• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
And there’s a 3x difference from the 5-C calc and baseline, so no backscaling to High 6-A+ here.

I’m still not entirely sure about Psykos scaling, but I suppose I’m outvoted here.

Either Psykos scales or Tatsumaki doesn't scale to 5-C at all IMO.

She performed the feat extremely casually. In Mob Psycho 100 terms, that feat would be like 1-10% Tatsumaki, while her fighting Psykos would be like 90-100% Tatsumaki.

Interesting. I have problems with Genos and Psykorochi downscaling. Tatsumaki showing more effort against Neuron Psykos doesn't mean anything because she was suppressed. When she removes the heroes' barriers, she casually destroys Neuron Psykos, even while severely weakened. This calc would imply casual Tatsumaki while barraging the ship was stronger than when fighting Psykos, and that the feat was actually higher than 4 Teratons.

But is the feat acceptable if it takes anime timeframes?

If Hercule was Low 7-B, how would he fair against other Low 7-Bs of One Punch Man?
Well, I'm basing that off of him having an attack called "Megaton Punch", which puts him literally at the exact bare minimum level of Low 7-B, or also the exact highest level of High 7-C. Even Hero Hunter Garou who is High 7-C+ would probably stomp him. Even if his AP would be a bit lower, the massive advantage in every other regard, especially skill, would be too much for Hercule to keep up with. If he went against Tank-Top Master though, it could be a fight, but he isn't Low 7-B, just High 7-C.

Also Hercule would still get blitzed by them. Low 7-B wouldn't change his Subsonic speed, unless we're using speed equalized.

Well, I'm basing that off of him having an attack called "Megaton Punch", which puts him literally at the exact bare minimum level of Low 7-B, or also the exact highest level of High 7-C. Even Hero Hunter Garou who is High 7-C+ would probably stomp him. Even if his AP would be a bit lower, the massive advantage in every other regard, especially skill, would be too much for Hercule to keep up with. If he went against Tank-Top Master though, it could be a fight, but he isn't Low 7-B, just High 7-C.

Also Hercule would still get blitzed by them. Low 7-B wouldn't change his Subsonic speed, unless we're using speed equalized.
Huh. Neat.

Tats only damaged the ship overtime and using the Ship's own bullets aswell, I don't agree with her scalling to this
True, but she did that damage casually- even if she wasn't suppressed like during her Psykorochi fight, she could have put out much more effort against the ship if she actually put her back into bringing the ship down.

The damage was not overtime at all. She threw the bullets back and it immediately damaged the ship. On top of that, she had completely stopped the bullet’s momentum before she threw them back (and she did so extremely casually), so all the force would’ve been coming from her.

When Tats was Low 6-B and the ship was 6-A people were saying that she only caused minor damage and therefore shouldn't scale

When Tats was Low 6-B and the ship was 6-A people were saying that she only caused minor damage and therefore shouldn't scale
This.
People disagreed with scaling Tats.
I know because I was in favour of her dealing damage to the ship and had a long discussion and it was rejected.

Now that the ship might be 5-C she suddenly scales?

I disagree with the notion of it being minor damage. There were explosions all over the bottom of the ship, as well as some on the sides and the top of the ship. On top of that, everyone on the ship was terrified and screaming for Boros to come help them, so she was clearly having a significant effect.

Also she was causing damage even when she threw random debris at the ship, so the argument of it just being because she attacked with the ship’s own projectiles would be faulty.

This.
People disagreed with scaling Tats.
I know because I was in favour of her dealing damage to the ship and had a long discussion and it was rejected.

Now that the ship might be 5-C she suddenly scales?
Well Tatsumaki's changed since then and Boros got downgraded- the narrative landscape is different and Tatsumaki's broken through many power ceilings. After her dominant performance against Psykorochi, Tatsumaki is 'at least High 6-A' so 5-C is not necessarily off the table, especially if the Psykorochi upgrade comes through.

I personally didn't want to give Tatsumaki so much credit when it seemed like such a leap of faith to put her on par with a multi-continental Boros. But now that Tatsumaki is currently rated above Boros and evidently multicontinental herself that huge narrative objection to scaling her is obsolete.

Looking back, spoted a mistake.

I miscalculated Saitama's moment of inertia and acidentaly squared his mass when I plugged it into my calculator

By one side i'm happy by the fact that this puts all the Big 3 ( Boros, Tatsumaki and Garou, assuming he doesn't bust a planet) in the same tier.
By another this is such a massive leap in power from a feat much more casual than their biggest feats that it feels like it will inflate the verse.

By one side i'm happy by the fact that this puts all the Big 3 ( Boros, Tatsumaki and Garou, assuming he doesn't bust a planet) in the same tier.
By another this is such a massive leap in power from a feat much more casual than their biggest feats that it feels like it will inflate the verse.
I agree and that's a good way of putting it. If OPM is going to get upgraded to 5-C, I would have liked it to be A) Serious Punch, B) CSRC or one of the other strongest moves in verse (A multicontinental feat from Tatsumaki, Garou destroying a moon or something like that). But if this feat is 5-C, the math is the math and there's no room for argument.

Hopefully Garou has an equally insane display of power that lends more weight to any 5-C upgrades.

I agree and that's a good way of putting it. If OPM is going to get upgraded to 5-C, I would have liked it to be A) Serious Punch, B) CSRC or one of the other strongest moves in verse (A multicontinental feat from Tatsumaki, Garou destroying a moon or something like that). But if this feat is 5-C, the math is the math and there's no room for argument.

Hopefully Garou has an equally insane display of power that lends more weight to any 5-C upgrades.
Now it's Low 5-B

Yeah, I acidentaly squared his mass making the result 70 times lower
You're going to make Anime profiles for Boros redundant at this rate because manga CSRC is going to be darn close to 5-B by upscaling from Released and MB. Not that that's a bad thing, just completely unexpected.

Could you look at my revised Sky Folk Calc by the way? I'd like to get it squared away before I prepare the A-class heroes CRT. I'd ask you to look at CSRC by the way if you have time, but since these results eclipse any possible melting results it's a second rate priority from a scaling perspective

I was thinking about the Psykos thing merging with the planet the other day, we gave Sinbad a rating that he quotes he would get (intended to do that), that would be like putting Psykos as '' potentially 5-B ''

Well Tatsumaki's changed since then and Boros got downgraded- the narrative landscape is different and Tatsumaki's broken through many power ceilings. After her dominant performance against Psykorochi, Tatsumaki is 'at least High 6-A' so 5-C is not necessarily off the table, especially if the Psykorochi upgrade comes through.

I personally didn't want to give Tatsumaki so much credit when it seemed like such a leap of faith to put her on par with a multi-continental Boros. But now that Tatsumaki is currently rated above Boros and evidently multicontinental herself that huge narrative objection to scaling her is obsolete.
Tiers are irrelevant, people were arguing that Tats never damaged the ship, we weren't looking at Tiers, we were looking at scans, people saw them and apparently didn't find a single viable feat of Tats damaging the ship. Her now being High 6-A doesn't change the course of events that happened in the manga and how it got accepted in here.

Tiers are irrelevant, people were arguing that Tats never damaged the ship, we weren't looking at Tiers, we were looking at scans, people saw them and apparently didn't find a single viable feat of Tats damaging the ship. Her now being High 6-A doesn't change the course of events that happened in the manga and how it got accepted in here.
You do realize that people’s thoughts on things can change, right? Just because someone was rejected initally doesn’t mean it can’t be accepted later.

Back