• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Street Fighter Mid Tier Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.-SFA3 Bison has no reason being stronger than Akuma because its a massive outlier. I think i must repeat myself. This is a very, VERY early Ryu, Bison shouldnt even be a threat after SFA3. (And Seth would have been one shotted by Ryu on the movie.)

There is no mention that the PoN is "MADE" to kill Psycho Power, i would like to post evidence of that. A Quote from Gouken himself no less.

The only mention is that the Dark Hadou and Psycho Power have a kindship with each other, and Bison tought Ryu would just embrace his power because it was similar to the Dark Hadou.

2.-So, you are saying that killing random people gains more attention than another 9/11?

No. His plan was to destroy a city with a power he considered bigger than his own. (Dark Hadou) or else he would have done it himself. Thats why he disses Ryu in SFV in a versus match, since he has already lost/surpressed the Dark Hadou by then.

3.-Third Strike is afrer V, so an unknown amount of training happened. Also Third Strike Ryu scales to Alex, who beat Gill. And Ryu also got training Oro, who did stalemate Akuma (Post-V, of course) with one arm. So no, not really at all.

1] Bison said that there is no one that can stop him and did not viewed Akuma as a threat, Ryu used the Power of Nothingness to destroy Bison original and stronger body. Later Bison with a new weaker body is cornered by Chun and the others.

- Bison body was beginning to cruble and shatter after being affected by that power as shown in V.

2] Yes.

- Bison considers that power above his own due to his potential, he sees Ryu and his hadou as a very valuable due to his potential and abilities. Bison is also curious to test that power on a city rather than use his own.

3] Alex does not scale at all to PoN Ryu nor Gill. Alex struggles with foes like Hugo and in his ending he is casually stomped by Ryu. Gill throwed the fight to Alex, just like he did to Urien and Dudley.

1.-I think you should divide your toughts by topics.

Anyways, you saying Bison saw Ryu as more of a threat than Akuma? This is just flat out wrong.

Power of Nothingness Ryu (even as far as SFV) is nothing to Base Akuma. Its basic, basic scaling.

SFA3/SFV Bison < PoN Ryu < SFV Base Akuma

2.-No. Test? No. That was his plan, to threaten anyone he wished with a city busting blast, i would like to have a scan of him saying "i guess ill TEST his power on this city".

3.-1.-Hugo has fought Cody, who is comparable to Base Akuma, if not stronger by Oni's win quote. 2.-which Means Ryu got stronger since SFV by training with Oro, as i said before.

- Bison never saw Ryu as a threat, he was not expecting Ryu to use the PoN.

- Nothing suggests that was PoN Ryu.

- Bison weaker bodies are on the same tier to Ryu, so i think the satellite thing is not that relevant.

- Hugo does not scale to Cody, who never fought Oni, so that quote doesn't count. Ryu got stronger, but still in the same at least High 7-A tier.

Since i'm tired of discussing and the thread is resolved. I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back