• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Street Fighter God Tier Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
TISSG7Redgrave said:
Ok guys I remembered something alex in SF3 beat Gill and alex later couldn't beat Ryu plus idt that it was plot but maybe an outliner? If it isn't gill have to be rescalled and also the new calc about a continental shin akuma we might have:

Shin Akuma: 6-A

Serious Oro: 6-A

Gill: 6-A (but if his loss to alex is an outliner)

M.bison and gouken should not be scaled to akuma because they only truly fought normal akuma so they should stay as they are.
Continental Akuma comes from the Street Fighter Udon Comics, which are very clearly an alternate universe. Characters have different personalities, relationships and motivations and details in backstories are changed.

For instance, Sakura started martial arts because of E.Honda, Chun-Li's dad was alive until months after SFI, Ryu vs Sagat was televised on a ring and Karin is Sakura's mortal enemy, rather than a friendly rival.

Edit: Also, from what I understand, Gill likes fighting, and supresses himself.

Matthew Schroeder said:
TISSG7Redgrave said:
Ok guys I remembered something alex in SF3 beat Gill and alex later couldn't beat Ryu plus idt that it was plot but maybe an outliner? If it isn't gill have to be rescalled and also the new calc about a continental shin akuma we might have:

Shin Akuma: 6-A

Serious Oro: 6-A

Gill: 6-A (but if his loss to alex is an outliner)

M.bison and gouken should not be scaled to akuma because they only truly fought normal akuma so they should stay as they are.
Continental Akuma comes from the Street Fighter Udon Comics, which are very clearly an alternate universe. Characters have different personalities, relationships and motivations and details in backstories are changed.

For instance, Sakura started martial arts because of E.Honda, Chun-Li's mom was alive until months after SFI, Ryu vs Sagat was televised on a ring and Karin is Sakura's mortal enemy, rather than a friendly rival.
hmmm but still we may need to rescale gill

because alex beat gill canonly ( i am serious) but lost to ryu canonly also

huh though from what i read iirc they say he did in the wiki or it maybe be in the first SF3 game but eh i forget XP anyway so idk if the calc is accepted or will be used if it does then cool

eh idk it seems to be one anyway did u see laura's stroyline in SF5? She seems to scale to ryu in some ways

eh i still think that this is how the god tier should go:

ingrid (but lets not make a profile until later)

akuma (via oni)

oro

gill

also i don't remember it says that gill is stronger than shin akuma it seems he can only take base one but i'm not so sure :/

Matthew, if it is true that UDON's Street Fighter comics are not in continuity, could you reply this to the recent blog post calculation about Akuma's meteor feat? Othervise people will get the wrong idea and start to upgrade characters.

Ehh, it was a request calc so IDC much about how the profiles are changed. However, if it really is a problem, couldn't we just include a "non-canon"/Udon section for each of those profiles?

Alakabamm said:
Ehh, it was a request calc so IDC much about how the profiles are changed. However, if it really is a problem, couldn't we just include a "non-canon"/Udon section for each of those profiles?

Yeah that would be sweet. There are lots of profiles that have non canon and canon abilities merged together. For example Rugal's which is just his SF crossover and etc.

That would probably be confusing. We usually tend to avoid non-canon information, as too much of it dilutes the originals and risks to turn the wiki into a mess.

Antvasima said:
That would probably be confusing. We usually tend to avoid non-canon information, as too much of it dilutes the originals and risks to turn the wiki into a mess.

Then perhaps we can have Akuma (Udon) as its own profile? But then we would need to read the udon comics to get all the other stats as well. And having other characters.

What would be neat is to have 6A and a note below clarifying that the meteor feat in particular was out of continuity.

Or just scrap the feat in itself. Your choice really.

I think that it is far too much work for lots of unnecessary non-canon versions of characters. Especially considering that UDON may legitimately make canon Street Fighter V comics soon, which would not fit with their previous stories.

Antvasima said:
I think that it is too much work for lots of unnecessary non-canon versions of characters.

True. So do we dispose of the feat or put it in the profile and just say that that feat in particular was canoncicially dubious as it was last time?

Antvasima said:
I think that we should skip it.

Aight sounds good.

On other note would upgrading Karin to 8-A to possible low 7-C sound good? This was due to her having a match with Ken in his story mode and it was presumably a stalemate. Also she has a move which can overwhelm someone from over12K Kilometres away.

Possibly, yes. Although I am not an expert on the subject, so let's wait to see what the others think.

The Living Tribunal1 said:
hold on if its nan canon, then we cud just make anothing saparator and key lable it as non canon only
We could make Udon Akuma, just like there is Asura's Wrath Akuma.

But then we would probably have to create UDON profiles for all our Street Fighter characters. I think that it seems like too much trouble.

Antvasima said:
But then we would probably have to create UDON profiles for all our Street Fighter characters. I think that it seems like too much trouble.
Yeeeah, that might get convoluted.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Antvasima said:
Yeeeah, that might get convoluted.
i agree too much trouble

This is an old thread. It should probably be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back