• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Japanese reader here. I’ve literally never heard any manga artist use シリーズ (direct translation: “series”) to mean “serialization/publication.” Never. And I’ve been reading manga since I was a kid decades ago.

Artists would use 連載 (rensai = serialization) when talking about the series. And use different variations depending on the context like 完結 (Kanketsu = complete work/to finish the current work), 休載 (kyuusai = break), 打ち切り (uchikiri = axed) etc.

“Series” in the context of English is not the same in Japanese. It’s more akin to an “arc” in this context.

Edit: this is why it’s not being talked about in Japan because people are thinking the end is near for the current Garou arc rather than the whole series.
endgame-avengers.gif

Seriously though, thank god.

i mean, outside of this, there's also the fact that it's doing great in sales, and just had its tenth anniversary. this is also big enough news to be its own announcement, not said randomly in a reply to other authors
That’s why you need to be skeptical. And pessimistic. That’s the best mind set for if the worst comes, you are prepared.

Japanese reader here. I’ve literally never heard any manga artist use シリーズ (direct translation: “series”) to mean “serialization/publication.” Never. And I’ve been reading manga since I was a kid decades ago.

Artists would use 連載 (rensai = serialization) when talking about the series. And use different variations depending on the context like 完結 (Kanketsu = complete work/to finish the current work), 休載 (kyuusai = break), 打ち切り (uchikiri = axed) etc.

“Series” in the context of English is not the same in Japanese. It’s more akin to an “arc” in this context.

Edit: this is why it’s not being talked about in Japan because people are thinking the end is near for the current Garou arc rather than the whole series.
I've seen this post on Reddit with commenters who also speak Japanese say the opposite

Holds little merit. Spoke to many translators (lol like 3, pls no hate) and fluent Japanese speakers, none of them say it is vague.

Have guys seen the amount of cope about the new feat on other sites? Ranging from the moon's dark side to it was Blast's portal to it was an outlier. People don't want to accept a blatant 4-A or higher feat.
I need to take a break from Reddit.

saitama is holding back
Planet level feat, was just a shadow

I honestly can’t believe there are 800,000 members and most are delusional.

Have guys seen the amount of cope about the new feat on other sites? Ranging from the moon's dark side to it was Blast's portal to it was an outlier. So on and so forth. People don't want to accept a blatant 4-A or higher feat.
This is literally the crowd of people naysaying all of Saitama's accomplishments in the series. Others said that part of the series wasn't realistic, clearly they haven't seen these people.

I really think all those energy that destroyed those stars/galaxies is from garou and not saitama because saitama punch doesn't produce an energy and i think the energy blast sense in the last chapter of 166 is from garou and not saitama

I really think all those energy that destroyed those stars/galaxies is from garou and not saitama because saitama punch doesn't produce an energy and i think the energy blast sense in the last chapter of 166 is from garou and not saitama
It has to be from both. The attack is serious punch squared. One needs to be exponentially boosted by the other.

Somebody should just screenshot the tweet and directly ask Murata to clarify what "ending the series" means if so many people keep fighting about it.

i know there's a lot of feats this chapter to discuss, but can we talk about the choreography? it's really good, especially when Garou does his martial arts combo attack

i know there's a lot of feats this chapter to discuss, but can we talk about the choreography? it's really good, especially when Garou does his martial arts combo attack
Yeah, it’s really something.

next chapter might be a big chapter. This whole amazing, doesn’t feel like THE chapter.

I honestly thinks it stupid that murata and ONE made saitama go all out against an avatar of god and not save it for God himself but I'm not the author so can't really change that
I actually find it genius, Garou was already such a loved character, if this was someone entirely new there wouldn't be anyone cheering for the other side, that's what I like most about this arc, I WANT Garou to win just as much as I want Saitama to avenge Genos

I actually find it genius, Garou was already such a loved character, if this was someone entirely new there wouldn't be anyone cheering for the other side, that's what I like most about this arc, I WANT Garou to win just as much as I want Saitama to avenge Genos
It's more of a powerscaling problem then a story problem but with the way its going God's either gonna barley be stronger then garou or God is straight up going to be stronger and saitama is going to get a power up

It's more of a powerscaling problem then a story problem but with the way its going God's either gonna barley be stronger then garou or God is straight up going to be stronger and saitama is going to get a power up
Im wondering if gods not actually able to fight in person, It'd explain why he has to grant his power in order to wipe out Saitama rather than get it done with himself

Btw, probably a bad take, but this line here:

“To think another hero besides you could hold his own against one imbued with so much divine energy”

I don’t think his teammates scales to blast. makes it seem like blast is the only one who can 1v1 Godly beings.

and remember Blast was capable of nearly imprisoning the energy made from the clash, almost. The teammates don’t need to be 1/4 as strong as the beam for them to help blast redirect it when he almost could handle it.

it'd make for a good story, that, or alternatively, we may see god try and intervene himself, and ends up having to face saitama and garou, or maybe saitama will get a power up and overpower Garou, then have an arc against God
How would that work tho. Garou would instantly lose his godly powers and I think power ups are kinda cliche for someone like saitama

wait saitama should be immeasureable speed no? he literally travel to another dimension w his omnidirectional punch 🤣

Last edited:
Back