• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest One Punch General Discussion Thread v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
That assumes EC's durability is as tough as rock (I'm assuming that's the value for rock), whereas it's likely way higher. No real point in calculating it, mind.

The whole reason Saitama used a serious punch in the first place was to focus the shockwave and minimize collateral damage. There's no way to tell how big the shockwave would have been if he just used a normal punch.

What about Genos creating an explosion that spread through the entirety of EC's body?

That might be a good feat if we actually knew how big he was tbh

I don't see it even approaching 7-B. It's just to small.

Oh in case you didn't see.

https://img.***********.com/cdn/manga/125/4757/931.png

https://img.***********.com/cdn/manga/125/4757/941.png

https://img.***********.com/cdn/manga/125/4757/95.png

Genos potentially dispersing a cloud. The sun shines brighter after Genos does this.

Clouds
As for the argument that it could just be the smoke cloud from his own explosion, you can see the smoke trailing off EC is drawn differently than the cloud.

Black Sperm does not possess Regenerationn, or shapeshifitng for that matter. It is simply a process of mass duplication and bio-fusion (and fission) that in practice acts like Regenerationn and shapeshifting, but only when a significant amount of Cells are produced and fused together. Individually they cannot regenerate, a limb gets cut off it won't grow back. AS simply sliced through individual BS cells.

The slash itself seemed to be the product of AS collecting Photons flying in the air with his sword and firing them off as a focused light-beam slash of sorts.

It's nothing as complicated as firing off a light beem by collecting photons. As he himself said, AS simply focused his attack to the point that happens, which is also why it is, as he said, short range compared to his usual Atomic Slash.

That said, shouldn't the number of floors he cut in 4 slices give his range a bump up?

It's kinda funny how Atomic developed this technique with the "advice" he gave Iaian a couple chapters ago.

"Lol just go faster bro"

I am actually sure he isn't going faster. He's simply focusing as much of the slashes as he can in a very small srea which means the cuts are even smaller.

Genos definately scales for one. His G4 upgrades let him keep up with a Sonic that had trained after his fight with Sea King, and is obviously significantly stronger and faster than even a Hydrated Sea King with said upgrades.

TTM and PPP should scale, rest of the S-Class and Sweet Mask of course, basically most if not all Dragons.

Wouldn't a vast majority of characters scale to Iaian. At least most characters demon level or above.

Even at his current level he views himself to be "nipping at the ankles" of the S class.

In my opinion, the Iaian feat should scale quite a lot of characters.

Certainly: Awakened Cockroach, Bakuza (monster), Bug God, Carnage Kabuto, Child Emperor, Choze (monster), Deep Sea King, Elder Centipede, Evil Natural Water, Fuhrer Ugly, Gale Wind, Garou (early), Genos (post-G4+), Gouketsu, Gums, Hellfire Flame, Homeless Emperor, Lord Boros (in armor), Metal Bat, Overgrown Rover, Phoenix Ma (both resurrections), Puri-Puri Prisoner (improved), Royal Ripper, Sonic, Suiryu, Tanktop Master, Vaccine Ma, Watchdog Ma. These characters scale directly or indirectly or, IMO, can reasonably be argued to be around as fast or faster. Doesn't include anyone already MHS+.

Debatable (but likely): Armored Gorilla, Fubuki, Demonic Fa, Do-S, G4, G5, Genos (beginning of series/post-HoE), Grizzly Nyah, Hundred-Eyes Octopus, Jumping Spider, Mosquito Girl, Phoenix Ma (demon-level), Pig God, Puri-Puri Prisoner (DSK arc), Pureblood, Zombiema. These are chars that don't scale (to my knowledge) and lack actual evidence, but I don't see any reason why they should be out of the MHS+ range (none of them would sensibly be massively slower than Iaian.) Can't say with any certainty though.

Unknown: Drive Knight, Evil Eye (One Punch Man), God. They don't have a listed speed right now on account from lack of feats, but personally I don't think they should be any slower than Iaian and should probably get an "at least" rating.

Also, as an side, it might be good to add pages for the other two Disciples now that they've had some good action.

For MHS+

• Phoenix Man's first form was casually blitzed by CE who defeated all three disciples at once. He doesn't scale.
  • G5 scaling is probably fine
  • Evil Eye, God, and Drive Knight have zero justification for scaling
  • Armored Gorilla, Blizzard, Hundred-eye Octopus, Mosquito Girl, Zombieman have no indication that they scale to my knowledge. Jumping Spider scaling is also at best iffy since CE reacted to his attack mid-throw and used his backpack to block it, then came back with his gear out.
  • Bakuzan and Choze have no evidence that they scale
  • Vaccine Man has zero evidence that he scales
  • Sonic, Genos, G4, and DSK rely on the assumption that PPP didn't increase his speed between battles. Despite saying he trained up and we know that later on he made extremly large physical improvements. While I do see a way as to why they should scale, I think possibly works out better than "100% confirmed"
  • The others scaling is "better" I guess since there's at least an argument through Mel. Well except for Pig God and Gums.
Reminder that OPM was largely downgraded in the first place because originally people were being scaled to others with zero evidence. We shouldn't go back to it because "Well this sounds right".

Gums blitzed Genos and Pig God can somewhat keep up with Gums. Might be better to wait to see how he does in the redraw for a completely accurate answer.

Gums hit a distracted and unaware Genos in the webcomic.

Genos was in the middle of talking after he had just blasted a bunch of Black Sperm clones and had his cannon out battle ready. Gums was nowhere near him and then on the next panel he bit his arm off.

https://s5.********.org/data/ff33dee463445df538b8a1cbb0e4adf2/x14.jpg

Also for what its worth here's Iaian admitting outright inferiority to the S class

https://img.***********.com/cdn/manga/125/5698/019.png

As the scan shows, Genos was distracted and completely unaware when Gums bit him. A surprise attack isn't a scalable feat speed wise. At least in this instance.

As for the second scan I'm fine with them potentially scaling. I just don't think there's any hard evidence of direct scaling.

Just visit Garou's page and I notice that there is only two split to his Power and Abilities when Garou has 4 keys? Shouldn't it be fix so we know which Abilities goes appropriately to the right key?

We should probably. But I think his later keys don't get any new powers.

The thing is, most of those characters are currently listed in the "High Hypersonic+" category, which tops them out at mach 100 max. I'm not inclined to believe that Iaian is more than 10x faster than a huge number of S-Class heroes and demon/dragon level monsters when he consistently struggles to beat any of them. It's almost more problematic to assume they don't scale at all, because then you have this weird class of "actually really weak" demon-level+ monsters and S-Class heroes that just happen to keep getting paired up but would be easily blitzed by characters like Iaian if they only just met.

It's not to say we should go back to the days of 7-C+ A-Class heroes, but come on, the implications of not scaling them are problematic too.

Scaling Dragons to him, fine. I can understand that assumption. But random demon threats with zero backing? I'm against that completely.

I mean, DO-S didn't look unable to follow what was happening in the fight between Iaian and her manipulated mercenary people, and she's not even a Demon monster geared for direct battle (though she can do it).

Blizzard is already stated in her justification to be in par with Higher A Class heroes, not to mention her little debacle with DO-S.

I also see no reason for Suryuu, Bakuzan and Choze to be below her in reactions. At the very least they should be close.

DoS would've tagged Bushidrill if Sweet Mask didn't stop her whip.

All 3 of the disciples seem to be in a similar ballpark of speed.

I mean, DO-S didn't look unable to follow what was happening in the fight between Iaian and her manipulated mercenary people

Should we upgrade Zombieman to Rel+ because he could see what was happening between Saitama and Garou? Or Satan to FTL+ because he could see that Super Boo could KO Tien or fire energy blasts? I don't see that as a valid scaling reasoning for her.

Blizzard is already stated in her justification to be in par with Higher A Class heroes

I don't see that as a reason as to why she should scale to Iaian

I also see no reason for Suryuu, Bakuzan and Choze to be below her in reactions. At the very least they should be close.

Again why? Because "Well that sounds right"? That's not a valid reason. Bakuzan at least has the justification of being a Dragon level threat, but I disagree with the other two.

Except we have literally no reason to scale those people up because it's obvious they aren't in that ballpark. But it takes a lot more baseless guessing to think DO-S doesn't understand one bit of what HER controlled mercenary dudes is doing, especially when she directly attacks Bushidrill, meaning she CAN follow the battle AND act during it.

For the same reason that DO-S has no reason to have reactions 10 times slower than fighters she could follow and Blizzard who wasn't blitzed by here.

And what's a valid reason then? Random Mercenaries that aren't even dragon or above demon obviously scale above 10 to 5 times above someone like Choze, who could match Suryuu, who could one shot normal Demon class monsters while weakened? And could hurt Bakuzan who was even stronger than Choze after this? How such a massive difference makes any sense? I am not saying they directly scale, but it seems just as baseless to think DO-S made those mercenaries scale above any Demon threat that isn't at the very top of the class.

But it takes a lot more baseless guessing to think DO-S doesn't understand one bit of what HER controlled mercenary dudes is doing, especially when she directly attacks Bushidrill, meaning she CAN follow the battle AND act during it.

She acted after Iaian's rush when they were trying their hardest to not damage the Mercs. Even in that scene Bushidrill reacted to her attack and was prepared to block it. So there's no reason for Do-S to scale in my view.

Random Mercenaries that aren't even dragon or above demon obviously scale above 10 to 5 times above someone like Choze, who could match Suryuu, who could one shot normal Demon class monsters while weakened?

The "Demon" level threat Suiryu killed was only a Demon level threat as an entire group of three. Snek and Lightning Max killed the other two in one shot as well if you remember.

And could hurt Bakuzan who was even stronger than Choze after this?

Strength has nothing to do with speed.

I am not saying they directly scale, but it seems just as baseless to think DO-S made those mercenaries scale above any Demon threat that isn't at the very top of the class.

At most I think she should get a possibly rating. But I'm against a total upgrade because there's no direct evidence for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back