• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch Man General Discussion Thread v14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone mind if I edit Sekingar's Class 5 Lifting Strength to Superhuman? The reasoning for Class 5 lifting strength makes Food Battler's weight the size of a small truck and I don't think that is right.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Why would King scale to anyone?
King scales to normal humans. 12 year old Saitama has wall level durability and he is considered average with no talent.

Tetsucabrah said:
Because Saitama is an average human with no inherent potential and he had wall level durability as a 12 year old.
That doesn't mean every single human has to be Wall level. That just means Saitama specifically had Wall level durability.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Why would King scale to anyone?
Because he is also a normal human like twelve year old Saitama. He is also bigger in build than current Saitama, so maybe he is stronger than the pretee.

That doesn't mean every single human has to be Wall level. That just means Saitama specifically had Wall level durability.

Does it state anywhere in the story that 12 year old Saitama tanking a wall level attack was special or out of ordinary?

It doesn't have to. One person having a decent feat compared to real-life humans doesn't mean we need to assume every human in the whole world has the same level of durability.

Damage3245 said:
It doesn't have to. One person having a decent feat compared to real-life humans doesn't mean we need to assume every human in the whole world has the same level of durability.
That would work if we had an example from a normal person contradictory Wall level durability.

A police officer was shown with wall level durability.

Nullflowerblush said:
Because he is also a normal human like twelve year old Saitama. He is also bigger in build than current Saitama, so maybe he is stronger than the pretee.
So because Saitama is underestimated by people, we should scale other characters to him?

So because Saitama is underestimated by people, we should scale other characters to him?

I don't see the point you are making.

From what I got: "Current Saitama is universally underrated by the HA and general populous, so should we scale the rest of the verse to him because of that?"

Or in other words, we shouldn't just randomly scale people to others based on "what ifs" or "should"s without supporting evidence.

Yeah, that is current Saitama after he trained. How does that apply to the Saitama who didn't train and is still treated like a normal human by Dr. Genus?

Dr. Genus doesn't know anything about Saitama prior to his training.

I might agree if there wasn't other 9-B feats for randos. Like how DC/Marvel has a giant amount of 9-B feats for normal everyday humans in-universe.

The current 9-A rating is based on a 9-B feat preformed by a cop

I mean if a average cop and 12 year old kid is wall level then it could just be OPM humans > irl humans.

What even is Rover's durability rating right now? Apologies if I've somehow missed a CRT somewhere, but

"Survived a casual punch from Saitama when Gouketsu could not."

Y'all realize Saitama struck Gouketsu with intent to kill whilst holding back deliberately against Rover right? How is there a scaling chain here exactly?

Granted I've only skimmed through the thread so far, but I don't see how any of it justify's scaling Rover's dura to Gouketsu's for the reasons given on his page.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
I think we need more feats before we start scaling all random bystanders to 9-B. 10-A infants?
Why do we? It's random people with no training doing these feats. If there was a random person not surviving a wall level attack, then yeah, but random people are surviving wall level attacks.

So, I bought the Onepunch-man data book and it has some interesting things that I had access to.

Lightning Max

Lightiningamaxoi
The lightning fighter who determines his target after attentive vigil !!

• He is a powerful first-class fighter, with a well-trained supple body and intelligence from collecting information! He can quickly understand the situation of the battle and, with a speed that makes him be mistaken for lightning, kills the enemy instantly !! In addition, it boldly defies terrible enemies, and sometimes goes beyond all plans with its impetus to fight with courage.
Lightning Kick
Lightninasmppso

• When jump from a high point and kick the enemy, the powder explodes instantly! It's a secret technique whose speed lives up to the name Lightning !!

Senkou no Flash

The sword judgment is the flash of an instant! The man with the title of the fastest among the heroes of the S class !!
Flashyzoaiois

• The lone swordsman who achieves victory at the speed of light! He is so quick to wield his beloved sword, Shunsatsumaru , that he doesn't even give the enemy a chance to notice him !! Insightful with his sharp eyes, he is one of the most prominent calm figures in the S class.

Lightning Max's shoes use gunpowder to increase his kick speed. Not exactly the best evidence for mach 1.2k speed amps. Also something movong fast being called fast as lightning is rather common tbf.

The Flashy Flash thing we've already been over a couple of times. It's not useable for a FTL upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back