• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
1 of 2 Seasonal Street Fighter revision, let's go!

The first and main topic is about a couple of guides that have been translated in the past months: All About Street Fighter Zero 2 (translation) and All About Street Fighter Zero 3 (translation).
These are official japanese guides published by Capcom in the '90s, and thus super canon and without any western influence, and the guides from the same "All About" series are currently accepted for Darkstalkers.

The SF Alpha 2 guide has a profile for each character, while the one for Alpha 3 has both a profile for the character and one for their stage, the latter includes a short story. They are very nice reads, but also contain some juicy things.
Let's see what they provide us:

Speed of the high - top tiers

Let's start with the big stuff.

In Sagat's story we see him performing a High Hypersonic feat. He's having a chat with M. Bison at the top of a 100 meters-tall Buddha statue, and once the dictator leaves, Sagat comes down fromt he statue faster than the narrating character can see. Nothing in-canon contradicts this, and it's still lower than the strongest characters speed level, which is Massively Hypersonic+.
This feat scales to all 8-C and above characters, which are: Ryu, Ken, Sagat, Nash, Alex, Dhalsim, M. Bison, Akuma, Oni, Gen, Gouken, Oro, Evil Ryu, Kage, Urien, Gill, G, Rose, Necalli (Torrent of Power), Juri and Seth.

Note that the size of the Buddha statue can't be applied to the current 9-A calc, since Adon's feat happens in Alpha 2, while Sagat's feat in Alpha 3, where the Buddha statue is actually the robotic Psycho Drive and not the empty structure it was in the previous game.

Lifting Strength of the high-top tiers and a couple more

In Birdie's story, he performs a Class 50 feat. It is said he could perform this feat because of his immense strength (probably tied to his past as a wrestler, which is recurrently mentioned) and I genuinely believe it should scale to Zangief too. He is portrayed as the top wrestler of the series and the most physically impressive in his league, constantly trains his muscles and should be at very least comparable to Birdie, who quitted his career long ago. It's not even an outlier, since Zangief is always much stronger than all the bears he recurrently wrests and the feat is still below Ryu's boulder.
Hugo performing a Class 25-50 feat isn't a contradiction either, since he was super casual with that.

That said, this scales to Zangief, Honda (who's canonically Zangief sparring partner) and all the aforementioned characters for being stronger than both Birdie and Zangief (and you know how ki works, UES etc...)

Miscellaneous stuff

Each bullet point will cover a profile or a profile+story from one of the two guides, so forgive if the same character is mentioned in two or more different bullet points. Also, I will not mention very minor and uncontroversial stuff, such as minor details about martial arts or feats like Akuma holding a big tree with one hand, although they should be included within the profiles. (tell me you want to known what these things are)

• Ryu gets a skill upgrade for the fact that he constantly integrates into his style the techniques of the opponents he faces.
  • Chun-Li gets Social Influencing for being able to calm down and cheer up a lost child.
  • Sagat gets aura for being shown to, you guessed it, project a battle aura.
  • Guy gets Enhanced Senses for having sensed a suspicious presence following him
  • Charlie Nash gets some skill feat for having won tournaments and we learn that his jacket is bulletproof
  • Chun-Li gets more Social Influencing for being a good actress and having fooled Charlie's colleagues.
  • Rose gets: Senses Manipulation because her soul power causes bizarre hallucinations, an upgrade to her telepathy and memory manip because she wiped out Maggio's memory of how he arrived and left Palazzo Mistero (same link)
  • M. Bison gets: Fear Manipulation because his Psycho Power instills fear in the opponent and takes away their ability to stay rational and minor Biological Manipulation because one of his former victim grew a large shape of a hand on his abdomen upon being interrogated
  • Dan gets an intelligence upgrade because he can speak english, thai, japanese, cantonese and some french and russian, I don't know if this can grant Gifted intelligence in that specific area.
  • Zangief gets Resistance to Heat for being mostly unaffected (only some sweat) by standing right in front of an open furnace without wearing any protecting gear and holding in his hands a burning anchor.
  • Gen gets some more hint to his Stealth Mastery for the ability to get close to an opponent without making a sound
  • Blanka gets Camouflage because his green skin allows him to blend with the environment, further Enhances Senses because he can see and hunt in the dark and Stealth Mastery because of hunting.
  • Honda might get resistance to blunt force because his subcutaneous fat reduces the impact from striking moves but I'm unsure if it counts as a superhuman thing or not, given that we don't know its extent.
  • Cammy gets Poison Manipulation in her Killer Bee key for carrying lethal poison with her. (which is also standard equipped)
  • Balrog gets Berserk mode because he goes berserk when things get heated and minor Instinctive reaction for dodging punches out of instinct and reflexes
  • Sagat gets some skill hype such as having overcome his weaknesses and blind spots by learning counter techniques to counter attacks from time to time, having copied, mastered and improved Go Hibiki's special move (I don't know if this counts as Technique Mimicry, since we don't know the timeframe) and more details on how he defeated the reigning champion of Muay Thai when he was only a teenager. Also, his stamina gets an upgrade to peak human for having undergone a brutal match with no pauses and winning despite having his wrist broken.
  • Dan gets an actual 9-B feat from shattering a punching bag
  • Dhalsim gets Aura for... projecting a battle aura.
  • Gen gets Paralysis Inducement since his Shitenshuu can freeze people in place by striking pressure points. The last point is supposed to kill the opponent (also supported by the name of the technique, which means Death Point Curse), but I'm not sure it's worthy of any specific power beyond simply specifying what it does. EDIT: It's been suggested to consider it Death Manipulation, since the last pressure point is implied to kill the vitim.
  • Rose gets minor Fire Manipulation for being able to control the flames of her candles and an upgrade to her Soul Illusion, which allows her to create several clones instead of just one (despite being called illusion, the clone are pretty physical, as seen in the game).
  • M. Bison's empowerment gets an upgrade, since it can also absorb anger. There's some contradiction, since the guide states he can't absorb the opponent's fear, but this gets retconned both in Alpha 3 (since he says to Thunder that he gets stronger from hate and fear) and SFV, since he absorbs all kind of negative emotions felt by people struck by the disasters of the Black Moons.
  • Akuma gets further confirmation of his Resistance to Corruption and a new resistance to Berserk Mode, since he isn't driven berserk by the Raging Demon, unlike many before him.

And that's it, I'm very glad we've managed to get a hold of what this extremely precious sources of information provide!
There's still at least one more guide that could give good results, the All About Street Fighter III, but it contains quite a lot of pages and currently no one has translated them, we'll see in the future.

The next revision will come out right after this ends, because there's still some quite relevant stuff I need to tackle, but it would have been too much for a single thread.

Last edited:
I've been told that Gen's Shitenshuu should be considered Death Manipulation because the last pressure point is implied to be meant to kill the victim.
More details are in the OP, tell me if it's fine.

Everything, movement and combat, since he can travel at that speed with his whole body instead of just dashing (Armor told me that the fact he moved without making a sound, instead of jumping and crashing down, supports him moving at that speed thoroughly)

We've got 8 agreements (I'm including likes on the op), and two belong to a thread mod and an admin, and the changes seem unctroversial, I'd say it can be applied, what do you think?

As usual, I prefer to apply everything together, it's easier and makes it so the job is carried out better and in a more unified way.

So I'm going to close this thread and kindly ask everyone to check the second CRT, and once it's one, I'll add the content of both threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back