• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sub-Zero takes on a fire-wielding martial artist (not named Scorpion)

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
Felt like breaking in a new character. Why not start by putting him against another one I like?

Speed is equalized and the characters start within standard MK fighting game range. Battle takes place here.

Klassic Sub-Zero, obviously.

Sub-Zero: 0

Juji Kabane: 4 (Teon, Dargoo, Medeus, Gar Schnee)

Double K.O.: 2 (Xta, Kredory)

Battle Music:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Soundtrack 6 - Jintsuriki (Sigma Mix)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Soundtrack 6 - Jintsuriki (Sigma Mix)

Mortal-Kombat-Deception-MKD-Render-Character-Sub-Zero
Juji Kabane

How good is Juji's duplication and perception amplification?

Otherwise Sub-Zero freezes and shatters him more times than not, as I doubt his flames can counteract ice with a temperature as low as -500 F.

Perception: It's basically identical to Bullet Time Mode in Max Payne. And in the final boss battle, you have to use it in order to counteract Garino Corseone actually slowing you down in time. (read: you specifically and nothing else in the battlefield, including things that are attacking you) Garino's timeslow looks like this.

Duplication: See here.

Duplication could actually mess with Sub-Zero given that he can't close out the match via freezing due to being overwhelmed by numbers.

Perception amps help with dodging projectiles, which also helps avoiding absolute zero freezing.

I'd say with the two combined he could take out Sub-Zero, although with teleportation in mind he'd have to activate his perception boost or duplication immediatly to avoid being frozen.

Out of curiosity, what's the AP gap?

Uh, I'd need to check. I don't remember the exact number that OG Mortal Kombat scales to.

UPDATE: Ohhh, this isn't good...

For reference, the 242.99 MJ value is what the Gungrave characters are scaled to. And further, because Grave no-sold the damage and Bear (the guy he defeated) did that much damage just by transforming into his first form. Which Grave proceeded to overpower, alongside his second, more powerful form.

Meanwhile, Sub scales to...49.2 MJ....

I mean

Sub-Zero can still kill Juji through Absolute Zero/Freezing from what I am aware of.

Juji just can now kill Sub-Zero just as easily as Sub-Zero could have killed him with comparable AP, lol.

Juji as well. While Sub-Zero can potentially kill him with freezing, duplicating into a dozen targets and enhancing his perception should make it too diffucult for Sub to land a hit before getting one-shot.

We have no way of knowing for sure. Most of his fights are controlled by the player, and the few actual non-gameplay scenes of combat we see are brief and usually very situational.

Melee is almost guaranteed to be something he'll be working towards though, seeing as both his gameplay and his limited cutscenes have him favoring close combat in most scenarios. Although he isn't helpless at a distance either.

What do you mean by "the thing he needs to use right away to win"?

Even if he doesn't open with perception or duplication, Sub would have to either throw projectiles (which Juji's entire game revolves around not getting hit by), or risk melee in order to freeze-shatter him.

He has definitely only ever done that once in the original timeline. Saying he opens with that all the time is incorrect.

Except this is the only instance where we see him open with that, at least we know what is he going to do first. Plus if he duplicates he receives that treatment.

By that logic Juji will never start with duplication and perception manip

That...was my point. We only ever see Sub-Zero even use that move once in the entire timeline that scene comes from. Using that to judge how he opens 100% of the time is flawed.

And no, just because Juji's fight scenes are brief and situational does not mean he never uses his powers right away. All it means is that there's no specific starting move he has.

Which is the case with Sub-Zero as well, mind you.

okek

Tbh I don't think duplication and perception manip is enough, besides throwing ice balls at the opponent, Sub-Zero has a move where he spawns a freezing beam from below the opponent, an AoE attack in case he gets swarmed, a barrier of cold air that freezes anyone who comes near him and can counter attacks by freezing himself then passing on the freeze to the attacker who touches him and that's all in absolute zero temperatures.

I mean if Juji perception amps at any point, then he's likely to blitz and one-shot before half of that comes in play, thanks to the absurd AP gap. But I'll count the vote for now, I guess.

You thought I was serious about that?

This is the last MK VS Gungrave match I plan on doing. I doubt any of the other Klassic MK guys would have a fair match against this guy.

So Sub-Zero has the privilege of fighting someone vastly stronger than him while calling it fair. Feels good after seeing him utterly get rekt by Kabal in his reveal trailer. I have to get my mind off of seeing Sub-Zero die over and over. It's like seeing Ryu or Jago get beat up everytime a new character gets released lol

It's definitely ironic, considering how Kuai-Liang is one of the few ninjas who doesn't job often nowadays.

(Unless he happens to be fighting Scorpion in a reveal trailer--dammit!)

I prefer Scorpion over Sub tbh, but yeah they gotta stop beating him up like that. He's not Baraka or Reptile.

And so I cast my vote to inconclusive for the reasons above.

Johnny Cage will always be the best in my books; absolutely nothing stands up to his Nut Busters.

Back