• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Are we forgetting that Garou’s best trait isnt pure power? Psykorochi and Tatsumaki can be more powerful than him but he can be “stronger” by just being completely ass-blasting broken in speed and technique.

I don’t think the “Boros = Garou” statements are valid anymore, at least, they only apply to the webcomic unless stated otherwise, just like how the Mob vs Tatsumaki statement from ONE is not valid to Manga Tatsumaki. As it stands, Tatsumaki is pretty top tier outside of Saitama and CSRC and Blast.

I really hope Murata expands Garou's skill feats, so he ranks higher on the most skilled thread
I feel like if they want to make the fight more impressive than Psykorochi vs Tats it will have to be in another planet.
It already requires some suspension of disbelief for things like serious punch and God Blast to happen on earth without mass extinctions, if something even bigger than that were to happen on earth it would be ridiculous.
Also Garou doesn't have to be the one doing the AP feats directly, he seems much tankier than Boros, so all it takes is him surviving Saitama punching him hard enough to make a large crater on mars and we all good

Saitama tableflips the base and Garou past the moon. Garou uses Whirlwhind Cutting Fist to cut the moon in half and then kicks it at Saitama. Tatsumaki puts the moon back together later on.

Isn't the soil of mars toxic and radioactive?
Would they get resistance to toxins/ radiaction as a bonus?
Yeah it's toxic, but it wouldn't kill you if you were around for 5-10 minutes, assuming you don't die of exposure. It probably wouldn't give any kind of resistance.

But... you have to consider that Garou and Saitama would have to cross several 100 million km of space to get there, they'd realistically get radiation resistance from being in a vacuum for any considerable period of time. I know we discussed Saitama having minor radiation resistance based on his trip to the moon, but I guess it was too short to worth putting it on his profile?

I think we all would like that. It'd be cool if he destroyed Mars or something
I literally thought about him doing something like that.

Elon Musk and SpaceX be like:
eca.jpg

Are we forgetting that Garou’s best trait isnt pure power? Psykorochi and Tatsumaki can be more powerful than him but he can be “stronger” by just being completely ass-blasting broken in speed and technique.
Because that would contradict the entire point of Garou's arc? Him wanting to be the strongest monster? Him simply being faster would be bullshit

Garou’s arc is hypocritical in the first place because he talks about ”going to kill that unsightly kid” and acting like he’s actually going to, but Saitama points out he isn’t even walking in the right direction. His whole arc is hypocritical. Cool? Yes. Hypocritical?? Also yes. He’s a “monster”, the monster that protects humans, stops bullies, helps a child and kills other monsters but leaves humans alive.

He can be the “strongest monster” by being more skilled and faster, but being weaker in pure destructive power. That’s been his ENTIRE STHICK since day one; Tank Top Master spelled it out for everyone in his hospital bed.

He clearly also starts to grow in destructive power as well tho?? He starts beating monsters and characters who previously crushed him. Like Royal ripper and Dark shine, who claims his duration as being indestructible, and garou made him bleed, hurt and afraid. In the case of OPM, skill isn't everything to get you to the top. He even starts to break his limiter like Saitama does, no other character has done that other than maybe boros, but that's never stated at all (one could argue he's just a prodigy)

He destroyed Darkshine purely because of skill and technique.

Royal Ripper got blitzed by speed.

So I stand corrected.

Breaking your limiter also has nothing to do with strength, but how your body reacts to continuous strain and near death experience to “evolve”.

Garou's latest forms in the WC are totally focused on power, so ... unless the manga changes that, it may be that he made interesting power.

Garou’s arc is hypocritical in the first place
Derailing a bit from the powerscaling aspect, that's always fascinated me: hypocritical characters. Some are executed well, like in the case of Garou, but others are executed poorly, mainly when they aren't meant to be hypocritical, but end up being that way (looking at you, Naruto).

One of the things I find fascinating about hypocritical characters is that it's real, whether executed poorly or badly. Some people are blatantly hypocrites, finding loopholes and doing mental gymnastics in order to justify their hypocrisy (e.g. Garou), and some people can be completely oblivious to their hypocrisy, saying one thing and doing another without even being conscious that they're doing it (e.g. EVERY time Naruto mentions hard work and determination, but relies on the Nine Tails, something that he was granted with at birth and took no work to attain).

So yeah, hypocritical characters. Alright, do continue.

Garou's raw power is very high. Yeah skill is a major part of his kit and mainly what he relies on, showed when he started getting dominated by Saitama after he switched to raw destructive force over precise and masterful skill, but that doesn't in any way mean he lacks strength.

He would of died if he didn't outskill and outspeed Darkshine tho

Derailing a bit from the powerscaling aspect, that's always fascinated me: hypocritical characters. Some are executed well, like in the case of Garou, but others are executed poorly, mainly when they aren't meant to be hypocritical, but end up being that way (looking at you, Naruto).

One of the things I find fascinating about hypocritical characters is that it's real, whether executed poorly or badly. Some people are blatantly hypocrites, finding loopholes and doing mental gymnastics in order to justify their hypocrisy (e.g. Garou), and some people can be completely oblivious to their hypocrisy, saying one thing and doing another without even being conscious that they're doing it (e.g. EVERY time Naruto mentions hard work and determination, but relies on the Nine Tails, something that he was granted with at birth and took no work to attain).

So yeah, hypocritical characters. Alright, do continue.
Yeah, can't stress enough how good Garou is. OPM has especially good writing after the season 1 section of the series, with the DSK arc giving a glimpse of how good ONE can be. But I think it goes without question that Garou is, by a wide margin, the best thing in OPM so far. Although some might disagree with me on that.

Although, about Naruto, I don't know about that. Naruto actually got pretty strong in Part 1 alone through hard work and determination alone. I do wish he relied on the Nine-Tails a bit less than he did, but Naruto does actually out a lot of effort into getting stronger, and it's shown time and time again throughout the series. As for his powers literally being centered around the Nine-Tails, the thing with that is that it could be said that their friendship is even a byproduct of Naruto's determination, anyways. And thus I would still say that's fine.

If you're responding to me, I literally said it's a major part of his kit and what he relies on, but also that he doesn't lack power.

Edit: And furthermore, he would've died if he DID lack power anyways. Skill and speed weren't completely carrying him. I don't know why you're saying that Garou only has and only needs one thing, but not the other. He has extremely high strength, which greatly compliments his insanely high speed and skill.

I know that, but the point is that Garou does grow stronger too. And if he didn't grow stronger in order to overcome darkshine's dura, he wouldn't have defeated him. Strength is also an important factor

Back