• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Strongest Character with your Nationality

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
So I was wondering about something the other day:

Most popular fiction tends to come from North America, with the majority of blockbuster movies, comicbooks, TV Shows and famous Literature being created there, while Anime, Manga and Visual Novels are an exclusively Japanese thing.

As such, the characters from such works tend to reflect this. Most western media takes place in the United States, or features american characters, much like the majority of anime take place in japan (Or happens in a fantasy land, but the characters still have japanese names and behaviors).

But this doesn't exactly represent the full diversity of people in our world, not even close, and this is reflected in this Wiki.

We have members in our community that come from Canada, the UK, Brazil (Hi), Russia, Sweden, India, Korea, Indonesia, Mexico, Venezuela, amidst numerous other countries.

So I felt like making this thread, and asking this question:

What's the strongest character you know of that comes from your country? They can come from any media, and it doesn't matter if they lack a page here, just say which character.

I'll start with my own country of origin: Brazil.

The strongest Brazilian I can think of is probably Taurus Aldebara, from Saint Seiya.

Applying the Soul of Gold Anime Spin-Off, and Debas would be High 3-A when donning his God Cloth.

He's also a really cool character, in my opinion.

What about you guys? ^_^

Not a lot of Canadian there.

At best... Bigby, who's 7-C, or Canada from Hetalia.

Unless you count Momiji "Maple Leaf" Inubashiri as Canadian.

Given that I'm Cantonese-Chinese by birth (but I can't speak or read a lick of it to save my life), Sun Wukong would have to be the strongest character I can think of on the site from China.

Probably Sukhov if we are talking about characters from this wiki. There must be someone else otherwise.

I'm not fond of the local heroes (since they're for the most part, blatantly obvious parodies of existing heroes given ehh new origins) and what not, so the only one I can remember at the moment would be Captain Barbel who casually caught a bus that was thrown by a giant mechanical octopus, punched the guy who was driving the octopus some tens, maybe hundreds of meters away and threw the octopus higher than a skyscraper.

Captain barbell lifts a bus2
The show is crap though. I don't even know how it got a second season (which is where the links above are from).

Yeah. I want a hollywood-tier adaptation of Captain Barbell and Panday, but that's not happening anytime soon if at all. But still, one can dream right?

@Gemmy

Panday is better anyway. Mulawin and Enkantadia might be another factor. Juan de la Cruz is the only verse I thought wasn't a true ripoff of Blue Exorcist and was distinct enough. There's also one other series I'm forgetting. I think it was Pedro Penduko? Super Inggo had someone flip something so hard that it remained flipping for a day too.

Then again there is Nathaniel too.

Then there's notWW Darna and that twins series back then.

No clue who the strongest Canadian is.

Or, if you go further into my ethnicity, who the strongest Salvadoran is.

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Panday is better anyway.
Agreed. I want a Panday movie of the original Flavio and a sequel with something original like the sword splitting into two short swords.

Mulawin and Enkantadia might be another factor.

I can't remember much from either featwise but Enkantadia has the elemental attacks on their side right?

Mulawin is uhh... Superhuman with wings?

Juan de la Cruz is the only verse I thought wasn't a true ripoff of Blue Exorcist and was distinct enough.

I don't know a JDLC story though. Is there an adaptation of it or something? Where do I go to have a look at it?

EDIT:

I remember now. He's the guy with the shapeshifting cross right? He's cool. I want a crossover with him and Panday.

There's also one other series I'm forgetting. I think it was Pedro Penduko?

Pedro Penduko is explicitly normal human though. And cowardly at that. If anything, he's like the hero version of Courage the Cowardly Dog... with a stick.

Super Inggo had someone flip something so hard that it remained flipping for a day too.

That's cool but I don't think that's quantifiable. Still cool though. Who was the verse's top dog again? Capitan Bawang or something?

Then again there is Nathaniel too.

Isn't that the show about a kid that sounds suspiciously like a Santino reboot?

Then there's notWW Darna and that twins series back then.

Darna, along with Captain Barbell and Lastikman (and Captain Philippines but who cares about him) are the big 3 of pinoy heroes, and are also the most obviously "inspired".

I'd rather the likes of Extranghero, Pepeng Agimat (though he's not really a superhero), Panday (I want a Fate servant version of him) and Joaquin Bordado.

You know this is reminding me of how surprisingly esteemed my ancestry is.

I'm like... 80% sure one of my ancestors was a High King of Ireland and another ancestor of mine signed the Declaration of Independence.

Funny how bloodlines work, isn't it?

I always thought Grant Morrison was Irish..

Well, I'm approximately 50% Native American (Cherokee and Iroquoian) from my mothers side. If we count Gods, then the strongest would undoubtedly be Unetlanvhi, "the maker of all things". If we don't count Gods...I have no idea. I found some Cherokee superhero from a comic brand so obscure that their official website is a myspace page.

My fathers side is Dutch and Greek heritage. I really want to know who the strongest Dutch character is all of a sudden.

Probably a version of Van Hellsing. The one from Hellsing stomped Alucard.

Castlevania has no Van Hellsing sadly, he'd probably take the cake.

@Matt.

Reminds me, I own a game all about Van Hellsing. I should play through it, dude might have good feats.

@Weekly.

I think Captain Adam is originally an American.

@Ever

Meanwhile, a disturbing number of my direct ancestors were murderers. I'm directly related to a guy who attempted to kill George Washington (he missed and shot a tree. To this day that tree is called "Dumb*ss tree"). The people who I get my surname from attempted to kill the then leader of Netherlands and were kicked out of Netherlands and France.

Funny how this stuff works out..

Consider there is a lack of characters that came from my nationality as I hardly know any series that was Vietnamese as that is a RIP already.

Well, I was born in Per├║ but my family are directly from China/Hong Kong. If I consider my birthplace, the strongest character would be Viracocha . If I consider my chinese heritage, I don't know who would be strongest because I'm not well versed with Chinese Mythology despite being part chinese :/

Sun Wukong is probably the strongest.

Back