• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch Man General Discussion Thread v11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done. Now what is left to debate is what kind of ability Rover has for curving his energy projectiles.

Quangotjokes said:
New chapter translated

https://********.org/chapter/774562/1
In case it wasn't obvious enough in the past chapter, this chapter makes it clear that Fubuki isn't on Rover's level. Not even close.

She, like she always does, is perceiving herself as the leader of some group that only exists inside her own head, and is attributing things to herself which are not actually her doing.

She has to put exhaust herself just to block / deflect Rover's blast twice to the point of bleeding from exhertion, and in the second time we can clearly see Silverfang using his technique to deflect the blasts with her (And he likely did most of the work there by himself, in all likelyhood).

But Fubuki is delusional and twice she acts like the only reason they're even alive is because of her. And in the second time the brothers just look at her in confusion.

I'm sorry Matt but literally all of that is just baseless incredulity on your part. Like what actually suggests Bang or Bomb did any work blocking that second attack, considering the psychic shield and even the fact that they were suprised they weren't harmed in the slightest?

Is that how you'd put it? I took it as her enhancing their bodies with her psychic energy, as she said "I have reinforced your bodies." But I guess her healing their bodies counts as a form of "reinforcement"

SuperAPM said:
I'm sorry Matt but literally all of that is just baseless incredulity on your part. Like what actually suggests Bang or Bomb did any work blocking that second attack, considering the psychic shield and even the fact that they were suprised they weren't harmed in the slightest?
The fact that we clearly see Bang and Bomb blocking / deflecting the attack IN FRONT of Fubuki.

The fact that when she boasts that they're only alive because of her they give her a look that says "the **** this broad saying".

So yeah. I don't buy Fubuki's statements in the slightest. Unreliability is one of the key cornerstones of One Punch Man.

The story is all about a guy who's the strongest dude in the universe, but who doesn't get any recognition for his strength whatsoever and is frequently assumed to be weak, and about monsters and villains and other heroes who constantly hype themselves up to high heaven and learn the hard way that they're not the strongest around (Whether because they meet Saitama or someone else), and it's a story where a loser otaku with no powers is believed to be the strongest guy in the world due to sheer baseless hype. And where the Organization which evaluates and categorizes the heroes is rather corrupt and incompetent and unreliable themselves.

Yes, I'm well aware that Bang and Bomb attempted to block Rover's blast. But what suggests they actually managed to, you know, do anything? Next page shows them all surrounded by Fubuki's barrier with Bang surprised that he's left unscathed, which frankly leads far more credence to Fubuki shielding most of the blast. Also the fact that both of them are seen kneeling down and patting debree off themselves instead of in a fighting stance after the dust clears, meaning they weren't even attempting to block the attack for half of the duration to begin with.

Everything else is just, yeah, I'm sorry, but I haven't the faintest what that's supposed to prove. I just don't know anymore.

Well, we've seen the blast stayed in one place. And then later, when we actually see Bang deflect, it didn't land on them.

"Everything else is just, yeah, I'm sorry, but I haven't the faintest what that's supposed to prove. I just don't know anymore."

It's called basic storytelling literacy.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The fact that when she boasts that they're only alive because of her they give her a look that says "the **** this broad saying".
No, that was not a "The **** this broad saying" face, it was a "I'm unscathed? And, she protected me?" face. The previous panel clearly displays them as startled and confused by the fact that they are unharmed by the attack that they thought they would have to deflect and get hurt by.

She blocked one direct attack and another massive one at point blank range. Its just an updated version of the webcomic scene to me, so she should scale to Rover. Well "scale" in the sense that she can block two attacks before becoming extremely exhausted.

I've been working on Rover's summary page. It has Webcomic canon in it like Garou overpowering Rover or Genos being there.

SuperAPM said:
Any suggestions?

So, final thoughts as this is the last time Rover fights in the story and the webcomic has shown no more fights with Rover.

Does Rover have Homing Attack?

He can arc attacks, but I don't know if they're homing. If nothing else they can change direction mid-flight.

I would also change his AP and Durability to this as well:

AP: (Considered to be one of the strongest members of Monter Association, even by Bang himself. Would have greatly damaged both Bang and Bomb had one of his attacks connencted)

Durability: (Took zero damage from Garou's strongest attack. Survived a punch from Saitama that caused the entire Ma base to quake)

Yeah, i'll fix Rover's Durability. It noted Bang one shotting 2 dragons as a noteably feat of Durability and claimed Saitama punches Rover causally, when we know now he was holding back.

Bang states OR was weakened. Why was he weakened again? It's been some time since i last readed OPM

Oh, yeah you're right. I couldn't remember if the punch happened after or before Bang and the others fought him.

GyroNutz said:
Bang one shotting two dragons hasn't been retconned yet
I know, but it already has the Cross fang dragon slayer fist as a notable feat that was stated to be stronger than the attack on Elder Centipede. Having the fact Bang one shotting Dragons with the abandonment is not notable enough to keep on Rover's Durability section.

Comparing Bang's attack on EC is better to keep as Rover and EC weren't attack with the abandonment.

So the more important question to ask is do we downgrade the 7-As to "At least 7-B" now. Since, unless Genos comes next chapter, Rover won't have any direct strength comparison to Goketsu.

Story context says Saitama's punch vs Rover was stronger than the Emperor Nova tbh. Everyone reacted to his punch, even Orochi. Also Genos who was miles away at that point.

The Emperor Nova was only felt by the surface team.

@SuperAPM sorry, I can't edit Rover's AP as things are now. Bang's statement holds no water since the only monster he has met is Rover. Bang met EC but Bang said "one of the strongest".

I can put in "Would have greatly damaged both Bang and Bomb had one of his attacks connencted" as Bang and Bomb did seem surprise coming out undamaged, but I would have note it was one of Rover's charged blast.

The emperor nova was a focused energy beam that simply pierced through everything it touched, wheras Saitama's punch had its force spread outwards due to the shockwave it created. It doesn't indicate what attack is more powerful, it simply demonstrates that the latter attack was better at spreading its energy over a larger AoE than the former due to its focused nature.

Regardless, nobody (that isn't already rated higher) currently scales to Rover's durability, so it wouldn't matter much.

Yeah no one scales to Rover's durability. I agree with that.

I still think the evidence leans heavily towards Saitama's punch being stronger than the Nova.

Plus it's Saitama, the strongest attack of a top hero being weaker than a punch with no killing intent from THE One Punch Man isn't farfetched at all.

Everyone ok with this?

"Energy Projection (Can rapidly fire in median blasts, charge up to create a bigger blast, and change direction in mid flight)"

@SuperAPM i'm going to edit your ******** links just in case ******** ever close down like the other sites. I'll still use those same images.

******** links actually shouldn't be used in general. They tend to 404 after a couple hours. A dedicated image site or directly uploading is preferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back