• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Street Fighter God Tier Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
Firstly, I'd like to direct all of your attention to a video. Namely, an official list made by Capcom UK listing the 5 strongest Street Fighters:

Official Capcom UK - Top 5 Most Powerful Street Fighter Characters
Official Capcom UK - Top 5 Most Powerful Street Fighter Characters

(It's important to point out that this isn't an official countdown, the video itself addresses, but a list of 5 warriors who can all be viewed as the strongest street fighters. But as it is a video made by Capcom itself, it should have a considerable saying when it comes to powerscaling)

Okay, so who are the strongest warriors?

*5 Gouke

*4 Street Fighter Alpha 3 M.Biso

*3 Oro

*2 Gill

*1 Oni Akuma

*??? Ingrid

Gouken is said to be comparable to Base Akuma, and even capable of defeating him, which is valid.

Alpha 3 M.Bison is incredibly more potent and powerful than base M.Bison, and Ryu was only capable of defeating him through Power of Friendship Plot. It's also worth noting that in Evil Ryu's storyline, Bison showing no intimidation towards his power (which he could perfectly sense, by the way). And in M.Bison's own storyline, he defeats Akuma in a rival encounter (Rival Encounters, unlike endings where everyone can defeat final boss, can be viewed as canonical), something that is further emphasized by M.Bison's final boss being Ryu, so the only thing that actually changes is the winner of the battle.

Oro is one of the strongest men Ryu has ever faced in canon, and in a suppressed state using only one hand defeated Shin Akuma. Also, in his Super Art 'Yagyou Odama' he uses his full power to create a Mini-Sun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQiSZk6ZKys&t=3m55s I think according to RPGs this would be a Country Level feat.

Gill is in a similar power level.

Oni Akuma is said to be the strongest character of the Street Fighter franchise...

With the possible exception of the time traveler / possibly cosmic being Ingrid, who's far too vague to be determined in power.

So, what do you guy think these people's tiers should be?

I think:

Alpha 3 M.Bison - Possibly 6-C (The difference between a High 7-A and a low level 6-C isn't that much, honestly, so I think it fits) (I think Shin Akuma should also be placed here, as he is clearly higher than base Akuma, but weaker that Oro)

Oro - 6-C (In suppressed state) | Unknown (Non-suppressed state) (Although a calc or approximation would vastly help)

Gill - 6-C (Though not entirely sure)

Oni Akuma is the biggest question mark for me. I think High 6-C would make sense, but not entirely sure.

Ingrid should possibly be left at "Unknown, at least *Insert Tier of Oni Akuma*, if not higher"

What are you people's thoughts?

well Oni akuma makes sense as no one really could touch shin akuma base akuma evil ryu can compete against him, oro can too so in other words mostly people in street fighter can compete with base akuma if we put those guys in that their than we should put unknown but at the very least *insert whatever tier they are put in* oni akuma is higher but unknown

Well, I was suggesting those tiers cause they are canonically the strongest street fighter characters. It would make sense Oro onwards to be higher than base Akuma.

Oro in the story iirc drawed with base akuma so idk we know shin akuma no one can really touch him but with Oro idk he is too vague unrestricted should be unknown and ingrid is even more vague

TISSG7Redgrave said:
Oro in the story iirc drawed with base akuma so idk we know shin akuma no one can really touch him but with Oro idk he is too vague unrestricted should be unknown and ingrid is even more vague
In 2nd Impact Oro defeats Shin Akuma effortlesly as his final boss.

Matthew Schroeder said:
TISSG7Redgrave said:
In 2nd Impact Oro defeats Shin Akuma effortlesly as his final boss.
well can be a what-if scenario but again he is too vague so it can be legit but also it might not i remember the boss but it might be legit though it can also be full power oro

Matthew Schroeder said:
Gameplay Oro is heavely suppressed, though.
gameplay doesn't translate to true power its like saying akuma is glass canon but he isn't because in the old days that dude is broken so he needed a downgrade (that is an example)

Well, that's besides the point. I'm just saying Alpha 3 Bison onwards need to have higher poer levels than Akuma. This isn't a proposition based on nothing, it's me observing story fights and a video made by Capcom UK.

Hmm. Well, if these are the official power rankings, they should be possible to scale from base Akuma, although I do not think that we can speculate regarding exactly how much stronger they are.

Antvasima said:
Hmm. Well, if these are the official power rankings, they should be possible to scale from base Akuma, although I do not think that we can speculate regarding exactly how much stronger they are.
I agree. Hence all the question marks and me being conservative with keeping everyone in 6-C.

Unless someone makes a calc for Oro's full power Super Art.

Well, I am okay with you upgrading any of the mentioned characters to the same tier as Akuma.

i forgot something its about gill first he didn't technically survived the raging demon is just that he ressurected himself second he was defeated by alex in canon who couldn't beat ryu in canon story but should we put a seperate tag for akuma like High 7-A Base At least 6-C Shin form but weaker than full power Oro Oni higher but unknown?

lol what issue is that even probably just friendly reference but still it doesn't seem to be canon

Now, mind you, i don't support the idea of Crossovers being canon, unless explicitedly stated by the authors / creators.

That being said, both Marvel and Capcom have said "there is no cano between the MvC series"

Marvel later went on to say that "Marvel characters that appear in other media are typically not canon."

Sadface, there goes my hope for 3-C Ryu for beating up SHuman.

Edit: Actually, i might be incorrect, but Earth-30847seems to be a seperate universe that has it's own story, canon, and the like.

Aparajita said:
That being said, both Marvel and Capcom have said "there is no cano between the MvC series"
Marvel later went on to say that "Marvel characters that appear in other media are typically not canon."

Edit: Actually, i might be incorrect, but Earth-30847seems to be a seperate universe that has it's own story, canon, and the like.
3-C Akuma sounds nice :D but sadly yeah its not canon

TISSG7Redgrave said:
Aparajita said:
That being said, both Marvel and Capcom have said "there is no cano between the MvC series"Marvel later went on to say that "Marvel characters that appear in other media are typically not canon."

3-C Akuma sounds nice :D but sadly yeah its not canon
From what I talked to Vivi in my Skype, he's going to make a calculation that might upgrade the SF Verse to Small Country level. And I also asked him to calculate what the power of a 5'10", 108 lbs human-shaped sun would have, so we can determine Ingrid's power.

Matthew Schroeder said:
TISSG7Redgrave said:
Aparajita said:
That being said, both Marvel and Capcom have said "there is no cano between the MvC series"Marvel later went on to say that "Marvel characters that appear in other media are typically not canon."

3-C Akuma sounds nice :D but sadly yeah its not cano
From what I talked to Vivi in my Skype, he's going to make a calculation that might upgrade the SF Verse to Small Country level. And I also asked him to calculate what the power of a 5'10", 108 lbs human-shaped sun would have, so we can determine Ingrid's power.
Sweet ^^^ also death star lol but akuma was bored of it so he went to tekken 7 to have more fun XP

so god tiers are islandd to country level?

cuz making a mini object similar to the center of the sun with the surface area of a human was cacled at some online calculator software to be like small country level...

The Living Tribunal1 said:
so god tiers are islandd to country level?

cuz making a mini object similar to the center of the sun with the surface area of a human was cacled at some online calculator software to be like small country level...
that would be nice :)

so is the highest gos tier able to create a sun with the properties like that of the core and has the surface area about as much as a human? if so, then the character wud be small country level or something

hmmm can someone link me to the calc

well i have been looking around and using radiation heat transfer method alone the energy released by an object of 1.5 million degrees temperature and the surface area of 1.9 m^2, using thee highest possible emissivity, we get approx 5.458 x 10^17 J/sec

and thats in the highest possible scenario, in a practical case, it wud be a bit lower

so, definitely, the heat radiating method was not use for small country level

Ingrid defeating everyone casually and treated it as a day job. Then she left and never returned again...

But in SF x Tekken, it is said that she created her own set of Dragon Balls, Pandora.

Well, she has said that the Psycho Power derives from her. So if Bison's Death Star really is powered by Psycho Power, we can scale her of that.

yeah true she is 100% stronger than Bison though akuma can't be scaled as well the hado is different but according to bison they are the same iirc

Akuma is harder to scale, but we do know that full power Oro, who is above Alpha 3 Bison defeated Shin Akuma, and that Ingrid is the only character capable of defeating Oni.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Akuma is harder to scale, but we do know that full power Oro, who is above Alpha 3 Bison defeated Shin Akuma, and that Ingrid is the only character capable of defeating Oni.
ingrid against oni will sound interesting i hope they shed some light on her like she is the goddess of light and oni is a demon of darkness and must fight sort of thing

TISSG7Redgrave said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
ingrid against oni will sound interesting i hope they shed some light on her like she is the goddess of light and oni is a demon of darkness and must fight sort of thing
Now you are getting into fanfic territory LOL.

Matthew Schroeder said:
TISSG7Redgrave said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
Now you are getting into fanfic territory LOL.
still a cool concept right :D

Ok guys I remembered something alex in SF3 beat Gill and alex later couldn't beat Ryu plus idt that it was plot but maybe an outliner? If it isn't gill have to be rescalled and also the new calc about a continental shin akuma we might have:

Shin Akuma: 6-A

Serious Oro: 6-A

Gill: 6-A (but if his loss to alex is an outliner)

M.bison and gouken should not be scaled to akuma because they only truly fought normal akuma so they should stay as they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back