 tons of TNT (Building)

Sea Emperor Leviathan (Giant Squid) - 4.22 tons of TNT (Large Building)

And for funzies, The Gargantuan Fossil (Eel) - 523.47992 kilotons of TNT (Large Town)

Obviously, all rather underwhelming, with some strange results. Unsurprisingly, the Reaper is dead last for the leviathans, and the Gargantuan Fossil takes first place by a literal mile. However, I was surprised to see the Ghost (Adult) leapfrog the Sea Dragon by so much. At least the Emperor is still top dog

Not too far off, and pretty good effort; though stone is probably denser yes. According to google, Stone is roughly twice as dense as a reptilian skeleton; so perhaps 0.71 tons of TNT * 4/3 = 0.94666666666 Tons of TNT

In Jacksepticeye's 4th episode of his Below Zero playthrough, he comes across some text without audio SPOILERS!

that says that they found Jeffreys, and when they put him on the radio to explain why he went missing, he says that he was attacked by a warper despite not being infected with the Kharaa, and Robin mentions that where he was warped to was over 50 kilometers away. So, possible Range upgrade for the warper then?

They should probably be renamed as such

Also they have tech that can implant Ai in biological minds

Phoenix821 said:
Persoanlly I would of preffered if Al-An was called Almanac.
Yeah, see like, THAT sounds cool, because he's like a computer, but the whole race being called that is just so off. Like, what are they, a calendar? (Cause that's what an almanac is.)

Also, is anyone else getting the vibes that either Al-An is gonna cause Robin to betray Sam and like, blow up the vesper, OR that Sam is gonna betray Robin so that she can become Vice President of whatever it was and then Robin and Al-An are gonna have to escape together. Personally, I'm leading towards Sam betraying Robin as she seems very selfish and already doesn't have a great relationship with Robin. Just feels like an air of betrayal is going on here.

Also, can't wait t make an in-verse fight of Ryley Robinson vs. Robin Goodall. Which of these 2 unrelated people who end up in a similar situation and both wierdly have Robin in their name will come out on top?

Weekly, you're answering these far faster than is humanly possible. Does Stocking have some precognition I don't know about? ovo

Bepo forgot to add Mind Reading to Weekly's abilities Probably a bad memory, but just saiyan.

Also, real talk. Ryley's profile needs to be discussed.

His key with the Seamoth should not go up to High 8-C. The justification for that is the Vortex Torpedoes being able to trap assorted Leviathans. But that is not an AP feat. AP measures destructive potential, not trapping a large creature.

Same with the PRAWN suit. Yes, the suit can kill Reapers and Dragons. But by this same justification, single Biters should be 9-B as they can kill Ryley in the same way that the suit can kill these Leviathans, by a sustained assault over a long period of time.

The Repulser Cannon justification is ok as it is applying force to an object, and can clearly counteract a Reaper's charge.

However the entire section on Ion Cubes should be deleted. To repeat my point with the Seamoth, this is not destructive energy, rather potential energy. Humans are not more powerful via having access to batteries. And the Ion Cube Matrix is not even part of the game anymore.

What y'all think?

The Prawn Suit can kill Leviathans via physical strikes

The Ion Cube Matrix IS part of the game though, its what is used to power the Neptune Escape Rocket

Yes the suit can kill Leviathans. But, using that justification, a single Biter should be upgraded to 9-B, cause they can kill Ryley with physical strikes. So someone needs to be changed.

Nope. Replaced with the Ion Power Cells. The Fuel Reserve is crafted with plasteel, 4x cave sulfur, 4x kyanite, and two Ion Power Cells

Biters are 10-C on their own, a single one killing Ryley when even in lore a whole group of Biters is needed to kill something of his size is game mechanics

Was it? Okay then never mind it should be removed

Yeah that should probably be removed actually, the only ways it can do damage are via gravity torpedoes and acid torpedoes, not actual explosives

The only thing that is High 7-C is the Gargantuan Leviathan which is never fought in-game and only seen as a skeleton

Ryley is only 9-B physically and the PRAWN Suit scales to whatever tier the Sea Dragon/Ghost ends up being

@Crimson Remember to include the stuff for the Sea Dragon that we talked about earlier in the thread if you do end up doing that

Back