• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The sisters arc actually fell flat compared to the webcomic. Not in terms of plot obviously, but characterization.

We already figured out Tatsumaki had abandonment issues from Blast. They didn't really go more into Tatsumaki's capture except that it was part of an experiment to give people psychic powers (not that it's not interesting, but exposition really was an unsatisfactory method of reveal) and although the bonding between Saitama and Tatsumaki was sweet, it was too shallow and late into the fight to really mean anything.

The webcomic made me feel much more sympathy for the character than Murata's work which kind of felt like they were afraid to cut away from the action to explore the psychological underpinnings of the character in detail, so it left her moments of character development, like allowing Fubuki to keep her friends, feel kind of empty. Considering her some of her most defining traits in the webcomic, such as her willingness to **** things up as well as her uncaring attitude has been reduced to make her a much more likable character, it feels kind of disappointing that they didn't really do anything more interesting with her character settings.

Ironically, Fubuki shined the most during this arc to me, albeit not really for the reasons most would think. It was interesting to see how manipulative, jaded and cynical as a teenager she was as well as how she depends on others to improve herself. Her relationship with Psykos was also a wonderful surprise. Not to mention, Fubuki admitting how horrible of a person she was in the past and making amends for that is very relatable.I would have preferred it if both sisters had the same amount of characterization though, especially since Tatsumaki had most of screen time.

The sisters arc actually fell flat compared to the webcomic. Not in terms of plot obviously, but characterization.

We already figured out Tatsumaki had abandonment issues from Blast. They didn't really go more into Tatsumaki's capture except that it was part of an experiment to give people psychic powers (not that it's not interesting, but exposition really was an unsatisfactory method of reveal) and although the bonding between Saitama and Tatsumaki was sweet, it was too shallow and late into the fight to really mean anything.

The webcomic made me feel much more sympathy for the character than Murata's work which kind of felt like they were afraid to cut away from the action to explore the psychological underpinnings of the character in detail, so it left her moments of character development, like allowing Fubuki to keep her friends, feel kind of empty. Considering her some of her most defining traits in the webcomic, such as her willingness to **** things up as well as her uncaring attitude has been reduced to make her a much more likable character, it feels kind of disappointing that they didn't really do anything more interesting with her character settings.

Ironically, Fubuki shined the most during this arc to me, albeit not really for the reasons most would think. It was interesting to see how manipulative, jaded and cynical as a teenager she was as well as how she depends on others to improve herself. Her relationship with Psykos was also a wonderful surprise. Not to mention, Fubuki admitting how horrible of a person she was in the past and making amends for that is very relatable.I would have preferred it if both sisters had the same amount of characterization though, especially since Tatsumaki had most of screen time.
summary:i don't like this arc because is not the same has the webcomic,even if the author is the one in supervision of this

I mean, yeah, he's not wrong that this arc wasn't as great as it's webcomic counterpart. I pretty much agree with everything there.

Tatsumaki's character wasn't fully adapted, so she's basically just a tsundere asshole in the manga, rather than the psycho she was in the webcomic. Which honestly sucks because it feels like the manga is constantly censoring things like this. I don't understand why either. OPM is supposed to be a seinen let it feels like it is trying to be more clean and less graphic than some shounens. That's been one of my biggest complaints about the series throughout it's entire run tbh. And Tatsumaki being stripped of all her deeper and more negative character traits is just another example of it.

The Tatsumaki vs Saitama fight had good art as expected. The ending was also cute I suppose.

Fubuki was good.

I'm not sure where they plan to go with that new villain guy that was introduced for like 2 chapters. Like where tf did he go? Lol.

Maybe I missed something.

I don't think there is nothing to miss about WC Tatsumaki, she is a psycho gremlin and little more than that (unless you are into it, I guess). I'm happy that ONE decided to do something else with the character and make her an actual human.

Ending was nice and we got insight into why Tatsumaki is the way she is.

Felt Fubuki could have done more but the flashbacks to highschool days were interesting to see and props to her for figuring out a way to not get Tatsumaki penalized for the billions of dollars in property damage. I want to see what happens with her and Psykos next.

Apollo left because he got his butt kicked, the threat itself seems to be Tsukuyomi and a showing of how the HA doesn't have an issue in making deals with shady organizations for money, which ties into the Neo Heroes arc which is being introduced in a slower manner in the manga. I think the next chapters we are going to catch up with the other heroes as the situation keeps developing, Child Emperor already seems pretty displeased.

btw I said it before but Air, the A Class hero with a boomerang got probably turned into a cyborg by Organization spies

make her an actual human
Nah, they took away her more negative and human traits and left with her with the personality of a standard tsundere asshole in anime. She is in no way more human in the manga lol, she's just not as characterized.

Nah, they took away her more negative and human traits and left with her with the personality of a standard tsundere asshole in anime. She is in no way more human in the manga lol, she's just not as characterized.
I don't think there is anything to salvage from a psycho gremlin that has no issue in burying alive her fellow heroes, terrorizing her sister or sending children to space lol

I don't think there is anything to salvage from a psycho gremlin that has no issue in burying alive her fellow heroes, terrorizing her sister or sending children to space lol

Tatsumaki and Fubuki still cripples people. Garou crippled people and casually revelled in serial murder until he realized he accidentally murdered a kid (and let's be honest, how much of that grief is because they were friends?) and PPP is a casual, unrepentant rapist who is left to roam freely despite being literal fodder to his peers.

Now compare all that to the webcomic where Tatsumaki is regarded as Dragon level threat and is seen sitting in solitude.

The point isn't that wc Tatsumaki did horrible crap. Tons of manga one punch man heroes do horrible crap. But her horribleness was a little more important to her character than a gag or shock factor and it was integral to her projectory as a person moving on into the future.

Tatsumaki and Fubuki still cripples people. Garou crippled people and casually revelled in serial murder until he realized he accidentally murdered a kid (and let's be honest, how much of that grief is because they were friends?) and PPP is a casual, unrepentant rapist who is left to roam freely despite being literal fodder to his peers.

Now compare all that to the webcomic where Tatsumaki is regarded as Dragon level threat and is seen sitting in solitude.

The point isn't that wc Tatsumaki did horrible crap. Tons of manga one punch man heroes do horrible crap. But her horribleness was a little more important to her character than a gag or shock factor and it was integral to her projectory as a person moving on into the future.
In summary: I feel that they took all of Tatsumaki's character development that made her interesting as a character in the web comic, for understandable reasons sure, but didn't (this point is important) do any serious work to make her a similarly deep and fleshed out character in the manga.

In summary: I feel that they took all of Tatsumaki's character development that made her interesting as a character in the web comic, for understandable reasons sure, but didn't (this point is important) do any serious work to make her a similarly deep and fleshed out character in the manga.

I understand your point about Tatsumaki's characterization, but I feel like the things you want/like or is absent in this arc about Tatsumaki's character has mostly been explored and touched upon in the manga's extended Monster Association Arc, I think it's unfair to say that the manga didn't do the serious work on portraying her because they did.

For personality, yes, the manga changed her to be way less of a psycho, but I think that make sense with the changes and diverging story between the webcomic and manga.

Tatsumaki's major influence in life was Blast, and WC Blast was shown in the flashback to be indifferent and kind of a jerk to Tatsumaki when saving her as compared to Manga Blast, so the differences of WC and Manga Tatsumaki in personality can be attributed to that.

The way I see it is that the MA arc did a good job at fleshing her character. Her motivation did get touched upon as I recall with the brief meeting with Fubuki in the MA arc. She was also able to develop as a character by her eventual willingness to work with Genos and her resolve on her ideals is shown when she rejected God's persuasion attempt.

The manga simply focuses on a different direction to her character than the direction taken in the Webcomic.

Short version: I believe the manga's portrayal of Tatsumaki's character has been fleshed out in the previous arc (MA) as compared to the webcomic different approach. That explains why the manga version of the Psychic Sisters arc is more focused on combat and is there to mostly confirm parts of her characterization that has already been explored in the MA arc.

Last edited:
Short version: I believe the manga's portrayal of Tatsumaki's character has been fleshed out in the previous arc (MA) as compared to the webcomic different approach. That explains why the manga version of the Psychic Sisters arc is more focused on combat and is there to mostly confirm parts of her characterization that has already been explored in the MA arc.
I'm glad you're satisfied, but saying Tatsumaki's WC sister arc characterization equivalent already occured in the monster association arc is kind of disingenuous.

In truth, the manga didn't explore why or how Tatsumaki got back in contact with Fubuki, they didn't explain how she got taken by the psychic organization (in the wc her parents gave her away), and they didn't use the opportunity of introducing the new character to explore the interactions between Tatsumaki and her captors, all of which the WC did in a short, concise manner.

It's not like it would have taken them much to do so either, nor did they necessarily have to explore the same things. The WC, though, did all of this in a very concise manner, yet it was still evocative of the emotions they wanted the reader to feel. It was just objectively better in getting us to feel something about this character (whether entertained or disgusted).

Last edited:
I'm glad you're satisfied, but saying Tatsumaki's WC sister arc characterization equivalent already occured in the monster association arc is kind of disingenuous.

In truth, the manga didn't explore why or how Tatsumaki got back in contact with Fubuki, they didn't explain how she got taken by the psychic organization (in the wc her parents gave her away), and they didn't use the opportunity of introducing the new character to explore the interactions between Tatsumaki and her captors, all of which the WC did in a short, concise manner.

It's not like it wouldn't have taken them much to do so either. The WC did all of this in a very concise manner, but still evocative of the emotions they wanted the reader to feel. It was just objectively better in getting us to feel something about this character.
I'm unclear on what you mean by this, I read the webcomic version of the arc again, and the examples you described and are in the webcomic, already mostly occured in chapter 137 of the manga in the MA arc with some minor differences. It's similarly concise as in the webcomic, and to repeat myself, the core of it is very similar. I think the opinion on whether the webcomic is better at evoking emotions in this instance is more on personal preference to be honest.

In the manga, she does explain that her parents sold her off, and the brief interaction with scientists and Tatsumaki when the hybrid monster escaped is enough to imply what the condition of her situation is. She also freed Fubuki in Chapter 182 in the flasback, I assume that's what you meant by contacting her? If not, correct me.

That's why I said the characterization happened earlier in the manga version, it seems as if you're confirming my points. Can you clarify if I misunderstood your post somewhere?

Last edited:
I'm unclear on what you mean by this, I read the webcomic version of the arc again, and the examples you described and are in the webcomic, already mostly occured in chapter 137 of the manga in the MA arc with some minor differences. It's similarly concise as in the webcomic, and to repeat myself, the core of it is very similar. I think the opinion on whether the webcomic is better at evoking emotions in this instance is more on personal preference to be honest.

In the manga, she does explain that her parents sold her off, and the brief interaction with scientists and Tatsumaki when the hybrid monster escaped is enough to imply what the condition of her situation is. She also freed Fubuki in Chapter 182 in the flasback, I assume that's what you meant by contacting her? If not, correct me. That's why I said the characterization happened earlier in the manga version, it seems as if you're confirming my points. Can you clarify if I misunderstood your post somewhere?
Yeah, I see your point.

people here complaining that tatsumaki wasnt as psycho as she is in the webcomic just forgot the fact that tatsumaki almost killed herself in order to protect everyone agaisnt psykorochi.
her personality has been changed A LONG TIME AGO.
If it was webcomic’s tatsumaki agaisnt psykorochi, every single hero would be dead by now but saitama and flashy lol
so, i don’t think that tearing people appart still fits her personality.

Last edited:
You CANNOT expected Tatsumaki to be 100=100 to the webcomic since her development is COMPLETELY different in both timelines…
We had many panels of Tatsumaki just acting like a big sister that really loves her young sister, doing whatever she needs to do in order to protect her, even things that herself don’t want and dont like to do…
She barely shows any emotion to fubuki in WC, in WC Tatsumaki and Fubuki just have a very toxic and obssessive relationship.

I DOUBT WEBCOMIC’S TATSUMAKI WOULD EVER CALL FUBUKI TO GO OUT FOR A DINNER PLANNING TO SAVE PSYKOS

Last edited:
Also, i dont think that the term “tsundere” fits Tatsumaki
yeah, she’s aggressive, but she doenst have that hidden lovely personality, she is just the way she is with some trauma issues oof

I think that in WC heroes are a lot more psycho than their manga counterpart. Tatsumaki is the most remarkable one because her personality was way worse in WC, but most if not all of them are way better in manga. For example, Bang, who needed the help of his brother in WC because "he may kill Garou", while in Manga he actually cares more about Garou than anything else (and in manga Bang came to look for Garou and "be his father", while in WC, he didn't. Or at least he wasn't shown to).

Heroes in manga are way more heroic than in WC, that's (imo) one of the points of why Garou vs S Class didn't happen, because that fight was to show the hypocrisy of S Class, while in Manga, although some of them may be hypocrital, they're not too bad heroes and care about others' life more than any other thing (although sometimes there are exceptions)

I think that in WC heroes are a lot more psycho than their manga counterpart. Tatsumaki is the most remarkable one because her personality was way worse in WC, but most if not all of them are way better in manga. For example, Bang, who needed the help of his brother in WC because "he may kill Garou", while in Manga he actually cares more about Garou than anything else (and in manga Bang came to look for Garou and "be his father", while in WC, he didn't. Or at least he wasn't shown to).

Heroes in manga are way more heroic than in WC, that's (imo) one of the points of why Garou vs S Class didn't happen, because that fight was to show the hypocrisy of S Class, while in Manga, although some of them may be hypocrital, they're not too bad heroes and care about others' life more than any other thing (although sometimes there are exceptions)
people expect the manga to follow webcomic exactly the way it is, just like a copy and paste.
But, this is LITERALLY impossible, you just analysis and see, the history is already COMPLETELY different.
There’s no development and no space for a psycho tatsumaki after all she have done, AT BEST she’s narcisist, tatsumaki is not even close to the old grimlin she used to be

just to remember everyone, tatsumaki was actually trying to kill everyone in wc when she lifted the monster association base, she didnt protect a single hero LOL
and EVEN SAID that they’re just on her way ☠️

This isn't even true. Garou doesn't show "the hypocrisy of the S Class" in the wc he just beats them down and mocks them for not being able to stop him, he calls Pig God a useless fat **** that can't save anyone and steps on Iaian's face while taunting Atomic bc he can't do anything without a sword.

Did any of you guys actually read the wc 😐

To be fair, I think most of us don't fully remember the details of the older chapters in the webcomic and manga since it was so long ago and we may have distorted recollections of events on some parts of the story. And rereading chapters can be tedious, even if it's a good one.

Amai Mask was the one hero I really wish Garou beat the shit out of on his hunt
there are a few interesting Garou fights that never came to be and were probably missed opportunities
Garou vs Drive Knight being the big one, along with maybe Garou vs some metal knight drones. Human Garou vs Iaian would have been absolutely amazing too
And of course, a canon Garou vs Suiryu would have been great too
Although Garou vs child emperor not happening makes sense obviously since Garou loves children as we all know.

Amai Mask was the one hero I really wish Garou beat the shit out of on his hunt
there are a few interesting Garou fights that never came to be and were probably missed opportunities
Garou vs Drive Knight being the big one, along with maybe Garou vs some metal knight drones. Human Garou vs Iaian would have been absolutely amazing too
And of course, a canon Garou vs Suiryu would have been great too
Although Garou vs child emperor not happening makes sense obviously since Garou loves children as we all know.
Tfw Garou hurt Mumen Rider more than Amai Mask.

Back