• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Street Fighter Mid Tier Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a talk with some administrators on the site and they have informed me that feats from non canon endings of fighting games are acceptable as long as they make sense within the verse.

The feat in question is this one: https://youtu.be/9tq_ZXVpxas

M. Bison absorbs some energy out of Ryu's body and uses said energy to destroy a city.

Bison SPECIFICALLY mentioned that he was using Ryu's power.

And the beam travelled from Bison's cannon to a satellite in moments.

I request that Base Ryu and everyone who scales to him to be upgraded to Small City Level and massively hypersonic.

The mid tiers who scale to Base Ryu that we have profiles for are: Ken Masters, Sagat, Makoto, Dhalsim, Dudley (fought Base Ryu during 3rd Strike) and Laura Matsuda (fought on par with Base Ryu during Street Fighter V). Nobody else.

What do you guys think?

If this is Ryu's own power, it can be calced and scale to Top tiers, while mid-tiers continue with the Low 7-C scaling from Chunners.

Matthew Schroeder said:
If this is Ryu's own power, it can be calced and scale to Top tiers, while mid-tiers continue with the Low 7-C scaling from Chunners.
This is Base Ryu's power, why wouldn't characters who scale to Base Ryu get the scaling?

Matthew Schroeder said:
Because even Base Ryu is up there and above Chunners.
Ken and Sagat can receive the scaling then right? They are consistently on par with Base Ryu. Forget everyone else I mentioned above.

You will need more input and approval from other users knowledgeble about the verse before doing so.

Dark649 said:
You will need more input and approval from other users knowledgeble about the verse before doing so.
There are only four of them for Street Fighter, Matthew is here and one of them is inactive. So if I can get the other two on board can Ryu, Ken and Sagat receive the upgrades?

bump.

somewhat interested.

Would Sakura and Karin scale? I mean, Sakura beat Zangief, who is able to fight in the SF2 tourney alongside base Ryu and Chun, and fight the katana doll girl who should be comparable to the doll that gave Ken a bit of trouble, who is comparable to base Ryu.

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
bump.

somewhat interested.

Would Sakura and Karin scale? I mean, Sakura beat Zangief, who is able to fight in the SF2 tourney alongside base Ryu and Chun, and fight the katana doll girl who should be comparable to the doll that gave Ken a bit of trouble, who is comparable to base Ryu.
Possibly, but Matthew doesn't seem to think that many people scale to Base Ryu. And since I need his approval for the upgrades, I don't feel like arguing against Matthew. I'm only arguing that Ken and Sagat scale to Base Ryu amongst the mid tiers.

No one really wants to argue against Matthew, i must say.

I do think quite a bit of sf characters should scale to base Ryu, but somewhat weaker.

after all, didnt Bison want ryu because of the Satsuni no Hadou on top of his base form?

He says he is useless to him if he beats him on a versus match on SFV because he no longer used the Satsuni no Hado

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
No one really wants to argue against Matthew, i must say.

I do think quite a bit of sf characters should scale to base Ryu, but somewhat weaker.

after all, didnt Bison want ryu because of the Satsuni no Hadou on top of his base form?

He says he is useless to him if he beats him on a versus match on SFV because he no longer used the Satsuni no Hado
I completely agree that more characters should scale to Base Ryu, but I'm willing to compromise to get this done.

I can help apply these, the only characters that scales are: Base Ryu, Base Ken, Sagat, Bison, Seth, Charlie, Dudley, Urien and Third Strike Chun-Li. Lastly Dhalsim and Necalli.

I do not think Laura scales, she mostly fought Low 7-C+ opponents, she is a similar deal to Sakura [Who scales to Karin], who fought a not serious Ryu in her story.

Zangief fought Balrog, who fought F.A.N.G [Ed said why Balrog did not killed him. The latter fought Vega and took a beating from Chun Li].

Juri does not scale either since despite of easily defeating Chun-Li in that Ova, she fought decent matches with Rashid and Vega in V.

Laslty there is Base Necalli, who despite fighting Ryu and Dhalsim, he was repelled by Balrog in his story. The latter is likely PIS since in the story, he forced Charlie to escape, so i have no problem with both of them being listed.

Yeah, but Sakura scales to Karin, who fought Shadaloo dolls who are all the same powerwise, and gave Base Ken a deent fight.

Rashid fought base Ryu when Gouken was still alive.

Dark649 said:
I can help apply these, the only characters that scales are: Base Ryu, Base Ken, Sagat, Bison, Seth, Charlie, Dudley, Urien and Third Strike Chun-Li. [Possibly Dhalsim and Necalli]

I do not think Laura scales, she mostly fought Low 7-C+ opponents, she is a similar deal to Sakura [Who scales to Karin], who fought a not serious Ryu in her story.

Zangief fought Balrog, who fought F.A.N.G [Ed said why Balrog did not killed him. The latter fought Vega and took a beating from Chun Li].

Juri does not scale either since despite of easily defeating Chun-Li in that Ova, she fought decent matches with Rashid and Vega in V.

Laslty there is Base Necalli, who despite fighting Ryu and Dhalsim, he was repelled by Balrog in his story. But if the latter is PIS since in the story, he forced Charlie to escape, i have no problem with both of them being listed.
Cool, but what about Makoto?

Makoto fought Fei Long, who can fight with Vega. I do not think Ken and Ryu were at 100% of their power through, they mainly want to study the opponent. The Shadoloo Dools are not much of a threat, even when amped by the moons.

Dark649 said:
Makoto fought Fei Long, who can fight with Vega. I do not think Ken and Ryu were at 100% of their power through, they mainly want to study the opponent. The Shadoloo Dools are not much of a threat, even amped by the moons.
That seems reasonable, I'm disappointed that Laura won't be getting an upgrade. But oh well, I am looking forward to the revisions.

Dark649 said:
Makoto fought Fei Long, who can fight with Vega. I do not think Ken and Ryu were at 100% of their power through, they mainly want to study the opponent. The Shadoloo Dools are not much of a threat, even when amped by the moons.
I can assist you with the revisions if needed.

I already applied the upgrades, the dolls scale to the Low 7-C+ characters only when amped. Ryu's power only charged the Satellite Power, not speed since a laser satellite is mhs even if not charged by someone power.

I think an more accurate description would be "M.Bison wouldd have used Ryu's body to destroy a city in a bad ending and able to fight the latter."

And i do think amped dolls should haave been 7-B for giving Ken (offscreen fight), Rashid (who fought Base Ryu to a friendly stalemate post Alpha 3) and Cammy (Conparable to Chun, who is comparable to Base Ryu) trouble.

I do not think we can value an offscreen fight, friendly stalemate Ôëá 7-B. Chun is comparable to Alpha-V Ryu, only in Third Strike since she lost to several opponents before that.

Dark649 said:
I do not think we can value an offscreen fight, friendly stalemate Ôëá 7-B. Chun is comparable to Alpha-V Ryu, only in Third Strike since she lost to several opponents before that.
So, there's a character named Eagle. His energy traveled to a satellite in a few seconds: https://youtu.be/dGp8TmCj6Gc

Ryu and Sagat have both beaten him. That would equate to Massively Hypersonic for the mid tiers. What do you think?

That's Massively Hypersonic attack speed for that attack, however we cannot scale it to other characters unless it is said or shown that other characters have dodged it or matched it in speed. Eagle has never used that green beam attack on anyone.

Dark649 said:
That's Massively Hypersonic speed projection for that attack, however we cannot scale it to other characters unless it is said or shown that other characters have dodged it. Eagle has never used that green beam attack on anyone.
Then why do characters scale to Bison's psycho crusher speed?

Dark649 said:
Because in Chun-Li ending Bison moved at a similar speed of the beam.
Like I said, that's Bison's attack speed. And Ken Masters has reacted to Bison's psycho crusher in his ending.

Js250476 said:
Ken and E. Honda also reacted to the move in there endings
And utterly destroyed Bison, who is at least High 7-A. We cannot use them.

How in the hell is Bison stronger than Akuma in SFA and SFV?!

The fight against him on the story mode is not canon in SFA3. And Akuma stomped PoN Ryu, who one shotted SFV amped Bison.

Nah man, At least 7-B imo

Now that i think about it. Saying Bison is stronger than Akuma is a massive outlier.

1.-SFA3 Bison was defeated by a very, very early Ryu who just started learning how to control the Murder Intent, if ALPHA Ryu was somehow stronger than Akuma, most of the story up to that point would cease to make any sense.

2.-Bison's plan was to steal Ryu's body to destroy a city to threaten the world into submission. Why the hell qould he bother of he could bust an Island by scaling?

3.-SFV Bison was defeated by PoN Ryu, who was stomped by base Akuma, and since SFV has a different color for Shin Akuma, i think we can be sure that this was BASE Akuma.

Yeah, non canon AND an outlier.

1] The power of nothingness was used in both events, and is made to destroy the Psycho power, its why Bison body was beginning to crumble in V.

2] He needed to destroy a city to get more attention by killing many innocent people.

3] There is nothing that says that was PoN Ryu, especially since PoN Ryu can fight evenly with Akuma in Third Strike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back