• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am inclined to agree with you and AKM regarding that it seems more like a form of deconstruction, yes.

There is no proof of that being light or photon, glowing doesnt justify it either, energy of any kind glows
Energy of any kind isn't luminous, and either are atoms or molecules. If you wanna say he can break things down into a different substance that's fine, but to say that he's turning them into ash or atoms is inherently incorrect.
His body cracks apart into particles, synonyms of particle being literally atoms and molecules
Again, atoms and molecules are not the same are photons. Atoms do not glow like that, therefore you can't say "Deconstruction done via breaking down atoms.
No transmutation ability from fiction looks like that and our page for deconstruction with the gif example looks more akin to what we see here
Our verse page isn't filled with everything from fiction, Boa and Arcuied from Fate can turn people into masses of light, again with this blatant Fallacy.
Standards for light exist and nothing from it fit with them being that
Standards for light don't exist on the wiki, that's for light speed. Light on the other hand is very easy to come by, light Manipulation doesn't have requirements.

You literally have no proof again with these debunked and wrong arguments

Nowhere they are stated or implied photons, nowhere it shows its transmutation and only you think with headcanons that

All you said towards me applies to you in full, also it was decided now and agreed its deconstruction, not your baseless transmutation wank, dont reply if you lack common sense or manners

The two of you still need to behave properly when visiting this community. Otherwise we will have to block you for a week or so until you cool off.

You literally have no proof again with these debunked and wrong arguments
Again, you didn't debunk anything, that's what you think and even AKM disagrees with the deconstruction being based on atoms. It's breaking them into photons / light energy. Atoms aren't anything like portrayed in the video, atoms and molecules don't work like that.
Nowhere they are stated or implied photons, nowhere it shows its transmutation and only you think with headcanons that
It's inherently light energy, atoms are not light energy. Photons are, which is what everyone here agrees with.
All you said towards me applies to you in full, also it was decided now and agreed its deconstruction, not your baseless transmutation wank, dont reply if you lack common sense or manners
Calm yourself and stop acting smug, I've dropped my attitude now you'll do the same. Transmutation is rejected, but this form of deconstruction isn't based upon matter deconstruction, they break down into light energy. Not your "atom" wank. Also don't accuse others of lacking common sense when you can barely form coherent sentences.

This is the last warning to stop using insults.

@AKM sama

Should we ban any of them for a week to cool off?

You should ban the one who directly uses words like "idiot", "fool", "stupid" towards someone intelligence like him, let alone whom admitted above he does it if you argue against him and trying to push for already argued and rejected prososals

Absolutely especially whenever your being completely ignorant of basic science and such.

From what I recall, Transmutation is a very broad ability that basically just means transforming an object into another. Biology manipulation for example is a subpower of it albeit limited to transforming biological objects into other biological objects and more so involves rearranging their molecular structure. But Transmutation can often break the laws of physics or chemistry, such as turning a human into a water goblet. Deconstruction is also a broad term that basically consists of breaking something down without touching things. Whether it be matter manipulation, or even a generic ability to just make objects randomly.

Though, looking at the video, I basically just see Bison's body breaking as a result from Ryu's Ki blast. If that's considered an ability, It sounds like Deconstruction makes the most sense and basically agree with AKM's conclusion.

Thank you for the evaluation Medeus. Deconstruction seems like the best solution then.

Also does Ryu ever do this again? Doesn't even seem accurate to list an ability only ever used once.

Deconstruction (Can cause the opponent to break down into light energy.) and if this is the only example of him doing so we usually give "Possible" ratings for such an ability.

To be perfectly fair, this feat does remind me what happens to Younger Toguro and how his body just cracked and broke as a result of Yusuke Urameshi's fully charged Spirit Gun. I agree this looks like a one time showing and more of a delayed energy output aftermath rather than hax though.

So LordGin's most recent post looks like a good point.

I disagree, there's no reason to not list an ability that has not been used more than one time, especially if it's clear that it happened.

This is also the end of SFV, after that Ryu didn't fight anyone in particular, he just had a friendly match with Ken and Sagat (his battle with Kage is a different thing and he didn't want to kill him).

But if the requirement for an ability is to having been used at least twice, than I can cut away something like half of this CRT and we can do the same with all profiles.

I also disagree with it being just energy output, just before that fight Ryu had unlocked a new type of energy (the Power of Nothingness) and Bison clearly started vanishing without even having been knocked out. It's not even a DB-like vaporization from a huge energy beam.

Before this, Ryu killed a Seth clone with his ki and he just burned away, turning into ash (which is one of the two reasons why I proposed heat manip for Ryu), meaning that it's not something that happens normally in the series as an effect of ki.

I'm okay with possible deconstruction, and if there are other examples then I think a solid deconstruction is fine. Also, from what DontTalkDT said, it's pretty given that any type of explosion/force would generate intense levels.

Saman the "Possible" is due to the power itself being vague whilst not all too consistent. Ryu never showcases this again, ergo it's "Possible" instead of the full blown ability without any limitations. The evidence is there but there's also a lot of assumptions that go without labeling it as possible.

I admit I got a little bit heated, but the reason why I think it's a solid ability is also because Bison got it by the Hadoken, which then faded away and then he started cracking apart once he got up from the hit. It also happened rather slowly, he didn't explode in a burst of energy.

About other showings, it's impossible because that was the end of the last game, so we have no way to imagine how Ryu would act in the future, bearing in mind that he usually doesn't kill his opponents willingly, besides some specific occasions.

But the fact that we already know what happens when Ryu kills someone with ki, makes me believe this is its own thing, supported by Ryu having unlocked a new source of energy not much time before that battle.

For example, this is an example of energy bursting as an effect of the battle, as Bison is unleashing his own Psycho Power the very moment he gets hit by Satsui Ryu's Shoryuken, but what we see in SFV is rather different.

Edit: I'm fine with it being listed as possible, I disagree with it being "nothing but energy output".

Okay, so "Possibly Deconstruction" or "Possibly limited Deconstruction" then?

Okay, so "Possibly Deconstruction" or "Possibly limited Deconstruction" then?
I'd day the latter due to it not being applicable to every attack like how Scar from FMA works. Needs to be done via killing the opponents and the aftermath is exploding into energy.

Should we ban any of them for a week to cool off?
You could just ban people from the thread itself for small fights like these.

Also, there can be characters with something special about them that differentiates them from normal characters, and for those characters it is common to just fade away into energy when they are killed, like that. For example, Beatrice from Re:Zero is a spirit and she fades away as glowing light if she is killed. I am not saying this is the case here because I am not knowledgeable, but I saw the discussion above. If there is nothing special about Bison that would result in such an action, then it would be fair to assume it's possibly Ryu's own doing.

I'd day the latter due to it not being applicable to every attack like how Scar from FMA works. Needs to be done via killing the opponents and the aftermath is exploding into energy.
We don't know that either, Bison was apparently fine before starting to fade away, and he didn't even explode, he just slowly vanished.

I'm fine with limited because it's not a very precise version of that kind of ability, but Ryu needing to kill the opponent first is not really supported nor shown.

Bison was relatevely fine before and after beign struck by the hadoken, he could stand up on his feet and faded away while laughing. He surely wasn't dead at first.

It's true that not all of Ryu's attacks can do that, and maybe he needs to deliver an especially powerful hadoken, like one its "super versions", but him needing to kill or even knock or totally worn out the opponent isn't true.

Last edited:
Also, there can be characters with something special about them that differentiates them from normal characters, and for those characters it is common to just fade away into energy when they are killed, like that. For example, Beatrice from Re:Zero is a spirit and she fades away as glowing light if she is killed. I am not saying this is the case here because I am not knowledgeable, but I saw the discussion above. If there is nothing special about Bison that would result in such an action, then it would be fair to assume it's possibly Ryu's own doing.
Bison died other times, in Alpha 3 he just laid on the ground and in SF2 it happened the same, as him being killed by Akuma is canon.

"Possible Limited Deconstruction via Power of Nothingness." (With the Power of Nothingness Ryu is able to Deconstruction flesh and bones into photons, consequently causing his opponents to vanish.) is how i would word this.

Saman can adjust it accordingly if he deems so.

I think it works, I will put it under the Power of Nothingness tabber, maybe without directly calling them photons, as they might be "energy particles", rather than photons specifically, or something like that.

"Possibly limited Deconstruction via the Power of Nothingness (By using it, Ryu is able to deconstruct others into energy particles)" seems fine to me.

Last edited:
Should I call Matthew, Redgrave and the others one more time, to see what they think of the additions overall, or should we conclude this?

It depends on how controversial your suggested changes are. Can you remind us what you intend to do please?

These are all powers and abilities for many characters, some to add and some to remove, the op is the entire list.

Okay. It largely seems fine to me, but asking for another evaluation if you are uncertain seems like a good idea.

Who have accepted what so far?

All those who have commented have accepted everything, save for AKM, Agnaa, KingTempest and some more who have commented only to settle Ryu's Hadoken being Possibly limited deconstruction, which was also the most controversial thing and has been settled.

But just to be sure:

@Matthew_Schroeder @TISSG7Redgrave @MaidRips

Sorry if I call you once again, it's just to know of you are fine with what I've listed in the op.

Thank you for the summary. After waiting a bit for replies, you can probably apply this then.

Almost a week has passed, I'd say this can be declared as finished at this point, since no one replied after being called three times.

Bear in mind that I have absolutely no grudge, I just think there's no reason to wait more, everything else has also been settled.

Last edited:
@Antvasima Do you think enough time has passed as of now?

As I said in the previous post, at this point I think it's safe to call it a day and apply the revisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back