• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch Man General Discussion Thread v10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The supersonic downgrade to A-Class heroes because of the Iaian recalc was unwarranted. I don't think anything about it deconfirms the Grizzly Nyah/Genos scaling that was applied to Lightning Genji & Stinger.

- A-Class heroes should go back to "at least supersonic, possibly high hypersonic"

- Child Emperor, Iaian, Okamaitachi, and Bushidrill should be "at least hypersonic, possibly high hypersonic."

Iaian's bullet blitzing feat didn't set a high end for his speed, and he shouldn't be slower than lower ranked A-Class heroes.

Edit: Also, why were some A-Class heroes rolled back to 9-A?

You do realize that the cop calc only applies to durability, right? Being able to survive being pummeled into a wall and getting a 9-A durability rating does not mean you'd get a 9-A AP rating. Plus there's zero reason why the A-Class heroes who use ranged weapons should be substantially below the others simply because they use ranged weapons.

Yeah I never got the random HH removal, especially when there was never a CRT for it. Iaian, Stinger, and CE should at least scale to the meteor reaction feat.

<dive class="quote"> Being able to survive being pummeled into a wall and getting a 9-A durability rating does not mean you'd get a 9-A AP rating. </div>

Durability cross scaling. A can harm B, and B can harm A. So their AP is within the range of durability.

As for gadgets they don't have good enough physical feats I gues.

Wait, they were supposed to be rated as HH in speed? I thought that was some weird hold over that no one bothered to get rid of?

I still don't really see how that means Magic Trick Man, One Shotter, and Golden Ball are massively weaker than the others. No good reason why they shouldn't be High 8-C with their weapons, and honestly even with their regular stats. One-Shotter's sniper round got 15 points from Rhino Wrestler, which is above what many of the regular physical A-Class fighters got. Golden Ball pierced Garou's legs. Magic Trick Man is in the top third of A-Class, and while he doesn't have any incredible feats, it'd be very strange for him to be alone in being massively weaker. They all should scale.

The issue with Golden Ball is that even his strongest slingshot attack was effortlessly deflected by Kombu's vine whip, and past that a casual slam through some grates and a wall was enough to put him out of commission. Mustachio was at least capable of piercing one of his kombu with his Tomboy and fighting through many more presumably casual attacks. And even then he only slightly scales (I'd only say his sword would elicit such rating but nobody agreed with this.) One Shotter was another one that was obviously much less proficient as a fighter without his sniper rifle, and Magic Trick Man relies more on trickery rather than actual power.

I'd honestly argue that there should be more gadget based heroes, but this was largely contentious so I don't even know if this is worth bringing up.

EDIT: Hold on, I'm dumb. I forgot to give One Shotters sniper rifle a High 8-C+ rating. Apologies.

Could you maybe scale Stinger to weakened Garou's speed? By calcing his feat of deflecting the death storm or whatever it's called. And Stinger tagging weakened Garou

I could possibly see that, but Garou was gradually healing by the time he deflected Death Shower. At the very least he was stronger by way of using abandonment, so he would have been faster than when Stinger slightly tagged him during the beginning of the fight.

Anyway, if we're scaling these characters off of a normal police officer, shouldn't anyone A or B-Class level be "At least 9-A" at the minimum?

SuperAPM said:
Wait, they were supposed to be rated as HH in speed? I thought that was some weird hold over that no one bothered to get rid of?
It was a hold over, but the speed scaling still existed. It just wasn't properly updated.

Chaingunfighter1 said:
Anyway, if we're scaling these characters off of a normal police officer, shouldn't anyone A or B-Class level be "At least 9-A" at the minimum?
The calc is high end 9-B afaik. Its just super close to 9-A. Which is why B-Class would probably qualify for 9-A, dunno about C-Class.

I get that, but having them scaling to HH based on dodging its attack seemed as egregious as rating them at 7-C+ because they were able to greatly damage it.

HH is because Genos reacted to the meteor, but he and MK were incapable of damaging said meteor. They can scale to speed without scaling to AP. Same with Stinger and Electric Rollerblade Man.

I understand that for Genos, but Stinger and Genji were capable of greatly damaging and even piercing off the cats arm. Said cat is currently rated at 7-C+. So if they don't scale AP wise why would they scale to its speed?

Inconsistent with other showings like with DSK or other Demons. But Super, in both cases the old ratings were just "possibly 7-C/HH", not a straight rating.

Well I'd say regardless it should be treated as an outlier. Especially if we're not scaling them to possibly 7-C+, I don't see why we would still give them a possibly HH rating inspite of that.

Tetsucabrah said:
Could you maybe scale Stinger to weakened Garou's speed?
By calcing his feat of deflecting the death storm or whatever it's called. And Stinger tagging weakened Garou
What do you think about this, Qawsed?

Using the anime timeframe, 8 seconds, it's 1125 bullets per sec

It's worth noticing Garou didn't deflect all the bullets tho but only the ones that would have hit the bedroom where Tareo was.

Yeah it could probably work. Dunno how you would calc it though. Maybe get the distance between the bullets or determine how many arm movements he would've needed to make in order to deflect everything.

Yeah, that would probably work best. I might give it a try but i'm not familiar with calcs that involve arm movement like this.

I think you would need something similar to the AS calc, where you determine how far his hands would need to move out and in to deflect all of the shots.

It's kind of an underwhelming movement because the bullets are reaaaally close to each other if not literally touching each other.

Actually, now that i look at it better, only hand movement is necessary so it's way easier than i thought.

SuperAPM said:
I understand that for Genos, but Stinger and Genji were capable of greatly damaging and even piercing off the cats arm. Said cat is currently rated at 7-C+. So if they don't scale AP wise why would they scale to its speed?
I agree with this. If it's an outlier for AP then it's an outlier for speed too. You can't have your cake and eat it.

The Class A heroes who fought Garou would scale. Since Stinger can tag him, Glasses is somewhat comparable as well, etc.

Like I said above, this was done when Garou started to recover towards the end of the fight, and had Abandonment activated. Stinger only managed to slightly tag Garou during the beginning of the fight when he was at his weakest.

I won't say weakest. Garou was caught off guard by the A class formation. But after he analyzed the formation, he knew how to strategically take them out one by one. He even baited Stringer to charge after Garou started taking them down one by one.

The A class fight complements Garou's combat intelligence.

Garou was so beaten down by previous fights with Metal bat,Watchdog man then got knocked out by Saitama and caught fever that is the reason he was having some difficulty in fighting against A classes and B classes like Glasses only when his *fighting spirit" started in the end did he start to recover his original strength and then fought on par with Genos

So, you are saying Garou's combat intelligence didn't matter in that fight and he could've essentially went Saitama on the A class? (Saitama doesn't use combat intelligence in his fights)

No,I meant that he needed combat intelligence because he was weakened by alot of beat down so basically if he was at his full strength like he wouldn't need intelligence and would have one shotted all of them so I disagree with Glasses and Stinger scaling to him if someone says it thats is

The conversation is about Glasses and Stringer scaling to Weaken Garou who needed to use his Combat intelligence to take down the A class.

Weaker Garou was still stronger than Stinger and just one shotted him with water stream rock smashing fist so he should not scale and I agree with SuperAPM that Garou was stronger when he was against Deathshower

yep matthew was right, murata is redrawing child emperor vs phoenix man for the third ******* time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back