• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest Non-Smurf Character For Every Tier I

Also known as "A list of Starcross characters"

Xmark12 said:
Continued from this thread.

Last time on the Wiki's Strongest...!

The rules are simple:
Inspired by this thread and a wish to escape Monarch Laciel

This is basically the same as the main thing, but no smurfs what a surprise

Hopefully this will be more interesting

Notice
For the purposes on this thread, a smurf is someone with higher-dimensional abilities, immortalities or a large amount of higher-dimensional resistences relative to their normal dimensionality (Like a 3-D being having 4-D Mind Manipulation)

Tier Variable

Tier 11

• C:
  • B:
  • A:
Tier 10

• C:
  • B:
  • A:
Tier 9

Tier 8

Tier 7

Tier 6

Tier 5

Tier 4

• C:
    • Low C:
    • High C:
  • B: Mikage
  • A:
Tier 3

• C:
  • B:
  • A:
    • High A:
Tier 2

Tier 1

• C:
    • Low C:
    • High C:
  • B:
    • Low B:
    • High B:
  • A:
Tier 0

• Yes
Disclaimer: This is not an objective list that is subject to change

Speed Unequal, I can agree on

Speed Equal, Vek oneshots

@DMUA Higly doubt it.

Amateur adventurers are pretty casual wall lvl.

They use Energeia (as in "don't restrain themselves"), that goes even more casual.

Demetrius at full strength was noted to be capable of putting down other relatively well-trained adventurers (which goes without saying, would laugh at amateurs attacks), but did scratch damage when he hit Yamato.

By manner of comparison, Yamato gets his tier by using half of Raw-Strength (no Energeia, technique or skill at all involved - as in, he self-supressed to oblivion) to wreck Demetrius like a ball around while feeling practically nothing from Demetrius hitting him.

Now if Yamato uses full raw strength and doesn't supress his energy potential (which Bridget noted him to be using less than a tenth of), technique or skill (and that's without counting further amps by focusing Energeia on defense at the moment an attack is coming) but still gets oneshotted, by the gods this guy must have some insane Wall Level scaling.

Not really insane scaling

He just beats up three DND Adventurers who all scale to Burning Hands

Which is like, really close to + range while breaking a tree in half is like, not that high

The tree is half of it since the quote does mention breaking a rock and shattering bones like glass in a single punch.

Since we use stuff like Kayo-Ken multipliers, seeing people who can tank that but then get oneshotted/do scratch damage to people who in turn get twoshotted by a guy who in turn does scratch damage to the guy literally using half his raw-strength and less than 10% of his EP, skill and technique + 0 amps or defense focus (the latter which, again, can make people who otherwise get oneshotted by an attack - which would be the case for Demetrius taking one of Yamato's punches - tank it)?

Don't get me wrong, I can see the guy having the AP advantage. Maybe even a big one but oneshotting range still sounds odd.

Either way and for convenience's sake, assuming the Vek can oneshot... Yamato's job has always been fighting/assassinating monsters, so I still see Yamato having a fair chance of taking it via versatility. He mentioned to Demetrius that holding back was never part of his battle policy but did an exception for him beccause he wanted to break his spirit instead.

If he sees his attack is doing nothing, he would just make his shadow turn into a portal and Vec would end up in another country or something. He wouldn't be crazy to try to keep chipping damage at a guy who makes him re-enact Demetrius' place (only worse somehow) in the battle against him.

Nostalgia Critic is High 5-A not High 7-A.

Also, what makes a character a "smurf". Cuz I thought it was just characters that are considered to be OP. Also, why do we name them after those little blue men? xD

Peppypony said:
Also, what makes a character a "smurf". Cuz I thought it was just characters that are considered to be OP. Also, why do we name them after those little blue men? xD
Generally Higher-D hax as far as I understand or maybe stuff too higher than their tier.

The term (according to Wokistan who coined it I believe) comes from games where experienced players hide under low level characters, sometimes with endgame equipment and nuke other low lvl players while hiding under the skin of "weak lvl" when they're really super duper stronger.

FateAlbane said:
he would just make his shadow turn into a portal and Vec would end up in another country or something
.... You do remember DND Resistances, right

@DMUA Do Orcs have such good resistance to their actual shadow just turning into a literal pool and them sinking on it that it's on the level of being failproof/can never ever possibly fail? Sounds oddly specific even for D&D standards.

This isn't even acting on their body, it's literally just their shadow turning into a portal and they can fall/sink into it like it's a portal pool thingie.

Define a thing that can be resisted - also resisted, not immunized against. And just to specify on this, methods of power differ so depending on the method for said BFR this may actually really not count as you can't say someone who for example, resists being thrown in a shadow would resist getting warped to the past.

Otherwise we enter ye good ol' "Immune to all possible applications of Reality Warping X".

When did I say you need to be immune to it?

I'm talking mechanics of the skill and that I personally don't remember D&D resistances being this absolutely failproof thing for literally everyone all the time that you can't possibly get screwed by under a single bad roll. And if they are I'll go back in time to kill my GMs.

You can't say a resistance suddenly resists every sort of BFR in existence regardless of method same way you can't say any old reality warper has any and all applications of it.

Resistence is resistence, the mechanism changes nothing if someone resists it anyways

D&D resistences are weird, but that is definitely gameplay mechanics

Except that we already do that? Resisting getting yeeted into another universe is resistence to BFR regardless of the mechanics

Hl3 or bust said:
Resistence is resistence, the mechanism changes nothing if someone resists it anyways
D&D resistences are weird, but that is definitely gameplay mechanics

Except that we already do that? Resisting getting yeeted into another universe is resistence to BFR regardless of the mechanics
1. Where did you get that from? It totally does. That's like saying a guy who resists having his perception of time slowed can't also be affected by a time stop since both fall under Time Manipulation. This isn't pleading, this is common sense. No verse in existence gets this sort of treatment. D&D doesn't either - I know their resistances are broad nor did I ever deny that but they aren't a cover any and everything insurance that will not ever possibly fail.

2. No, it isn't. Try that in some thread and see how far it gets you unless it's some higher dimensional stuff. Hell, Reinhard once lost a thread for being BFR'd to a place he couldn't come back from before his teleportation abilities to come back went like "lol1-A".

Either way, the best manner to solve this is just leave the Vec for speed equal and Yamato for unequal.

I don't doubt that somewhere out there D&D might have some really similar BFR to Yamato's method (totally forgot the class name but there were these guys made of shadows called "Vultos" in my language who could play similar kinds of stuff IIRC).

I'm just iffy on the "resists everything" bit.

Anything in D&D can resist anything, and portal BFR is something DND has

1: That's like saying that if one resists time manip from someone just thinking, then they don't resist time manip from something like time dilation from sheer speed. It makes no sense and you need to prove that the mechanism can actually affect whether the ability works.

2: I think you missed the entire point of that. Resisting getting BFR'd to another universe is resistence to BFR

any BFR that doesn't work on a level higher than that resistence can't work on the person who resisted the inital BFR. The Reinhard part is entirely irrelevant btw

I also never said that D&D resistences cover literally everything. No one has

DMUA said:
Anything in D&D can resist anything, and portal BFR is something DND has
See, that's the thing I'm iffy about. Why would an Orc have as good as resistance as say, a lvl 20 adventurer where it can't be overcome when in verse it can?

If I said something like "they roll a bad dice", that would be game mechanics.

But that's the way of the setting showing that said resistance can work but also be overcome.

I concede on Yamato's portal not working because, as I mentioned above, I think there were some types of Shadows/shadow related beings who could do more or less the same thing.

But other than that, treating the resistances as fail-proof not only for high tier people but for literally everyone there is in the verse does sound like special treatment to D&D in comparison to, well, literally every other verse in VSB. And inconsistent too, seeing otherwise nothing would ever work in verse as opposed to "You can try to resist it with your stats/roll."

It can resist. Not outright have a 100% guaranteed no-sell all the time.

Hl3 or bust said:
1: That's like saying that if one resists time manip from someone just thinking, then they don't resist time manip from something like time dilation from sheer speed. It makes no sense and you need to prove that the mechanism can actually affect whether the ability works.
2: I think you missed the entire point of that. Resisting getting BFR'd to another universe is resistence to BFR

any BFR that doesn't work on a level higher than that resistence can't work on the person who resisted the inital BFR. The Reinhard part is entirely irrelevant btw

I also never said that D&D resistences cover literally everything. No one has
1. No, I didn't. You *can't* get resistance to all possible applications of a power when it's something as broad as BFR based on a single feat. Otherwise someone who resisted some physical means of BFR like Superman's stranding people into space could have "Resistance to BFR" put in the profile and suddenly be said that anyone less capable or with less range than Superman can't BFR them either. Methods and mechanics of a skill can change entirely if the resistance works or not. Another example of such is reality warping where it has so many applications that no resistance is guarantee you will be safe from it.

2. And that's again, why I said that makes no sense unless it was higher dimensional BFR. If it's on the same level of existence and works under entirely different mechanics/methods? No, you don't.

3. No. You're treating BFR like it's AP. Which ammounts to the same as saying someone who nopes one OHK (like say, Akame's Murasame) suddenly nopes every OHK out there despite how differently they may work from each other. It doesn't work like that at all.

No Starcross is a smurf, so Mastema gets 3-C again

Multidimensional in the proper scientific way, as in another axis of movement, not a higher level of existence. Just means it's really hard to understand.

How good is she as an 8-C?

speed=/- there isn't an option because Henderson regularly fights Shogoths

Back