• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch Man General Discussion Thread v11

Status
Not open for further replies.
SuperAPM said:
He doesn't already? Is it news to people that an overgrown mutt would have extremely acute senses?
Rover has never actually shown Enhanced Senses before this. With his previous fights with Garou and Saitama, his opponents didn't hide from him.

SuperAPM said:
But like....he's a big doggo
Yeah but... that would be assuming and without feats, it would only be speculation on how good Enhanced Senses is. But now we do have a feat. Yay!

Yeah I noticed that as well. Is there an ability that would fall under, it might be worth documenting that on his page.

I would just say Homing Attack and Bang and Bomb just has superior speed to avoid it but idk.

Also holy shit, that's probably the most amount of damage I've seen done to that base so far, that entire section has been ****** to oblivion.

Like legit initially I thought this was some special area due to how open it was, but naaaaah bruh Rover's profession is apparantly in contruction or some shit

When the hell is the manga going to start moving along the story? Jesus christ the pacing is incredibly slow rn compared to the webcomic. I was hoping to see the Darkshine vs Garou fight but the next 2 chapters were just filler and side stories that do nothing. Especially with how damn short the chapters are. It's gonna be months if not years before we get good stuff

Pacing has always been a problem with the manga. Murata likes to do long action scenes and big spreads. Which are really cool, but them you get stuff like 100~ pages of stuff dedicated to a fight with Elder Centipede that ultimately isn't super important in the long run. Compound this with ONE wanting to expand the MA and future elements (The Orginization, Ninja clans, corrupt HA, and the Neo-Heroes), this leads to a lot of slow down compared to the webcomic.

Its just a trade off for impressive action and a expanded universe.

An expand universe is fine, but do we really need some much that you can skip 10, 15 chapters and not miss anything important to the plot? I wish they would either speed up the pacing some more or go back to making long 50+ pages chapters to get through the filler faster. And more action kinda gets irritating when all we've been doing is jumping from side character fight after side character fight. I'll come back to the manga 3 months later and it's kinda disappointing when there hasn't been any progress in the conflict at all

The reason the manga is superior to the Webcomic isn't just the art but the story and the pacing that comes with it. The Manga Arc as a whole is superior to the Webcomic.

People want things "Now Now Now" but I want things to be epic and amazing and that can only be accomplished with time. Like One Piece.

Actually I'd wager the manga is only better in art and characters, pacing no. Also that's probably why i hate the slow ass pacing. I could never read One Piece because of how long it is. Time time time? Waiting months for new chapters for nothing to move

Even in One Piece the forced weekly format makes it a lot more streamlined. Even with that you get arcs like Dressrosa that drags on at times. OPM does improve with bindge readings, but it still has issues with long fights and a bouncing PoV.

More then that, i just want to see some more Garou action. Murata is ******* blueballing us with the Darkshine and Garou fight but 2 chapters go by without touching back on it instead we get more side character fights. Why are they so short anyways? They're like 15 pages max.

New chapters have been short so that they can be released quickly....quicker than what they used to be back when they were longer per chapter. If Murata went back to that we'd have to wait longer for each chapter.

So, don't expect anymore Child Emperor vs Phoenix Man fights to satisfy people who hate long pacing and go back to fights that are short like My Hero Academia?

But we were only able to gauge how powerful Garou's attack were from knocking out Puri Puri, who recovered quickly from Nyan Nyan's attack, which we saw later on how destructive it was from Drive Knight's fight.

Each fight in the series has a purpose.

Yes go back to shorter fights with the side characters if the fights don't serve an important and I do mean important part of the story. Each fight has a purpose sure but I'd also like to get to the main story.

Bedroombedrock said:
Yes go back to shorter fights with the side characters if the fights don't serve an important and I do mean important part of the story. Each fight has a purpose sure but I'd also like to get to the main story.
But those fights are the main story. What do you mean?

The main story of OPM is with the S Class, which will involves Child Emperor after the Garou vs Saitama fight.

There is a main story further beyond the Monster Association Arc. The MA arc is just a part of the main story. Crazy, I know.

The point of OPM is Saitama's fights are mostly one shots while everyone else has epic fights. That's how you sell the reader the idea of how much of an Overpowered guy Saitama is compare in his universe.

Actually, we are right on the edge of the 3rd part of the arc. This arc is going to be finish same time next year, by my estimate.

It took 1 year to go through the first two parts of the Monster Association invasion.

Wonder if Rover will be damaged this time?

Also it kinda looks like his fireballs home in somewhat, the way they curved around to target Bomb/Bang.

True. It could be homing attack but there needs to be a little bit of debating for it.

ElixirBlue said:
"Enhanced Senses (Rover was able to detect the location of Bang, Bomb, and Fubuki through the noise and smell of his own rapid-fire blasts)"
Also, with the translation, Rover should also have stealth and an intelligence increase for that stealth. At least a note because he did ambush them without letting them know he was coming.

Before I add Stealth, I want to word it out here first and get some people's opinion.

"Stealth Mastery (Able to sneak up on Bang, Bomb and Fubuki without being detected till he smashed through the wall, despite being a Large Size Type 1 and during his rampage with loud energy projectiles.)"

Intelligence: "Animalistic (Slightly more than that of an average dog. Presumably higher, able to use stealth on Bang, Bomb and Fubuki for an ambush)"

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back