• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Thanks, but I do not know if that is necessary, given that the calculation has been approved.

I think it'd be better if we got those other feats calced (Necros ending, onis volcano feat and fangs SFV ending)

You can ask here and mention that I would appreciate the help: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3760369

Should we apply scaling from the Gill feat?

I am not sure if much is going to happen on that front, so it seems better if we at least get something done.

Not necessarily. The calculation has been accepted. However, you can ask him to comment here again first if you wish.

well i think we need a knowledgeable staff member to accept the scaling from this feat and whether it's an outlier or not IMO anyway i asked matt to comment here on if the feat is an outlier or not.

Okay. Thanks. I personally think that it seems straightforward enough to use.

I mean, the main problem I see is that Alex canonically defeated Gill, with the former being defeated by Ryu after an unknown period of time had passed.

KarmodF said:
I mean, the main problem I see is that Alex canonically defeated Gill, with the former being defeated by Ryu after an unknown period of time had passed.
Gill let himself be defeated.

Just like when Shin Akuma hit him with the Shun Goku Satsu, which Gill let himself be hit with, only to revive from the blow afterwards.

I would say she is more of a crossover character rather than a SF one, but my knowledge goes as far as SF4 so idk what makes her stronger than Oro.

@matt

again ingrid ain't canon she's a guest character who was never mentioned again in the series.

also were was it said that gill was stronger than base akuma?

also yeah gill was probably holding back in his fight against alex and let himself get defeated wouldn't be the first time actually remember when he "lost" against urien so that he could become emperor?

Matthew Schroeder said:
The strongest character is Ingrid actually, followed by Oni then Oro and Gill.
Ingrid in her story of the single game she was in, said with her words it takes her 30 minutes to beat Bison, she isnt the strongest if she needs that much against a character that those like Akuma can put down way faster

Well, the official ranking video said that he is stronger than Shin Akuma, but weaker than Oni.

ehhh again i take that video with a grain of salt i don't really think it should be used when most of gills fights end in him losing on purpose(see dudleys ending, threw the fight against alex and he purposefully lost to urien to get promoted to emperor) or him stomping his opponent(see his story mode in SFV) he's never really had a "fight" against akuma and got Shun Goku Satsu'd because akuma thought he was a prick.

speaking of gill getting raging demon'd why doesn't he have resist to soul manip if his soul wasn't destroyed by akuma's shun goku satsu? seems pretty straight forward would it be fine to add now or should i make a CRT?

Feel free.

Also, which characters should scale from the Gill feat?

well if base akuma scales(which i think he does) then gen,oro,oni,kage/evil ryu,gouken and akuma.

Okay. I think that Gill is likely stronger than base Akuma though.

I mean is Gill consistently said to be stronger then Akuma? We could always just scale Akuma via possibly being comparable to Gill since both are consistently portrayed as top tier characters in lore

Back