• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Moby Dick vs Cryptosuchus

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
So yeah, we have two deep-sea creatures... One is Moby Dick, the famous white whale you probably have heard about from English class or some shit. On the other hand, we have an aggro coelacanth-like creature that some moron thought was a crocodile. From what I can tell, here's are what I got from them.

• Faster (24.6933 m/s vs baseline Peak Human Speed)
  • Higher Range (A sperm whale Moby Dick's size (90 feet) would have a mouth over 4 meters long)
  • Larger Size (27.432 meters vs 8.89 meters)
  • Higher Lifting Strength (Class 10 vs Class 5)
  • Capable of tactics
  • Weaker AP and Durability (13.57 kg of TNT vs 26.48 kg of TNT)
  • Prefers to ram opponents
  • Fear manipulation only works on sailors
  • Sound manipulation may be countered by fact that Cryptosuchus fought mantis shrimp equivalents (Rock Punchers)
  • Less suited for high pressures (typically 2000 feet below sea level, but can go down to 10000 feet. Subnautica's depth is unknown but likely higher)
  • Higher AP and Durability
  • Better Defenses (Bony, Spiky Armor)
  • Better suited for high pressures
  • Prefers biting, but can jab
  • Can somewhat be saved by Moby's preference to move away then charge

• Slower
  • Smaller Range
  • Is a wild animal that has no effing idea what it's doing

This match will be full-on SBA. That being said, here are their profiles.

Moby Dick's Profile
Cryptosuchus' Profile

Who takes this?

The White Whale: 1 (JustANormalLemon)
The False Crocodile: 0
Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
No but like the croc is superior-
Tell me you wrote that without thinking about all the factors that go into these debates without telling me that you wrote that without thinking about all the factors that go into these debates.

Moby Dick is stated to use It's mouth to bite ships in half trough, It's in character for the whale to bite

any way, higher speed and LS will make much harder for the croc thing to have a constant damage, the fact a whale skin is mostly fat and muscle just jabing and biting Mob will not be that effective as It will not go that deep on the whale, the fat will also lower by a lot the damage of atacking the spiked creature

voting the White ghost of the sea

I mean, I haven't played the second game so I don't really know much about how Cryptosuchus behaves. But I think Lemon makes sense here. Moby Dick FRA.

Back