• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
15 years, sheesh ur an old man alex. and probably very good looking according to ur social life analysis.
yes of course, if you think it's good to have a dog bite on one eyebrow and a cut on the other (the last one was due to a pointed chair leg that because of my stupid demi 3-year-old me had to turn around a girl pushed me by accident and I buried the stick and cut my eyebrow and they had to take 6 stitches to united)
and even so I'm still more beautiful than my cousins...

yes of course, if you think it's good to have a dog bite on one eyebrow and a cut on the other (the last one was due to a pointed chair leg that because of my stupid demi 3-year-old me had to turn around a girl pushed me by accident and I buried the stick and cut my eyebrow and they had to take 6 stitches to united)
and even so I'm still more beautiful than my cousins.
😮‍💨

Might have to put Murata on fraud-watch for this one 🤨
20220808_130217.jpg
Murata godstomps all of them no diff when he get serious

bb39dd6e31379375068023fad0b86d18.gif

Might have to put Murata on fraud-watch for this one 🤨
20220808_130217.jpg

Not sure about how true that picture is, but its undeniable Muruta is an amazing artist.

I see Cosmic Garou's image was replaced with the colored cover page, why the change of heart? Not that I mind because I prefer it

I see Cosmic Garou's image was replaced with the colored cover page, why the change of heart? Not that I mind because I prefer it
I'll change it back. Looks better with everything being in black and white.

I'll change it back. Looks better with everything being in black and white.
I beg to differ. I think the strongest form of Garou having color is fitting. And imo the color makes his design look far better than what a black and white version does. Though I'm not much of a fan of Cosmic fear anyway so I guess it doesn't matter.

Huh... Murata said he would be drawing even more after the end of this arc.

For some reason this makes me feel like we might go to weekly release chapters.

I would hate that tbh

the fact ONE and Murata looked at everything and said "Yeah time travel is a good way to end this. Let's use time travel to undo the damage Garou caused with his radiation. While also bringing in Metal Knight who explicitly mentions he has ways to cleanse radiation. Oh yeah, and we need to make sure the characterization our main character went through is reversed." actually baffles me. How do you go from good writing and nailing your main character with great characterization, to then making the worst narrative choice in your entire story barely 3 chapters later.

the fact ONE and Murata looked at everything and said "Yeah time travel is a good way to end this. Let's use time travel to undo the damage Garou caused with his radiation. While also bringing in Metal Knight who explicitly mentions he has ways to cleanse radiation. Oh yeah, and we need to make sure the characterization our main character went through is reversed." actually baffles me. How do you go from good writing and nailing your main character with great characterization, to then making the worst narrative choice in your entire story barely 3 chapters later.
Next up: Drive knight captured god and studies him

Because le epic feats and hype = good or something

God possessed Murata in exchange for his drawing skills and now he writes the story in the most appaling way possible for Saitama's reputation.

We wouldn't gain or lose much, but I do prefer the bi-weekly updates.
i feel like at that point there would be worse art and even worse story decisions due to the lack of time in-between releases.

i feel like at that point there would be worse art and even worse story decisions due to the lack of time in-between releases.
I can't see how anyone would think it's a good idea that a series where a chapter was retconned in a week and a half after its release should become a weekly series among the other issues that seemed to have happened likely because of bi-weekly releases.

With all of this Garou radiation talk I wonder how potent Godzilla (Monsterverse.) would be for his Burning Form since he's shown turning metal and people into liquid from radiation alone in less than seconds.

Shit Garou's favorite film is probably Godzilla.

If the chapters are shorter to fit with the timeframe Murata has, which would be the best way to do it, it should make up for the art quality. If Murata does weekly updates, he should not doing the same length for his chapters. I doubt even Murata can handle that level of work.

As for story, ONE and Murata should be planning ahead more, but it looks like their approach is closer to Toriyama's. Get a rough idea of what to do, and then just kind of improvise as the story moves forward. Which can work, but it's a lot easier to just get a good grasp of what'll happen, with little room needed for extra thought.

I also hope Murata takes a break after the next chapter.

If the chapters are shorter to fit with the timeframe Murata has, which would be the best way to do it, it should make up for the art quality.

As for story, ONE and Murata should be planning ahead more, but it looks like their approach is closer to Toriyama's. Get a rough idea of what to do, and then just kind of improvise as the story moves forward. Which can work, but it's a lot easier to just get a good grasp of what'll happen, with little room needed for extra thought.
they should go on a fall season hiatus so they can plan out alot.

I think the time travel thing is underrated
I haven't followed the webcomic at all but it sounds like the "saitama unbeatable gag character" keeps up in there judging by the garou fight being so different
the manga saitama seems to be more flawed and darker with his attitude leading to genos' death and him willing to blow up the earth without hesitation, which is part of garou's "ominous future"
and the fact that it's called the ominous future seems to be foreshadowing another arc where saitama has to deal with his character flaws when the stake's are raised. The time travel was just to give the audience a sneak peak of the power of god, saitama's friendship with genos
and also feats, because murata knows we were hungry for more than tier 6

Back