• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Street Fighter: Ryu upgrade to High 7-A and various fixes.

Also, Honda is actually not an outlier since both Ryu and Chun have been training since SFA3, where Ryu's very early 7-B feat comes from.

Yes it is, E Honda all of a sudden has a mountain level feat meanwhile no character above him shown feats remotely close to that, them training since then doesnt help much

I mean, we have been using 7-B Ryu as his PoN self even if SFA3 is literally the second earliest possible point Ryu has been at.

Hell, we even ignore that he rekted Alex, who rekted Gill.

Gill is a god tier comparable to Akuma, yet Alex somehow beats him...thats a very questionable fight, which leads to either plot or Gill didnt fought him for real

Alex beating Gill was talked before too, its not taken as legit, plus the scaling makes no sense if it was, Gill is on the same tier as Akuma, Alex beats him, but loses to Ryu, yet Ryu even in SF3 isnt considered to be a god tier level character

Regardless. Let's stop this chit chat.

Does anyone have anything against At laest High 7-A Evil Ryu in SFA3?

You were the one that brought up the non canon stuff pal so you derailed it

Evil Ryu fighting Shin Akuma is questionable either if he wins or not and its a non canon what if story, the instances we saw Evil Ryu in canon dont show any feats close to the ones with Akuma

We never saw Evil Ryu in canon as explaained in this thread i assume you have actually read.

Then you mustt haave missed the fact that Ryu has never, ever fully submitted to the dark hadou in any point in the story, not even SFV.

Evil Ryu nnever happened in canon, ever. Also, as shown above SFA3 Ryu >>>> SFIV Evil Ryu.

You try to give his Evil Ryu key a tier based of a non canon feat, yeah no

If anything only Kage should be the only one that scales since we see him triumph over Akuma and that one isnt non canon as far as narrative goes

Its a what if, separatee character, like Oni.

Also Kage is 100% canon, what are you smoking.

Oni according to Rose quote from SF4 makes him as being a possible path to were Akuma might end up in the future, so not really a what if character

I said "that one isnt non canon", read next time

Its a what if chracter based on that explanation alone.

Do you even read what you type?

No its not, it means Akuma can end up on that route, unless Capcom scraps it, plus in another game Akuma talks to Oni if i remember so he aint really a what if

I do, you do not, i said his story isnt non canon(AKA it is canon), hard to understand?

So far your arguments in this thread were more or less things talked already and discussed before

Ryu in base or Mu no Ken gets no upgrade, he stays 7-B, his Evil Ryu one we saw in canon stays as such too, Kage should get it only if anything and that should be a separate profile as he is the hado personification with its own body

Akuma's island bust desperately needs a recalc as much later on in that link you can see everyone disagreeing with it and agreeing that it is inflated.

Bison's Psycho Drive satellite city bust could do with a calc because it is aimed at "the capital" and the explosion is so intense it reaches forest area, it's the same explosion shot as the other endings but it's done so from a different location and from what I said would be much more intense and would likely lead to island level. If you don't want to base it on that then at least base it off of how much it would take to make a blast the size of "the capital". Also that the Psycho Drive shoots over to another satellite directly over "the capital" from possibly another country over.

I deleted the derailing posts, including my own.

So how should we scale here? Further help from Dark649 would obviously be appreciated. Can somebody politely ask him via his message wall?

M Bison's profile also ignores the calculation linked for Bison's speed actually saying it's Massively Hypersonic+ and I believe that might even be heavily lowballed.

Already did.

Evil Ryu should get his own profile since he is not canon and Ryu should be upgraded on a SFV key based on the accepted calc.

It is, but this one is about SFA3 Evil Ryu beating Shin Akuma.

Even if he loses, not only he stays alive, but Shin AKuma said that he fought well, yet only being weaker than himself.

This implies he is able to fight on equal terms with Shin Akuma.

Alrighty then, but I still stand by Akuma's island bust must be recalc'd, since this is regarding tiering and all.

Because you can see everyone in the link to it agreeing that it is inflated, wrong and outdated since 2016

Many calcs of that time period have also been redone and got different results as well so this shouldn't be any different

That, and Akuma has a feat of shooting a blast into outer space from what looks like it could be close to the diameter of the Earth in terms of range.

I know that may sound unrelated but I just think it should be mentioned.

That island feat should be just mountain level, the calc assumes the island was pulverized yet we still see rock falling in the background and crumbling down in pieces, why was it accepted that high in the first place

The E Honda feat shouldnt be accepted as an upgrade, a character weaker then Ryu and so on has a feat about near to the Akuma one, its outlerish

No its not, rocks still fall in the background and nothing in the ending implies pulverization, the island was crumbling and sinking underwater

The Bison satellite laser obliterating a capital city to the point the explosion reached forest area would likely be way above that
M bison capital
Psycho drive explosion
anyway
Even then the Hakan/E Honda speed would definitely not be an outlier

The psycho drive exploding on its own should be different from M Bison using it to explode a city so greatly it reaches forest area, I haven't seen any calculation for it.

The psycho drive exploding on its own can apply to normal characters as well by the way, there should be a calculation for both.

I remember that someone calced it somewhere and it wasnt higher then City, dont think it makes much of a difference, but thats up to more if these need to be calced

Back